Emails

Guest sheridans_world

Emails/Phone Calls/TV Apperances/Letters  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Have you made contact with a Councillor?

• Yes
    • No
    • In The Process of doing so
  2. 2. Have you made contact with the Club

• Yes
    • No
    • In The process of doing so
  3. 3. Have you made contact with any external news agencies?

• Yes
    • No
    • In The process of doing so

Guest sheridans_world

I am wondering how many people are being pro-active, rather than post below, if you can vote for what you have done.

This could be used at a later date by Latics as to the number of people who have been unhappy with events.

As i say, please vote, no need to post on here, just getting an idea of numbers...

Guest oa_exile

I have sent an e mail to Cllr. Bashforth and received a response back which i forwarded onto AH & TTA.

Just to annoy him , i sent a response back to Cllr. Bashforth again basically telling him that i hope he is also telling OAFC the same.

Also had contact with AH today by mail and PM.

Yes, yes and yes.

Although my email to the Chron was mostly just to express my bemusement at the lack of a Comment on the subject. I reminded the editor that today is a massive opportunity for the paper to come out solidly in favour of the club and the town's future prosperity.

FAO EVERYONE!

Can I suggest that if you don't have a legitimate and time-critical question for anyone at OAFC that you perhaps hold off sending emails to them...? I'm certain they appreciate all the support they've recieved and I'd suggest you still send the mail but at a later time.

But there is evdience to suggest the mailboxes of the main staff are struggling under the weight of response from fans (How fantastic is it to be able to say that?!) and we don't want to make a hectic day even more difficult for the club.

This is in no-way an official announcement, simply a point I'm making based on my observations and assumptions.

Ack

Fair point.

If anyone nearby the club wants to send a message of support, maybe drop it by in person rather than by email?

I have obtained an email from a councillor on the committee last night about they way forward and passed this to AH. I have also drafted a letter to Michael Meacher but will hang fire on this to await the clubs decsion. There are murky deeds afoot and if the club suffers, then as they say.. let the :censored: hit the fan!

Contacted AH at 7am, the MEN about 12. But not council as I don't live in Oldham.

:(

It doesn't matter that you don't live in Oldham - you spend money in Oldham and want to be able to continue to do so. The Committee's decision affected a much wider field than the local community. Look how many people come into the town every other week to spend money before going to BP.

The Council needs to be reminded of the far-reaching consequences of a decision taken in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I urge everyone, local and exiles, to contact the Council to question this decision.

I have sent an e mail to Cllr. Bashforth and received a response back which i forwarded onto AH & TTA.

Just to annoy him , i sent a response back to Cllr. Bashforth again basically telling him that i hope he is also telling OAFC the same.

Also had contact with AH today by mail and PM.

Was your reply from Cllr. Bashforth different from the standard one which I and others have received - promising to reply further in due course?

I have obtained an email from a councillor on the committee last night about they way forward and passed this to AH. I have also drafted a letter to Michael Meacher but will hang fire on this to await the clubs decsion. There are murky deeds afoot and if the club suffers, then as they say.. let the :censored: hit the fan!

Was it Jeremy Sutcliffe, Alec?

He voted in favour and has been the only one to have replied (offering positive advice as well) to my emails.

Guest oa_exile
Was your reply from Cllr. Bashforth different from the standard one which I and others have received - promising to reply further in due course?

Nope the replies from Cllr. Bashforth have not been of standard verse.

Have passed them onto AH & TTA.

Was it Jeremy Sutcliffe, Alec?

He voted in favour and has been the only one to have replied (offering positive advice as well) to my emails.

From Mr Sutcliffe on Facebook

Jeremy M.T. Sutcliffe (Manchester) wrote

at 5:46pm

I am an Oldham Councillor and a member of the Planning Committee. I voted for the application.

Simon Corney and his colleagues must be encouraged to lodge an appeal against the decision with the independent Planning Inspectorate.

Good man!

From Mr Sutcliffe on Facebook

Good man!

That's what he told me as well and I passed it onto OAFC. I also got a bit arsey with him as well for failing to give reasons about how he had come to his decision - until he pointed out that I had actually written thanking him for voting in favour!

Ooops. :blush:

It's been a long 24 hours!

i've just left a message on the oldham council site, complaints form.

The unbelievable message that faced me after my message had gone through was "OLDHAM- THE OUTLOOKS BRIGHT" .

Are they for real?

The future's bright, the future's tangerine (and blue).

Or something.

Keep the faith!

I have mailed AH with support, Bashforth to say how I feel, and also contacted the League Leader magazine. I think that it is important to try to make fans of all the smaller clubs aware of our problem. Not only may they be in a similar situation one day, but we may well generate support from outside our community from other like minded people.

KtF

i went hell for leather and got a bit excited. like you say, some of these rags will be in league with our council, but its worth a try.

the sun

the mirror

the times

the mail

the guardian

the sport (why not)

NOTW

the telegraph

i also emailed itv sport to get incontact with joe royle for us, because he appeared on soccer night tonight. hey its worth a try.

ill keep you posted of any replies. none as yet

I sent a message of support to Alan Hardy last night. Thought you may like to see his reply:

Tony, Thanks for your email.[/color] Yesterday was probably the busiest day I have ever experienced in my 26 years at Latics, my email inbox nearly gave up on me. I assure you I will do my best to achieve a satisfactory outcome to all this for the benefit of the club and its fans. Meetings will be ongoing today and over the weekend so we may not be able to issue a statement now until early next week. I don't know if you are able to join in the protest march tomorrow but if you can that would be great, if not please encourage as many people as possible to support the event. I will be there. Regards Alan

The main point seems to be that we will have to wait until next week for an update. So let's keep our fingers crossed and keep up the pressure. See you at the march Saturday.

KtF

Edited by lincoln_latic