Keep it on the front page

Personally I think everyone needs to have a really good think about ANY ideas to keep the campaign going with momentum.

Simple stuff like car/shop posters, car stickers, wrist bands, think hard about lobbying the "house of idiots", writing to those who DID support us thanking them, even offering to do traffic surveys might help to test the figures. Rule nothing legal out.

just have an open minded brainstorm session which can be debated later.

Bashford and Co will just keep out of the line of fire and hope it dies away. WE HAVE to lobby ALL OMBC ward representatives to show depth of feeling over a sustained period. We also need to watch very carefully what is said and done and feed back any concerns.

Its not just a football issue this its a re-generation investment issue so perhaps research these areas to help plan.

I am sure the range of talents we can draw on is vast once people start thinking hard.

Personally, I think maybe some rhetoric towards Oldham people and possibly Roughyeds fans should be made. Question their allegiences.....state to the dirty Reds and Manchester Council house fans that they too have their part to play in this....it isn't just about OAFC....it's about nicer places to live, sports facilities, office space for businesses and conferencing and bringing jobs into the area for them.....not just about helping OAFC to a brighter future. The net needs casting open. Maybe this is something Trust Oldham could do? An official body, outside of OAFC, pointing it out to others....who just think this is OAFC against the world.

Any more?

Posted this also on the "Keep it on the front page" topic....

Personally, I think maybe some rhetoric towards Oldham people and possibly Roughyeds fans should be made. Question their allegiences.....state to the dirty Reds and Manchester Council house fans that they too have their part to play in this....it isn't just about OAFC....it's about nicer places to live, sports facilities, office space for businesses and conferencing and bringing jobs into the area for them.....not just about helping OAFC to a brighter future. The net needs casting open. Maybe this is something Trust Oldham could do? An official body, outside of OAFC, pointing it out to others....who just think this is OAFC against the world.

I think a letter to the chief of police thaning them for allowing the protest to go ahead would be a good idea..... SHe didn't want it at first but then after a few do's and don'ts said it can go ahead. They did a good job of closing the roads for the fans etc.

Maybe they also realised that Oldham can march peacefully.

Posted this also on the "Keep it on the front page" topic....

Thats an excelelnt strategy.

My two points are 1) Councillors surgeries 2) Repsonded to the LDF Local Development Framework request on the Homepage of OMBC

1) Under decsion making (!) there is un updated note of Councillors surgeries. Bashforth doesn't seem to have them now.

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/ward-surgeries

2) On the Homepage is the request for "What kind of Borough do you want in the future?". THat's an open goal even Deane Smalley couldn;t miss (just joking, I really like him and hope he comes good. Don't get to many games but on the commentary he is always there buzzing around and clearly getting possession)

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/

and directly

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/living/planbuildm...re-strategy.htm

So I suggest a mass standard email to:

spi@oldham.gov.uk

sheridans_world will confirm that the police said they were extremely happy with the march, and will be more than happy to work with us should we want to organise further events. That is a huge plus.

Anyone know the date of December's planning meeting? If it's the 12th, and we're resubmitting (and even if it isn't and we're not), I propose we march again on Saturday 8th before the Doncaster game. It'll take some effort to keep up the momentum - to have the biggest impact it has to be even bigger than Saturday's.

Home games are an obvious focal point for publicity gaining activities. The next home game is Crewe in the Cup on December 1st, if we get past Doncaster. Otherwise it's the following Tuesday against Luton.

I was thinking, for one of these games could we arrange some sort of protest inside the ground? Something along the lines of 'Show Oldham Council the red card', with everyone holding up a red card, or symbolically turning our backs to the pitch for a minute just before the teams come out to symbolise the council turning it's back on Latics. The Luton game might be good because, being a night match, we will be unlikely to be able to do much in the hours leading up to it. If we play Crewe there is time to do something on the morning of the game.

What do people think

1) for Crewe, if we play

2) for Luton?

Edited by oafc_ok

In a letter to David R Jones, Leader of Oldham Council, while he is supportive of the Application and is working with Latics to see the plans approved, I promised that we would cpntinue make his Council a laughing stock until the plans were signed-off.

Everyday in The Chron, there are ridiculous articles with people complaining about such and such. Usually pathetic stories but I am amazed they get so much coverage.

If you live in Oldham, I bet there are hundreds of tales that people can tell where they have been let down by The Council or where the Council is a fault for an everyday problem.

Why not get in touch with The Chron and have your two-pennarth?

Make the Council a laughing stock.

I mentioned it elsewhere (I think!), but...

I'll check, but I think the next planning committee is Dec 12th.

Especially if the club are resubmitting plans to that meeting, but even if not, we should look to hold a bigger rally before the Donny game on Saturday 8th. Just to remind them we're not going to go away.

Edited by garcon

I mentioned it elsewhere (I think!), but...

I'll check, but I think the next planning committee is Dec 12th.

Especially if the club are resubmitting plans to that meeting, but even if not, we should look to hold a bigger rally before the Donny game on Saturday 8th. Just to remind them we're not going to go away.

Cllr Bashforth mentioned in an email 11th December as the date for a Planning Committee meeting.

But we don't want to wait until the next scheduled meeting. When do we want it? NOW! Well as soon as practicable having regard to the fact that three clear working days' notice has to be given.

sheridans_world will confirm that the police said they were extremely happy with the march, and will be more than happy to work with us should we want to organise further events. That is a huge plus.

Anyone know the date of December's planning meeting? If it's the 12th, and we're resubmitting (and even if it isn't and we're not), I propose we march again on Saturday 8th before the Doncaster game. It'll take some effort to keep up the momentum - to have the biggest impact it has to be even bigger than Saturday's.

Some brilliant ideas already. Keep them coming.

Admins - you may wish to merge this thread with I_C's "Hold the Front Page" about Royton South.

:cardinal:

Some brilliant ideas already. Keep them coming.

Admins - you may wish to merge this thread with I_C's "Hold the Front Page" about Royton South.

I have merged two posts Chaplain as they concerned the same subject.

I want to keep the other one separate for now though as we desperately need to find a Candidate for the Royton South Seat.

As I've said on that thread, it won't be an easy job and I really believe that identifying the right person will be the hardest part of dislodging Councillor Harrison from hos Seat.

Independent Candidate Wanted Urgently for Royton South

Thats an excelelnt strategy.

My two points are 1) Councillors surgeries 2) Repsonded to the LDF Local Development Framework request on the Homepage of OMBC

1) Under decsion making (!) there is un updated note of Councillors surgeries. Bashforth doesn't seem to have them now.

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/ward-surgeries

2) On the Homepage is the request for "What kind of Borough do you want in the future?". THat's an open goal even Deane Smalley couldn;t miss (just joking, I really like him and hope he comes good. Don't get to many games but on the commentary he is always there buzzing around and clearly getting possession)

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/

and directly

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/living/planbuildm...re-strategy.htm

So I suggest a mass standard email to:

spi@oldham.gov.uk

This is the comment I submitted to the Council under the formal consultation process, when the Planning Applications were submitted back in March. Some of the points might help people in composing responses to the Council's question 'What kind of Borough do you want in the future?'

Following on from the 'Ritchie Report' and 'Oldham Beyond', the vision of the Oldham Arena is a bold and imaginative step forward in the future progress – not only of professional sport in the town – but also for the Borough as a whole. The benefits of this type of development have been demonstrated with similar projects throughout the country. It is not purely an Oldham Athletic thing, although the scheme is necessary for the football Club’s future, as the stadium would continue to be a home for the Oldham Roughyeds Rugby League Club. The proposals will attract a great deal of commercial interest in the proposed hotel and conference venue. The direct motorway access will open up a conference market of 20 million people who live and work less than 90 minutes drive from Boundary Park. The proposed flats, with landscaped areas, will smarten up an eyesore area, which could otherwise become a prime target for caravan dwellers.

Not forgetting Latics & England's now famous question to the Council:

Does it wish to be known worldwide for the Football Club or the race riots?

How about trying to break a Guinness world record? At the Coliseum we got coverage in the Chron last week when we tried to break the world record for eating baked beans in 3 minutes - not exactly rocket science.

So what could we try?

Record number of people standing in a football league ground's centre circle?

Number of Pukka pies eaten in 3 minutes?

Number of goals scored simultaneously from edge of penalty area?

Number of protestors inside a council planning office?

Record number of keepy-uppies?

Record number of people doing keepy-uppies on a football league pitch?

Or - the first horse-drawn snowcart inside the Latics ground (or would we need planning permission for that?)

And whatever we do, have the same banner/placard in the press pictures to drive the point home.

Cllr Bashforth mentioned in an email 11th December as the date for a Planning Committee meeting.

But we don't want to wait until the next scheduled meeting. When do we want it? NOW! Well as soon as practicable having regard to the fact that three clear working days' notice has to be given.

How about a march to somewhere prominent to Bashforth? I would suggest his house....but that could be problematic. Although, if it was as well behave as on Saturday, maybe not. Just a low-key protest....right to him! Or the pub he drinks in....someone said somewhere where he drinks. Might be a trashcan idea.....but maybe not?

How about trying to break a Guinness world record? At the Coliseum we got coverage in the Chron last week when we tried to break the world record for eating baked beans in 3 minutes - not exactly rocket science.

So what could we try?

Record number of people standing in a football league ground's centre circle?

Number of Pukka pies eaten in 3 minutes?

Number of goals scored simultaneously from edge of penalty area?

Number of protestors inside a council planning office?

Record number of keepy-uppies?

Record number of people doing keepy-uppies on a football league pitch?

Or - the first horse-drawn snowcart inside the Latics ground (or would we need planning permission for that?)

And whatever we do, have the same banner/placard in the press pictures to drive the point home.

Number of protestors inside a council planning office?3000 at least