Chasetown at it again

Just watched it and had a tear in my eye. A proper english Manager who said a few very true words in that talk. Shez could do worse than have a look at that Slater lad. Don't know much about him but his Manager sounds as though he rates him. Do you know of him DS

Chris Slater has had trials with Walsall, Tranmore and the Lashers.

Chasetown given the go ahead to play Cardiff at home at 1.00pm. Walsall to play Millwall at 2.00pm. That should give the Cardiff fans plenty of time to meet up with the Millwall fans on neutral ground.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2007/12/20/g...-for-chasetown/

Chasetown trying to get Heather Small to sing 'Proud' live before the game. Great stuff!

Chasetown have accepted Wolves' invitation to train at Molineux the day before the Cardiff game. It could affect their rhythm by playing on grass so near to the big day. :unsure:

I'm surprised they aren't getting Frank Carson in again. Or Steve Bull for another half-time bout of swearing on the pitch :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Since beating Port Vale, Chasetown have played five games - won four and drawn one. They're eight games behind in the League and expect to have to play at least two games per week for the rest of the season. So they've signed some more players, and for the last game the manager was able to rest ten of his first team and he has no new injuries.

They're training at Molineux and staying at a big country house prior to the game against Cardiff on Saturday. None of the players has asked for a bonus - each player will receive from the Club a framed photo memento of their Cup run. They had their picture taken with the F.A. Cup yesterday, which I always think is the kiss of death.

Come on you Scholars!

None of the Chasetown players earns more than £200 a week – there’s a few on between £100-£150 and there’s quite a number of players on £50-£70 a week.

When they played us two years ago admission was £10 and prices are £19 and £13 this time, in keeping with what the FA and Cardiff wanted.

The club will only make a small profit after losing out on £150,000 from the loss of live TV, and they also rejected an estimated £60,000 for exclusive media rights from a national newspaper. They have made some of that up by selling sponsorship rights for their shorts to the same paper, and live radio coverage. Their main concern has always been to play the game at their home ground, which is what the magic of the F.A. Cup is all about.

One of the club's directors, comedian Frank Carson, is donating £1,000 to the players’ pool.

Shirt sponsors Virgin Holidays have promised to take the players on holiday anywhere in the world if they beat Cardiff.

The town has decorated the main streets in blue and white ready for the big match. Let's hope Cardiff fans don't misbehave.

The dream is over but what an adventure!

The Daily Mail says:

"People say the magic of football has gone. It hasn't, no way. Grass roots, this is what it's all about," added Charlie Blakemore (Manager), who admitted there were mixed emotions afterwards in the dressing room.

"A few of them are disappointed because we've lost and I am, I hate losing.

"But, by the same token, you just have to reflect on their achievement - creating history in the best club cup competition in the world. I'll have the memories for the rest of my life.

"The lads will have a few beers tonight and I'll join them.

"Win, lose or draw I said we're going out on the lash and having a few beers and enjoying it because they're back at work and I'm back at work on Monday.

"Some of the lads played on there today for £30. They've not asked for any bonus. All they wanted was the memory, and they've got it."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

The dream is over but what an adventure!

The Daily Mail says:

"People say the magic of football has gone. It hasn't, no way. Grass roots, this is what it's all about," added Charlie Blakemore (Manager), who admitted there were mixed emotions afterwards in the dressing room.

"A few of them are disappointed because we've lost and I am, I hate losing.

"But, by the same token, you just have to reflect on their achievement - creating history in the best club cup competition in the world. I'll have the memories for the rest of my life.

"The lads will have a few beers tonight and I'll join them.

"Win, lose or draw I said we're going out on the lash and having a few beers and enjoying it because they're back at work and I'm back at work on Monday.

"Some of the lads played on there today for £30. They've not asked for any bonus. All they wanted was the memory, and they've got it."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

Like was said on MOTD last night, not a bad achievement seeing The Scholars go out of the Worlds Greatest Competition at the same stage as Everton, Blackburn, Birmingham and Aston Villa etc. I sincerely hope they'll be gracing Ewan Fields and Bower Fold sometime soon.

Well done Kyle Perry, 21 and Chris Slater 23, who have quit their jobs as a graphic designer and block paver to sign for Port Vale.

Slater was on the books at Wolves and had trials with Tranmere, Walsall and Blackpool.

Good moves for them two, but terrible signings for Vale.

Are they preparing for League 2 already???