Chasetown at it again

Drew 1-1 at Vale Park this afternoon, great result for 'em good luck to 'em I say. Manager was quite a humble guy after the replay and the money from the BBC has set them up big time and i'm sure they'll benefit further from SKY showing the replay, as i'm sure they will.

Edited by oafcprozac

Drew 1-1 at Vale Park this afternoon, great result for 'em good luck to 'em I say. Manager was quite a humble guy after the replay and the money from the BBC has set them up big time and i'm sure they'll benefit further from SKY showing the replay, as i'm sure they will.

Well done the Scholars! If the replay doesn't clash with the Planning Committee meeting, I'll go to it wearing my Chasetown v Latics polo shirt.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest sheridans_world

Fair play to them, I imagine that the cash they earnt from our tie and from the tie with Port Vale will get them into the conference north/south...

Guest oa_exile
Well doe the Scolars! If the replay doesn't clash with the Planning Committee meeting, I'll go to it wearing my Chasetown v Latics polo shirt.

I always knew that you we nothing but a glory hunter

He will also be thinking about the possible away tie at Swindon Town .................. could be a busy weekend for D_S :grin:

Funny how most latics fans seem to have a soft spot for Cheesetown and they have left an impression on us, unlike the other none league clubs we have played.

I was there with Mrs. S. and oafc_ok on the night when the Scholars played Blyth Spartans in a replay. Blyth were the favourites but Chasetown officials told us before the game that if they won and were prepared to play at home, they would be on live TV. So when the Scholars got the late winner to set up the game against us, we were almost as ecstatic as their fans. We were on the pitch after the game and the celebrations went on for ages with TV coverage and a live phone call between the manager and his mother, dedicating the victory to his late father. It was emotional stuff and things like that live long in the memory.

In the 11 days that followed there was regular evening coverage on Midlands TV about Chasetown and every possible aspect of the upcoming game against former Premier League and twice F.A. Cup semi-finalists OAFC. All the local shops and businesses decorated their premises for the big game. I videoed all the TV footage plus highlights of the live game and the goals from the replay. It was reminiscent of our 'pinch me' season.

The transformation to the little ground in those 11 days was amazing, thanks to generous local companies giving their services free of charge.

Who said the romance of the F.A. Cup is dead?

Manager Charlie Blakemore is brilliant - his celebrations when they beat Team Bath in this season's First Round were absolutely manic! It was the first time they'd ever got into the Second Round and he could not contain his emotions.

Read the the link to see what a big part the game against us played in the Club's history.

http://www.chasetownfc.co.uk/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=100

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

They play Cardiff now dont they? not exactly the glamour tie they would hope for, but much more money than any of their league counterparts will receive this season. well done chasetown, gotta be promotion soon.

The new Yeovil?

Don't knock it too much! Fowler and Hasselbaink down at Church Street!

Cardiff City web site reports:

Chasetown, the lowest ranked club ever to get to the Third Round of the F.A. Cup, must wait to see whether their FA Cup third round tie with Cardiff will be moved away from their Church Street ground.

Their ground only has a 2,000 capacity and the Football Association are to meet with local police before deciding whether it can go ahead.

Venues in the surrounding area include Wolves' Molineux home and Walsall's Bescot Stadium but both those sides are already hosting third-round ties.

Blue Square Premier outfit Burton could be another option, with their Pirelli Stadium not in use that weekend and capable of accommodating the clash after hosting Manchester United two years ago.

Chasetown, in the fourth tier of non-league football, are hopeful of getting the go-ahead to stage the match themselves as they go in search of another famous victory.

Club secretary John Richards said: "At this moment in time, we haven't heard anything from the FA.

"As the official rules stand, we play the home games at home, and we are preparing to accommodate Cardiff.

"We will have a better chance of winning if we play here, logic will tell you that, and we intend to win every game we play.

"We're not thinking of an alternative venue unless a decision is made."

Chasetown F.C. has proved that the club can host safely Latics and Port Vale, so any safety issue now must be because the Cardiff fans are likely to misbehave. Why should Chasetown suffer because of Cardiff fans' reputation? There is a fundamental issue at stake here - the easy answer is to ban Cardiff fans, but that would be unfair on the majority who are well behaved. I say the game should be allowed to go ahead, on the undestanding that any trouble from the Cardiff fans will jeopardise that club's future in the F.A. Cup.

This is the video of the inspirational teamtalk given by Chasetown manager Charlie Blakemore before the Port Vale game. Fabio Capello listen and learn!

http://www.expressandstar.com/2007/12/12/c...amtalk-in-full/

Just watched it and had a tear in my eye. A proper english Manager who said a few very true words in that talk. Shez could do worse than have a look at that Slater lad. Don't know much about him but his Manager sounds as though he rates him. Do you know of him DS

Edited by happyterryb