New oasis flag

That owl rips gay ears off with his bare teeth.

I have to ask mate - I believe that owl is copied off one of the greatest pieces of Oldham merchadise ever - the Latics "Breakthrough" T-shirt - circa 1993.... this was a fantastic piece of clothing - remember all the t-shirts which were two sided and had the front and back of the clubs mascot breaking through??? - well we had one with an owl... and that was the face of it.... I was also pretty sure that I was the only person ever to buy said t-shirt - I never saw another one.... why???

.... beacause how many people want to walk around with an Owls' arse on their back.... I can still hear my friends taunts... :disappointed:

Am I right??? Do you also own this great T-shirt???

1986 ...... year OASIS started and funny enough the year I started going regularly

I always thought it started around 89-90, officially anyhow.

But yeah, nice idea and it's a great flag mate. That font looks suspiciously like Comic Sans though. Please don't tell me you're a Comic Sans kinda guy Mark.

And I get no credit for coming up with the design...

Bigfin, I have no recollection of that shirt - do you still have it? I didn't use that as reference for the OASIS flag though, it would be interesting to have a look at one...

Yes :bblue2:

Grey weren't they?

Ha ha!

Someone else bought it! I am convinced it was possibly the worst Piece of Oldham merchandise ever produced.... I am also pretty sure it may still be in a wardrobe somewhere at my parent house, gonna have to dig it out now it has been revived by Mark...

The Owls arse T-Shirt on a flag - awesome - well done Mark!

EDIT: sorry Rummy - just seen your post - as above, i will ahve a look - but absolutely convinced it is pretty much exactly the same... and think RBL will back me up!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Here were my initial thoughts on a new flag:

ultras4ib3.jpg

ultras2kz8.jpg

ultraowl3hb9.jpg

As you can see, this puts some distance between me and comic sans....

You know what I'm thinking Rummy - Car Stickers!

They are class! You gotta get some merchandise going with those!

(how about a tshirt with that on one side and an owls arse on the other... just a thought.. :wink: )

Ha ha!

Someone else bought it! I am convinced it was possibly the worst Piece of Oldham merchandise ever produced.... I am also pretty sure it may still be in a wardrobe somewhere at my parent house, gonna have to dig it out now it has been revived by Mark...

The Owls arse T-Shirt on a flag - awesome - well done Mark!

EDIT: sorry Rummy - just seen your post - as above, i will ahve a look - but absolutely convinced it is pretty much exactly the same... and think RBL will back me up!

I am ashamed to say i had one too.... :bigcry: They were all the rage when i was a kid... Thats what my mam said anyway. :)

The breakthrough T-shirt was a quality piece of merchandise. I'm sure I must still have it somewhere. Those were the days when Latique sold T-shirts that were of a really high quality rather than some of the more recent efforts which have done well to last 5 washes (allegedly... I don't want Alan taking legal action against this slur)

The breakthrough T-shirt was a quality piece of merchandise. I'm sure I must still have it somewhere. Those were the days when Latique sold T-shirts that were of a really high quality rather than some of the more recent efforts which have done well to last 5 washes (allegedly... I don't want Alan taking legal action against this slur)

BRING BACK THE BREAKTHROUGH TEE...... :stupid::grin:

A lot of our gear back then was Umbro. As a kid at school I was kitted out in Latics training tops etc all Umbro stuff and all stood the test of time.

A lot of our gear back then was Umbro. As a kid at school I was kitted out in Latics training tops etc all Umbro stuff and all stood the test of time.

I still wear the stuff now! I still prodly wear the 1993 umbro shell suit to games..... the really dark blue one with red and white flashes, and the big umbro latics badge on the back... the only astonishing thing is it is a small and it still fits me... them made em big back then!

Back to the breakthrough t-shirt - L&E you are right, that badboy was heavy duty... i'm determined to dig it out now, maybe we all can - then we can support the new banner with the original t-shirt! I'm still stunned that so many people owned it!

I still wear the stuff now! I still prodly wear the 1993 umbro shell suit to games..... the really dark blue one with red and white flashes, and the big umbro latics badge on the back... the only astonishing thing is it is a small and it still fits me... them made em big back then!

Now that is old school B)

That owl rips gay ears off with his bare teeth.

Just been looking through the official Finland FA merchandise site (as you do...) and found this utterly astonishing piece or merchandise.... puts our Owls with "gay ears" to shame...

huuhkajahattu.jpg

By the way - its a hat...

:shock: