Wellens

Guest AMO

I've heard it said quite a few times and indeed again in this thread how Wellens would come back to this club if the chance was offered. However no one ever quantifies this how they know this to be true. Can any of the claimers actually say why they believe this to be true.

I would think if this is something they've heard from someone within the club then they'd rather not betray that confidence.

To be brutal, I saw nothing at all wrong with how Wellens left us. He was out of contract. We made him an offer. Donny made him a better offer (and/or he thought they have better prospects). He chose the Donny offer. As far as I recall he was pretty straight about it all and at no time misled us into thinking he was going to re-sign.

I would think if this is something they've heard from someone within the club then they'd rather not betray that confidence.

To be brutal, I saw nothing at all wrong with how Wellens left us. He was out of contract. We made him an offer. Donny made him a better offer (and/or he thought they have better prospects). He chose the Donny offer. As far as I recall he was pretty straight about it all and at no time misled us into thinking he was going to re-sign.

I think it's more to do with his comments since he left about how they are a better bunch of players, have more ambition etc. I know he has to ingratiate himself with the Donny fans, but we scoffed at the Blackpool fans who were telling us about him and what he was like 2 years ago, yet we seem to be saying exactly the same things about him now.

True enough he could keep his mouth shut a bit more ... I just treat that as paper talk though and tend to ignore it.

He could of course just come out and say he want for the money - people might not like it but at leasty he'd be being honest. However, that's not gonna do him any favours with the Donny fans, so maybe - as you suggest - he should just keep his trap shut.

He could of course just come out and say he want for the money - people might not like it but at leasty he'd be being honest. However, that's not gonna do him any favours with the Donny fans, so maybe - as you suggest - he should just keep his trap shut.

alot ofppl walking on eggshells on this thread, could somebody tell me what on earth was said and what r these rumours in a PM?

Quality player...bit of a mouthy manc though and we saw him do the opposition the last 2 seasons what he did to us on saturday. All part of his 'make up' but if KK goes in Jan, i'd welcome him back in a flash!!!

I hate him merely because of what he had said to me personally before that he would only leave if the Championship came knocking. Now Donny are in L1 last I remember, maybe they offered a better deal, maybe they have more potential & maybe hate is strong word but I'd always boo him simply because of that.

Who would of thought he was just telling the loyal fan what they wanted to hear hey <_<

I hate him merely because of what he had said to me personally before that he would only leave if the Championship came knocking. Now Donny are in L1 last I remember, maybe they offered a better deal, maybe they have more potential & maybe hate is strong word but I'd always boo him simply because of that.

Who would of thought he was just telling the loyal fan what they wanted to hear hey <_<

A grand an half extra per week unfortunately these days seems to have more pulling power than 'face value' loyalty.

Januarys forum last year told everyone there really, the way he was, that he wasn't looking to stay!

And yes you'd defo be peed if he'd said that to you directly though!! :(

A grand an half extra per week unfortunately these days seems to have more pulling power than 'face value' loyalty.

Januarys forum last year told everyone there really, the way he was, that he wasn't looking to stay!

And yes you'd defo be peed if he'd said that to you directly though!! :(

Yeah exactly, still sod the fat :censored: & roll on tomorrow ain't it!

Although rather shamefully i've no idea where I need to be.

Being so ashamed of the town as a whole I don't know my council building etc.

You're not called 'Mr. Oldham', so why should you know?

Up the road from Rochdale Road to the Civic Centre, turn right and cut back across the car park to the entrance to the Civic Suite. The meeting is upstairs in the Council Chamber.

You're not called 'Mr. Oldham', so why should you know?

Up the road from Rochdale Road to the Civic Centre, turn right and cut back across the car park to the entrance to the Civic Suite. The meeting is upstairs in the Council Chamber.

Maybe a tattoo of all Oldhams important buildings and features is in order?

I could even include the 'water feature' in the town Centre :grin:

there is a full page in tonights evening gazzette about Blackpools legends, todays player is Wellens. It also says Wellens hopes to be playing in the championship next season with Doncaster, Wellens never really wanted to leave Blackpool but he couldnt get on with Hendry, and a major factor is that his young child is only 10 minutes away from Oldham, how far away is it now you money grabbing turd?