Wellens

Guest AMO

probably called him a money grabber who has put a bit of weight on

was probably along the lines of"well played lad,told you you should of stayed"

i doubt shez would be stupid enough to start a catfight with an explayer in front of a lot of people,wellens could quite easily report him.

more than likely it was the fan who said your a money grabbing big time lazy ar$e barstool.

All the abuse makes me laugh. Although it was funny when he joined in the "banter" with the NSM paddock. :grin:

But let's be honest - who wouldn't have him back in a flash?

No way I would ever have him back.

Why not?

Never like the Guy, didnt like the way he went missing when we needed him the most, didn't like his billy big balls attitude. Just had a general dislike of the guy

I was never a big fan of Wellens, but I've been told that he says he is prepared to walk back to BP if the Club will have him!

I too have heard that from a current employee at the club,although i didn't believe it until now <_<

Like on so many other occasions, it was obviously going to end in tears after he was given all that abuse! Why not wait until the final whistle to ask Wellens about the score? :bigcry::disappointed::ohno:

I was sat in the mainstand and as Wellens left the pitch shez gave him a pat and said well played or something to that tune! Im no lip reader but it looked like that and wad friendly in nature! As he came off fans by him shouted "greedy" and whats the score but he sat down and didnt look bothered by it!

Yesterday showed why I would never have him back. One nil down and your best creative player hangs around the touch line, takes the throws in and spends the rest of the time in the face of the ref / giving the paddock several hands signs. Disappeared far to many times in big games last year and thats why he will never make anything of himself outside the 1st division until he changes his attitude.

Not surprised one little bit he was substituted ............ that's our match winner??????? :grin:

On the other hand KK's best game this year by far yesterday

I was sat in the mainstand and as Wellens left the pitch shez gave him a pat and said well played or something to that tune! Im no lip reader but it looked like that and wad friendly in nature! As he came off fans by him shouted "greedy" and whats the score but he sat down and didnt look bothered by it!

Looked as though he was bothered to me when the stewards had to ask him & the fan to sit back down after they had been giving each other verbals

I liked him as a player. In terms of quality i wouldnt mind him, but i cannot accept the fact he left us in the manner he did and then come back to play for us again.

As much as I'd love a return to the nostalgic days of when players would stay for 10 and 15 years with the club it's a different kettle of fish these days. Wellens obviously went for more money, but then so have a lot of players in the last 10 years but only a small handful get criticised for it. I think the crowd's reaction is more because they know he's a great player, and was fondly thought of when he was here so to see him ply his trade at what the fans concieve is a club who's probably at the same level as us is a bitter pill seemingly.

I thought his snidey money gesture was a bit uncalled for though. Especially considering we had him in our midfield's pockets all game. I just get this feeling that we may end up playing Donny in the play-offs come May. Now that would be somewhat poetic.

Guest oa_exile
I just get this feeling that we may end up playing Donny in the play-offs come May. Now that would be somewhat poetic.

Well after the Lashers last season , the irony IF we met them and beat them :)

Enters D_S with "It's an Omen" :grin: