DIE RICKETTS DIE?

Yes, some of the chanting towards Ricketts was out of order, but without the section in the chaddy there would be no atmosphere whatsover, i thought there was a fairly pleasent atmosphere at the forest game. You've got to look at the NMS stand and the main stand for the idiots who just slate the team and do nothing but grumble for the entire :censored:ing game!! Our fans have got to be up there with the worst in this league, if not the worst, no wonder we never win at flaming home!

I agree. I've been to PNE a fair few times both home and away (because all my mates support em) and Blackburn Rovers as well when i've borrowed a season ticket and our fans are far, far worse than either of theirs. Rickets should have stuck 2 fingers up to the mugs and those moaning pricks in the NSM, can't believe some of the people round me even bother to turn up when they quite obviously don't SUPPORT the team.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not getting into a war of the stands - but i sit in the NSM and there is one or two idiots who sit in the top section but have been told by the majority to shut the f up - so we see the chaddy enders as far worse.

so yeah we have whingers but by the sound of it the chaddy end dont - your constant silence says it all - i will invite you to to sit with us one home game so you can see for yourself

Well for a start Davies has more goals and more assists than Ricketts this season, even using Stitchs messed up logic that means he's a better player.

assists

coco not going to get in argument with you mate, because you dont like ricketts as thats your opionion which is fine - but would you seriously have wolfenden or smalley for instance b4 ricketts be honest

Yes, some of the chanting towards Ricketts was out of order, but without the section in the chaddy there would be no atmosphere whatsover, i thought there was a fairly pleasent atmosphere at the forest game. You've got to look at the NMS stand and the main stand for the idiots who just slate the team and do nothing but grumble for the entire :censored:ing game!! Our fans have got to be up there with the worst in this league, if not the worst, no wonder we never win at flaming home!

ok so all the stands have idiots, but week in week out chaddy enders say they are the voice, but today it was not the case, this argument will go on and on, but we will just have to agree to disagree.

im not getting into a war of the stands - but i sit in the NSM and there is one or two idiots who sit in the top section but have been told by the majority to shut the f up - so we see the chaddy enders as far worse.

so yeah we have whingers but by the sound of it the chaddy end dont - your constant silence says it all - i will invite you to to sit with us one home game so you can see for yourself

I normally go in the Chaddy for cup games and there are whingers as well but I don't think it is near as bad as the NSM upper. I sat in the paddock for the Wolves game last season and it was ok, just seems like the upper section is full of moaning old blokes. I 've been in there for 5 years now because my dad prefers the view from the side and me and my brother think it's a bit unfair leaving him on his own in there lol. I've finally had enough this season though, no way i'm renewing in the NSM. Main Stand was ok when I sat in there for the Mansfield game but quiet, I think I'm off back to the Chaddy next season though.

The booing and moaning in that stand towards the chaddy end is just beyond belief!

coco not going to get in argument with you mate, because you dont like ricketts as thats your opionion which is fine - but would you seriously have wolfenden or smalley for instance b4 ricketts be honest

I can answer that for you. He will wheel out some stats about how many Smalley and Wolfy have scored in a certain number of games and then say that Ricketts has only scored x goals in 5 years bal bla bla. So Smalley and Wolfy are obviously the better option......

I normally go in the Chaddy for cup games and there are whingers as well but I don't think it is near as bad as the NSM upper. I sat in the paddock for the Wolves game last season and it was ok, just seems like the upper section is full of moaning old blokes. I 've been in there for 5 years now because my dad prefers the view from the side and me and my brother think it's a bit unfair leaving him on his own in there lol. I've finally had enough this season though, no way i'm renewing in the NSM. Main Stand was ok when I sat in there for the Mansfield game but quiet, I think I'm off back to the Chaddy next season though.

The booing and moaning in that stand towards the chaddy end is just beyond belief!

chaddy enders constantly go on about how brill they are - about gettting behind the team - but it is annoying because they are no different to any other stand so thats why.

anyway you wont be able to sit in the NSM stand next year cause it wont be there LOL

chaddy enders constantly go on about how brill they are - about gettting behind the team - but it is annoying because they are no different to any other stand so thats why.

anyway you wont be able to sit in the NSM stand next year cause it wont be there LOL

Can't wait for that shed full of boo boys to be knocked down.

ok so all the stands have idiots, but week in week out chaddy enders say they are the voice, but today it was not the case, this argument will go on and on, but we will just have to agree to disagree.

I don't think you need to disagree - IMO the Chaddy End produces both the most good noise and the most rubbish noise. My new home the Paddock was deathly quiet today, myself included. I just felt too cold and damp and hungover and gout-ridden today. I must say I do feel for the folk who go mostly to home games and not away, because I could take today and Forest having enjoyed Millwall and Southend (I think :unsure::drinking45: ), it must be no fun if you are getting used to the home fare of late. The solution I don't know, but I'm fairly sure going to the game filled with hatred for another side's player or anger at youngsters on your own team isn't a good place to start.

A lot of people let themselves down today. The chanting about Ricketts was a disgrace. To then return home to find that elsewhere a player had sadly passed away on the pitch just emphasised the point.

Our football club has some fantastic supporters. Our ability to regularly take a thousand plus to away games when clubs with average home attendances of twice ours couldn't dream of that is something about which I am proud. Unfortunately we have some absolute ****holes as well.

We have no idea why Michael Ricketts left the club. There have been a large number of rumours but we don't know the truth. We also assume that he will be signing for Walsall next week, but again, we don't know. He could be back here if things don't work out.

To me, the chant that summed up these so called fans was the laughable "How many pints did Ricketts have?" midway through the second half. It showed just how much intellect went into their song choices. I can just imagine the conversation that led to that one... "Wotz that song wot people sing about Gregan? It's got the word w*nk in it so let's sing it about Ricketts"

I notice that nobody has come on this board and actually defended the "Die" song so presumably nobody from this cross section of supporters got involved in the chanting. I'd love to think that this was the case.

Why oh why do the Chaddy enders think they know it all. We in the main stand seats support this club just as much if not more than most of you. I pay my money to be entertained because thats what football is in. The entertainment industry. I applaud, encourage, cajole, sing, clap, jump up and down (even with a dicky hip) but I also rant, scream, berate and boo in equal measure should the circumstances dictate. It is up to the players to ensure that I do more of the former and less of the latter...... If it's crap on the pitch I'm going to grumble because thats not what I go to BP to see. The lifestyle the players (even in this division) have is aspired to by everybody sitting in that ground (I think) and they have the responsibility to entertain us, not the other way round. I would never make personal insults of the kind I believe were made towards Ricketts on Satdi but I reserve the right to slag off the collective effort out on the pitch... SO THERE!!!!!!

Edited by happyterryb

Everybody knows the kids consider the guy who scores loads of goals to be the best player when it isnt always true.

Er, don't judge everyone by your own standards. Mind you, if you need to suggest that sort of ignorance to show that you've got better judgement, then carry on.

My kids had Wellens and Haining as their favourite players when they were macsots. How many did Haining score?

Pathetic chant, Ricketts scored and did not celebrate the goal so what was the need for all the abuse when there was hardly any before the goal.

Couldn't believe we allowed Ricketts to play, he is/was our player so we decide if he can play not the club who are to get him on loan.

Ricketts has been hated by sections of our fans since day one, well before supposed incident with Taylor. Can't believe that he was subjected to the sick chant( I assume and hope it was tongue in cheek) and then the fellow Oldham supporters fighting each other about him.

Football is all about opinions, a lot seemed to dislike him I just hope if he does sign permanently for Walsall then this frees up some wages for us to bring in another striker to give us another option.

As for arguments between different stands who gives a toss, we are all there to support Oldham Athletic and irrospective of where we sit, we get behind them and have the crack!

We were laughing in the Paddock. Mainly because the chant was quite squeaky and you could picture some 10 year old in that section of the Chaddy thinking it would scare/imtimidate a 6'0(+) Ricketts.

I don't think you need to disagree - IMO the Chaddy End produces both the most good noise and the most rubbish noise. My new home the Paddock was deathly quiet today, myself included. I just felt too cold and damp and hungover and gout-ridden today. I must say I do feel for the folk who go mostly to home games and not away, because I could take today and Forest having enjoyed Millwall and Southend (I think ), it must be no fun if you are getting used to the home fare of late. The solution I don't know, but I'm fairly sure going to the game filled with hatred for another side's player or anger at youngsters on your own team isn't a good place to start.

It didnt help that the Paddock was deserted compared to Boxing Day and the fact our main priorities were trying to keep warm.

Think the biggest reaction from the Paddock was when a few Walsall fans did a chant about jumping about to keep warm, with a few obscenities about at least they're not soaked to the bone.

What annoyed me yesteday was the players reaction. For 2 hours we stood in the driving rain. A comment was made by someone to Kilkenny after yet another short corner that didnt come off. It was nothing more than a "f**k sake Neil. That's the 6th time its not worked. Just get it effin in." - KK seemed to grumble. "F***'Off." or words to that descript

Edited by Rocky_Latic

We were laughing in the Paddock. Mainly because the chant was quite squeaky and you could picture some 10 year old in that section of the Chaddy thinking it would scare/imtimidate a 6'0(+) Ricketts.

It didnt help that the Paddock was deserted compared to Boxing Day and the fact our main priorities were trying to keep warm.

Think the biggest reaction from the Paddock was when a few Walsall fans did a chant about jumping about to keep warm, with a few obscenities about at least they're not soaked to the bone.

What annoyed me yesteday was the players reaction. For 2 hours we stood in the driving rain. A comment was made by someone to Kilkenny after yet another short corner that didnt come off. It was nothing more than a "f**k sake Neil. That's the 6th time its not worked. Just get it effin in." - KK seemed to grumble. "F***'Off." or words to that descript

it did seem to sound like a load of squeaky kids shouting it from where i was stood by poolside

and kilkenny did mouth them words to a fan, i dont think he will be here long term, and on yesterdays performance and his past couple we can do better!

I'd just like to say not everyone in the NSM is a boo boy. :tongue1:

I though the support was fairly poor to be honest. I know an away goal after two minutes doesn't exactly help but the first real noise I heard from any part ofthe home support was after Kilkenny's long range shot was tipped over ... over half way through the second half.

I'm not one to moan though - I rarely join in the singing these days... served my time with the Chaddy choir years ago.

Er, don't judge everyone by your own standards. Mind you, if you need to suggest that sort of ignorance to show that you've got better judgement, then carry on.

My kids had Wellens and Haining as their favourite players when they were macsots. How many did Haining score?

In that case I will consider myself educated. I thank you.

I cant belive so many people are getting eat up about the ricketts chants!! Just like him scoring they was alway going to happen! Thats football! lol

That said, I didnt do it because I thought it was good on Ricketts for not rubbing it in when he scored. He didnt do anything to deserve the chant.

Also, anyone saying he might come back, yeah right :lol:

Edited by oafc0000