overconfidence dented

now i know that crossley and greegs aside i may sometimes view our potential games with over enhanced positivity and i had us down for a win at everton at 14/1 and was going to put my money where my mouth was, in fact, still is. BUT weve now come in to 12/1 and are without trotters, which may be covered by ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubes moving inside and libpool fan eardley at right back. BUT (again) no killer? no taylor? no hughes? leave it out mate its not worth it.

still intend to stand and sing all game though.

now i know that crossley and greegs aside i may sometimes view our potential games with over enhanced positivity and i had us down for a win at everton at 14/1 and was going to put my money where my mouth was, in fact, still is. BUT weve now come in to 12/1 and are without trotters, which may be covered by ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubes moving inside and libpool fan eardley at right back. BUT (again) no killer? no taylor? no hughes? leave it out mate its not worth it.

still intend to stand and sing all game though.

It's the F.A cup mate, upsets happen and will Moyes rest a few players for the semi-final vs Chelski the week after. i hope so

and arteta is out for everton and do the african players bog off today??

scott spencer to be recalled by them!!! :D

Everton wrote to the Nations in question to get special dispensation for them to play in the semi-final game.

Hopefully they won't want a warm up, but Moyes has a habit of keeping the same team as much as possible. :shock:

To be honest... everton is not omething i am worrying about... its a party day, should be a laugh, and as is said, even if we get beat 5-0 we will still have a beer and sing our hearts out... well hopefully most of us will...

What worries me is the team for brighton, then yeovil etc... we are so light on players it is untrue - it makes last seasons squad look massive, Hughesy's groin looks like it eeds the operation, and and if chrissy T is out for a few weeks we have virtually nothing going forward... take Hughesy, KK, Berts and Taylor out of the side.... and we are really really in trouble....

I think we need around 5 players in, just to make up a squad .... if KK and berts go and we have to integrate 2 new players into a first team in January, along with 2 or so other squad players we really will be struggling to get anywhere near the consistency required for a successful season... but without KK, berts and Ricketts surely there is a big wedge left the budget to bring players in...

Lets hope Shez has those contingency plans ready to roll..... but i'm bloomin worried...

To be honest... everton is not something i am worrying about... its a party day, should be a laugh, and as is said, even if we get beat 5-0 we will still have a beer and sing our hearts out... well hopefully most of us will...

What worries me is the team for brighton, then yeovil etc... we are so light on players it is untrue - it makes last seasons squad look massive, Hughesy's groin looks like it needs the operation, and and if chrissy T is out for a few weeks we have virtually nothing going forward... take Hughesy, KK, Berts and Taylor out of the side.... and we are really really in trouble....

I think we need around 5 players in, just to make up a squad .... if KK and berts go and we have to integrate 2 new players into a first team in January, along with 2 or so other squad players we really will be struggling to get anywhere near the consistency required for a successful season... but without KK, berts and Ricketts surely there is a big wedge left the budget to bring players in...

Lets hope Shez has those contingency plans ready to roll..... but i'm bloomin worried...

I'll have a slightly more optimistic point of view.

Crossley: Didn't look too serious, but being honest, there are plenty better keepers out there that we could pick up.

Hughes: Didn't look too serious again. He tried to play on, so wasn't an obvious full pull. Couple of weeks would be my guess.

Taylor: Pulled hamstring. Out for a month, there is no bright side.

Bertrand: Might come back. If he does I can't see Chelsea stopping him playing in any games.

Kilkenny: Looks like he is off, but you never know.

Even if they all go/are out we have a situation where players are nigh on guaranteed first team football if they come on loan. Something I feel prevented some players from coming to us last season (Leon Best springs to mind).

Crossley: Didn't look too serious, but being honest, there are plenty better keepers out there that we could pick up.

Hughes: Didn't look too serious again. He tried to play on, so wasn't an obvious full pull. Couple of weeks would be my guess.

Bertrand: Might come back. If he does I can't see Chelsea stopping him playing in any games.

Even if they all go/are out we have a situation where players are nigh on guaranteed first team football if they come on loan. Something I feel prevented some players from coming to us last season (Leon Best springs to mind).

yes, slightly more optmistic!

you should have said 'i will look at this slightly more optimistically, they all might play against everton but its 99% certain they wont'

:D

What happened with Gregan that kept him out of the Wolves tie last season? How does it affect anyone we might sign?

What happened with Gregan that kept him out of the Wolves tie last season? How does it affect anyone we might sign?

was it that he signed after the initial fixture, and then wasn't registered in time for the original game so was ineligible for the return fixture