Adam Lockwood signed

Could it be that Wilson has improved as a result of playing alongside Lockwood? I think in a previous interview Wilson said that he was on at him all game. As some on here have said, at this level a bit of organisation can make all the difference, yet again on Saturday Lockwood showed this quality as well as winning 99% of the headers against his man.

We actually look a better attacking side thanks to the defense being solid, it frees up the midfield a little more to get forward.

I think that there is a fair amount of truth in this, particularly with regards to the points about Wilson.

If you think back to the games against Rotherham and Preston though, where they pressed us high in midfield, Smith and to a lesser extent Harkins were forced to drop on top of the back 4 to receive the ball as we were incapable of passing it into midfield. As such our forward players were completely isolated.

Granted in these games (bar 10mins against Preston) we didn't have JCH as an alternative option to hit longer, but we are set up with smaller mobile midfielders to pass the ball through the midfield.

I feel we will always struggle to do that with a central defender of Lockwoods type in the team.

I suppose it depends on expectations - I see so few teams at BP who impress, that I always live in hope that we can get it right and progress.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll happily admit to being wrong about Lockwood. At least I think I was wrong, anyway. Others will claim that I'm still right.

I thought he was a dreadful signing after the initial few games. However, he's been a rock of late, and long may it continue.....