Adam Lockwood signed

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea if he's any good or not. I'm simply speculating.

Please don't be a dick about it.

Sorry wasn't aimed at you, I quoted you as it as the one that I saw mention Bury first.

The jist was, there was like a page of posts that hinted at posters being unhappy he's from non league, but seemed happy if Bury hadn't released him and we'd signed him direct from Bury, he'd have been a good signing.

LJ said on Latics Player Lockwood has been training with us for four months.

Like somebody said earlier he could only sign for a conference club as he was paid outside the window, so he went to Guiseley to get games and LJ has been impressed with him in training and while playing for them.

Had a hip operation while at Bury which halted him there apparently.

He could still be crap though, obviously.

LJ said on Latics Player Lockwood has been training with us for four months.

Like somebody said earlier he could only sign for a conference club as he was paid outside the window, so he went to Guiseley to get games and LJ has been impressed with him in training and while playing for them.

Had a hip operation while at Bury which halted him there apparently.

He could still be crap though, obviously.

He will have been training with us when Guiseley haven't had training which considering they are part-time will have been 1 or 2 days a week.

As to how it didn't get out perhaps because he is a relative unknown, unlike say Jonathon 'Jon' Macken, so some regular watchers of training didn't recognise him, or regularly confused him with Rooney.

Just got off the phone from my mate "bury fan" after he'd finished laughing on the phone at us signing this chump he told us the nickname bury fans had that sums him up apparently, they called him deadwood as his legs were gone after 15mins appartenly!

Not the most encouraging of phone calls to say the least!! :omg:

Just got off the phone from my mate "bury fan" after he'd finished laughing on the phone at us signing this chump he told us the nickname bury fans had that sums him up apparently, they called him deadwood as his legs were gone after 15mins appartenly!

I would hope LJ has seen enough of him in training and while playing for Guiseley to determine whether he has a fitness problem, or if his legs have gone completely.

If he was suffering from a hip problem while he was at Bury hopefully that explains his form there.

Edited by dec666

As the recently bumped DP thread shows as fans we really don't have a clue how the signings will work out so I really can't see why people are moaning about this one. He good be good he could be :censored:e, lets just wait and see. At least he has plenty of experience at this level.

mmmm experienced :censored:e ? is it white ?

Interesting interview with LJ on LP. Lockwood been training with us for 4 months. Played at Guiseley because of red tape [release by Bury] he wasn't allowed to play any higher. Didn't feature at Bury much because of a hip operation. Prior to that was captain at Donny. Had him watched at Guiseley. Knows his new team mates already. You can't say LJ hasn't done his research, even if he did know him from his Yeovil days. I feel much better about it now.

The world is full of dicks, we just have to learn to tolerate.

Yeah but do they all have to post on here at the same time ;)

How about fashizzle my nizzle, i'm perfectly entitled to voice my concerns about the naughty boy and his signings without being so politely referred to as a "dick".

Can you all just stop acting like :censored:ing children!? Christ, you know we get flack for over the top modding a lot of the time (water off a ducks back, comes with the job etc.) but man if we actually were harsh about 9 out of 10 posts would be deleted!!

Act your :censored:ing age dammit!

Better let LJ know so he can cancel the contract before it's too late!

How about fashizzle my nizzle, i'm perfectly entitled to voice my concerns about the naughty boy and his signings without being so politely referred to as a "dick".

I wasn't really referring to anyone on here, everyone's entitled to what they think even if it is bolox.

Christ I spout enough :censored: on here and couldn't care less what people think or if they diasgree. Just ask kieren Lee's fan club!

Can you all just stop acting like :censored:ing children!? Christ, you know we get flack for over the top modding a lot of the time (water off a ducks back, comes with the job etc.) but man if we actually were harsh about 9 out of 10 posts would be deleted!!

Act your :censored:ing age dammit!

eeny meeny miney mo, the answer is no,

if it's a fans forum... how many use it? they only have gates of about 400?

I'm not sure I like your feeling of superiority over the fans of Guiseley, however they do have a fans forum and it looks quite well populated too. Clearly their numbers do not deter them from getting together to talk about their team.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Hopefully LJ has brought him in, to mow down the worldy player and part time cannibal, Or,maybe he thinks there's too many mistakes happening at the back, and this fella is better than some of us may think he is. If not, then he'll probably get rid without too much fuss,costs come the end of the season, Give him a chance, you never know.

I'm not sure I like your feeling of superiority over the fans of Guiseley, however they do have a fans forum and it looks quite well populated too. Clearly their numbers do not deter them from getting together to talk about their team.

of course, we only have 3500 at home games but 6000 want to go to liverpool, there is always a lot of support that does not pay through the turnstiles.

Sick of people not understanding football and having a pop at a new signing.

Firstly, he was released after the end of the transfer window so conference north is the highest level you can play

Would have been on big money at bury

Some conference north teams pay big money and if the guy had a family to provide for what's wrong with him taking that

This guy has pedigree give him a chance to show us, plus we need experience

never once stated we have a superiority, just didnt realize they'd have the commitment for someone to be constantly keeping a check on the site as I know how hard those that keep this site running work