One up front

I think LJ would probably agree that is the best tried and tested formula for this division but all the players needed will command a premium at this level as the strength/discipline/solidity required is hard to come by

Think LJ is trying to develop another scientific formula which can prove successful in this division with a lower budget and cheaper players

I think LJ would probably agree that is the best tried and tested formula for this division but all the players needed will command a premium at this level as the strength/discipline/solidity required is hard to come by

Think LJ is trying to develop another scientific formula which can prove successful in this division with a lower budget and cheaper players

I can't agree with any of that, sorry.

I can't agree with any of that, sorry.

No, me neither.

Players are bred on 4-4-2. All of the playerd you'll get at our level will be very used to playing it.

I'm all for mixing it up, trying new ideas and the like, but - when its patently obvious that with who we have right now (players that he's overseen bringing in or keeping here) at the club, a properly structured and organised 4-4-2 is the way to go.

It was 4-4-2 last night. But it was still a messed about with version of it, being very narrow and with players being asked to do thing out of the norm in that formation.

IMO, and its clearly just that; mine - he needs to stop fannying about with his tactics and formations, settle on one (hopefully 4-4-2) and keep with it. 4 games in and we've had 7 or 8 different ones played so far. Its madness...

Why not? I thought it was a pretty good spot

Not so much the last bit, but I can't believe it's that hard, with all the big clubs we have on our doorstep, to pick up a good keeper, a couple a midfielders who can put a tackle in and pass the ball forward, a winger who can cross a ball, a couple of strikers who actually look like they know the position.

It's a tough job he's got, there's a severe lack of investment from above, but he does seem to make the job harder than it needs to be at times.

IMO, and its clearly just that; mine - he needs to stop fannying about with his tactics and formations, settle on one (hopefully 4-4-2) and keep with it. 4 games in and we've had 7 or 8 different ones played so far. Its madness...

I said the same to my dad at FT. Fair enough top level players and managers chop and change, but it stands to reason - the poorer the player, the more simple to make it. I am sick of hearing "he can play in a number of positions" - I'd rather have 18 players in the squad who can only play in 1 position really well. (Knowing our luck it would be the same position)

Amen brudda.

Hate this one up front lark , 3 up for me.

Should be playing 4-3-3 at home and pushing them back so they are reliant on break aways.

It is us that are reliant on break aways and our form at home over the past 3 -4 years is woeful.

Last night it was very noticeable that when PV midfield players got the ball at the halfway line they had at least 3 or 4 players in front of them to play to.

When our mid players get the ball their is usually one or 2 if were lucky further up the field and the other 8 behind him.

All very predictable and gives the opposition time to organise defensively.

No wonder our crowds are 3000 ish at home now because entertainment value is poor.

Can't understand why we just don't go for it at home - win at least 50% of your home games like that and provide entertainment.

What we serve up at home is mainly on the dire side now and after 50 years my patience is virtually worn out watching this dross.

Ditto. If things don't change I doubt I'll see this season out. It'll be hard, but I'm fed up of feeling disappointed and disillusioned, it's not the money.

He couldn't hit a barn door for us and never would have, need to stop parping on about him like he is some huge loss.

no one in the team, bar montano, could plant a ball on his head or square a ball into the 6 yard box for him. Both things he needed and what we have provided this season.