League Tables at 22nd August

Bristolatic

Where The Subscription League Points Went:

Correct result W,L,DGravityGrave, stevesidg, Zorrro

Correct Half Time Score – Carl Waters, disjointed, LaticsChris, nzlatic, SAV, Stevie_J

Correct Full Time ScoreGravityGrave, stevesidg, Zorrro

Correct No of Latics Goals – 24hoursfromtulsehill, GravityGrave, laticdickovarmy, LaticsChris, rosa, SAV, stevesidg, Stevie_J, Zorrro

Correct No of Opposition Goals – aidan_latics, Bristolatic, Carl Waters, DavidCollinge, disjointed, Ex_pat, GravityGrave, HarryBosch, Latics_Fanatic, Laticsbiffo, lookersstandandy, milnrow latics, NewBlue, rudemedic, stevesidg, Zorrro

First Latics Scorer – Bristolatic

Within 100 of Attendance (3,963) – nzlatic (+88), Stevie_J (-72)

Within 10 of Attendance (3,963) – No points here

Correct Attendance (3,963) – Or here

GravityGrave and Stevie_J were this week’s big climbers, up 12 and 11 places respectively. The biggest fall was astottie. There were no predictions from Andy-latic, Kusunga-Is-God and warwickshire latics

15-08-2220SubPrem.jpg

15-08-2220SubChamp.jpg

Where The Free-to-Play League Points Went:

Correct result W,L,D – No one went for the draw

Correct Half Time Score opinions4u

Correct Full Time Score – Everyone thought we’d win

Correct No of Latics Goals – Oafc 1895

Correct No of Opposition Goalsmaddog, Lee Sinnott, josh_latics

First Latics Scorer – Kelly wasn’t predicted

Within 100 of Attendance (3,963)maddog (+83), opinions4u (+96), Lee Sinnott (+12)

Within 10 of Attendance (3,963) – Nope

Correct Attendance (3,963) – No, but keep trying

josh_latics joined in and scored his first point. opinions4u, who did so well last season, takes over at the top

15-08-2220F-t-P.jpg

Yes, I know the tables don't quite line up. Bloody Photobucket! Edit: It's OK now

The tables for after the Bury game will be a bit later next week as I'm going away for a few days.

Edited by Bristolatic

Far be it from a newbie like me to try and change things but - isn't it a bit unfair that 1 point is given for the correct number of Oldham, or opposition goals, whether it's a realistic 0,1 or 2 or a more unrealistic 4 or 5......?

When we score 4 on Saturday I'll get the same 1 point as some miserable bastard who predicted 0 at Colchester....

That ain't right....

Why not 1 pt per each correctly predicted goal next season?? (& 1 point for nil), i.e. if I correctly predict 4 I get 4 points....

Edited by HarryBosch

Far be it from a newbie like me to try and change things but - isn't it a bit unfair that 1 point is given for the correct number of Oldham, or opposition goals, whether it's a realistic 0,1 or 2 or a more unrealistic 4 or 5......?

When we score 4 on Saturday I'll get the same 1 point as some miserable bastard who predicted 0 at Colchester....

That ain't right....

Why not 1 pt per each correctly predicted goal next season?? (& 1 point for nil), i.e. if I correctly predict 4 I get 4 points....

what.gif

That ain't right....

Thinking about this for the Champions League competition - more rewards for a more adventurous brand of predicting.

That ain't right....

Oi, that's enough of that. Don't you think I've got enough to do? :deal: Honestly, some people. I'm beginning to think you're 24hours in disguise. :grin: This is obviously linked to the fact that your flying start is being slowly eaten away. This is the creme de la creme of the predicting world, despite what others may think. It's far too superior in quality to make changes. So there.

I've just noticed a potentially hilarious rule: if all else is tied, players will be ranked alphabetically. I'd love it - love it! - if I won on alphanumericals.

The way you're going, you've got more chance knitting fog. To have exactly the same result in all sections is so unlikely as to be not worth considering. I suppose some mathematical genius will work out the odds. And how many seasons has it taken you to spot that? Tch

The way you're going, you've got more chance knitting fog. To have exactly the same result in all sections is so unlikely as to be not worth considering. I suppose some mathematical genius will work out the odds. And how many seasons has it taken you to spot that? Tch

Stranger things have nearly happened. The biggest reason for the switch to Professionalism was the 24hours / Joe P final day drama. Helicopter Saturday could easily have ended with alphanumerics deciding the winner. As it was, I kept my cool and showed my Class, resulting in a decent margin of victory (poor old Joe P). The rest is History.