Snap Judgements

It was weird with Tarky. He made a fair few individual mistakes early on but I thought it was obvious he would cut them out, and he was otherwise :censored: hot from the off

I always thought Tarky was a good and classy defender, but he seemed to lack the pace required to really make it. Pleased for him that he is going well - picks up the odd point for my Fantasy Football team :-)

I never gave him flak at games, but I called Tarky out on here a few times. I thought he was too slow to be a League One defender, let alone a Premier League One.

The televised game at Preston changed my view. Probably one of the best individual performances I've seen from a Latics player...

It was weird with Tarky. He made a fair few individual mistakes early on but I thought it was obvious he would cut them out, and he was otherwise :censored: hot from the off

It was very weird. I remember being shot down by some for saying I thought he'd go on to play at the top level, with people arguing that he shouldn't even have been in our side.

There also seems to be an acceptance that some experienced lower league plodder on £1600 per week that we sign will always make mistakes & have flaws in his game - "he wouldn't be here if he wasn't :censored:/could finish/had pace/could tackle/could pass " etc - yet instant perfection is expected whenever a youngster on £300 makes the first team....

I never gave him flak at games, but I called Tarky out on here a few times. I thought he was too slow to be a League One defender, let alone a Premier League One.

The televised game at Preston changed my view. Probably one of the best individual performances I've seen from a Latics player...

I was the same with Tarkowski, I didn't think he was a bad player, but I do remember saying I'd rarely seen a slower player, after Glenn Murray (while playing for Brighton) gave him a 2 yard start and beat him over about 15 yards.

i can easily see why it happens, the players do themselves no help to avoid this situation when their general play at times is only slightly better than what you see on a sunday morning. the level of some players is frankly embarrassing in this league, but they usually get pro deals and get away with it because of outstanding physical attributes, like height, strength or pace/stamina. burgess and dunne are prime examples. there basic control + passing on their good foot is dubious never mind on their weaker foot. when you see burgess smash it out for a throw-in on more than one occasion under no pressure i dont think its too harsh to write them off immediately. those two aren't even near the worst ive seen either, lord kgangwa or whatever he was called and that lad from city ,plummer was it, we loaned a couple of years ago were so bad it was obvious they were out of their depth 30 mins into watching their debut's

I'm not having that! Better than JP Kalala at Goodison??? :shakeit:

I can only assume this is related to Ngoo. If it is, then while I haven't written the lad off for the reasons you give above, I am worried he could be the worst footballer I've ever seen simply due to his sheer inability to keep upright. I have never seen someone in a blue shirt literally struggle on their legs like he does. At one point, he got his head down and set off running and just completely fell over. I can only hope this is because he is trying too hard and Shez has a word with him to calm down a bit.

In the past, other players have been targeted for abuse for very little (and any abuse during a game is completely out of order whether a player is bad or not.) There are reasons why Ngoo is being mentioned in a poor light though. At present, he hasn't shown anything other than being on a lucky ticket to play football for a pro club. I hope he improves massively.

This thread is like a contempory Bambi script:

Thumper: He doesn't walk very good, does he?

Mrs Rabbit: Thumper, what did your father tell you this morning?

Thumper: If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all