Connor brown and James Tarkowski

Jesus : We've not even left August yet...

Well aware of that fact ta.

My post was in reply to one saying he was miles away from from being a POTY. I was poiting out, that as things stand, yep end of August as it is, he's out in the lead to date in terms of that. So, can be deemed to actually not be miles away no, as he's leading the polls. Thats not miles away, thats what i was posting...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To reply to the question, as Vega has suggested the point was this. Fitz Hall was an outstanding defender for us in probably our strongest side of recent vintage. He looked ever inch to me a player who would kick on and be a solid premier league centre half with aspirations to go further. Through a variety of factors he could not establish himself at that level despite having opportunities at a number of clubs.

To pull this back to Tarky, though he does have attributes that make him a decent league one defender, I cannot see how anybody on the performances he has given as a whole until this point in his career can say he will move definitively to a higher level. I hope he does for a number of reasons, the main one being it will confirm the quality of our coaching staff, as they will have developed him from a raw to accomplished talent....and that certainly bodes well for our future!

To reply to the question, as Vega has suggested the point was this. Fitz Hall was an outstanding defender for us in probably our strongest side of recent vintage. He looked ever inch to me a player who would kick on and be a solid premier league centre half with aspirations to go further. Through a variety of factors he could not establish himself at that level despite having opportunities at a number of clubs.

To pull this back to Tarky, though he does have attributes that make him a decent league one defender, I cannot see how anybody on the performances he has given as a whole until this point in his career can say he will move definitively to a higher level. I hope he does for a number of reasons, the main one being it will confirm the quality of our coaching staff, as they will have developed him from a raw to accomplished talent....and that certainly bodes well for our future!

Fitz came into a FB conversation with a Newcastle friend a day or so ago, said he was fairly dreadful for them in the second division. I just think he hadn't played enough football before going to the first division. I've pointed out before that," Rio," was making the same mistakes for Leeds after they paid 18m for him

With Tarky it was all about cutting out the glaring individual "Ive switched off" errors.

He's done that (cue inevitable howler on Saturday).

Additionally, he's returned to the passing game I saw him deliver in the yoofs. And on top of that he has improved his ability to shield, turn and clear.

Can't knock his progress. His future is most likely higher.

How far do you want to go back? Shall we say last 10 =12 years that TP has been here?

Off the top of my head and besides the 2 you mention, Neal Trotman (PNE when in the Championship) Tom Eaves (sold for £300K to Bolton) Scott Vernon (Aberdeen) Will Haining (Scots Prem) Mark Teirney (Norwich) Andy Hughes (Reading, Leeds etc in the Champ) Danny Philliskirk (Chelsea) , Scott Spencer (Everton) MICAH RICHARDS, Scott Vernon (Aberdeen) Tarky. We've also turned down £400K for Dave Mellor and Carl Winchester 2 years ago.

We're even cloaning players now, oh i'm only joking :-)

Tarky has been quality this season, one or two things to work on, but we've got a very decent player there, I like how he's filled out as well so he's not easily bullied off the ball.

One aspect of his game i'd like to see improve (and i'm well aware that he's a DEFENDer and not an ATTACKer, but he's had in the region of 3 or 4 (probs more tbh) chances in the 6 to 10 yard area where the balls been straight on his head and he's headed it miles over or wide. If he could convert some of these chances, we'd have a real top offensive weapon in our armoury there, that offers something different from set plays etc.

Edited by alex_balls

With Tarky it was all about cutting out the glaring individual "Ive switched off" errors.

He's done that (cue inevitable howler on Saturday).

Additionally, he's returned to the passing game I saw him deliver in the yoofs. And on top of that he has improved his ability to shield, turn and clear.

I take O4U's stance on Tarkowski, additionally his fitness levels have improved dramatically and his leadership qualities are coming to the fore.

Incidentally, does anyone know if he qualifies to play for Poland at under 21 level ?

Edited by BP1960

Out of interest is Fitz Hall still at Watford? Surely not getting played? Could he come back? #startinganotherexplayerrumour

Out of interest is Fitz Hall still at Watford? Surely not getting played? Could he come back? #startinganotherexplayerrumour

free agent, I was going to mention this yesterday but new id get hounded out by the 'ohhhh :censored:in hell another ex player' mob

I take O4U's stance on Tarkowski, additionally his fitness levels have improved dramatically and his leadership qualities are coming to the fore.

Incidentally, does anyone know if he qualifies to play for Poland at under 21 level ?

HIs. Grand was Polish so i would have though so.

• 2 weeks later...