F.A cup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get all this about fans not turning up to FA Cup matches or JPT matches. Personally I try and get to every match I can to support my team, whether it's a League match, a pre season friendly or a crappy Cup match like the Rose Bowl :P

Bet you don't recognise many in the queue in front of you when you're trying to get tickets for a big game. :wink:

I dont go to the FA cup games and I dont mind admiting it. I probably wouldnt go if it was free and the fact its full price dosent bother me at all. I just dont have any intrest in the FA cup / League Cup / JPT cup.... I do contrbute alot to oldham, more than my fair share, so im not going to feel guity about it...

Like a lot of people, you have to balance all your commitments in life. Things arent as black and white as BB80 seems to think they are.

I think the point has been missed....try again....

I personally think it's a s.h.i.t attitude to take when some say they're not bothered about paying to watch Donny next wk in the 1st round of the FA Cup. To me, anyone who is a ST holder or gets to most games and could do so again next Sat, but decides not to just coz it's Donny in FACR1 are practically kicking sand in TTA's faces......we wouldn't have the joy of being in the FA Cup 1st round if it weren't for them!!!

Get down to BP next Saturday FFS.....it is your duty as a Latics fan!!!

Lags it was BB80 that I was referring to saying that he thought I might be a boo boy, and yet interstingly on another thread BB80 calls Thompson "woefull" and "a poor, poor player." Not sure BB80 is not a moaner or boo boy from that.

Maybe my original comment about not going on Saturday was a bit flippant, but at the end of the day I have other things I like to do in life as well as follow Latics and Donny at home in round 1 is not an interesting fixture for me. Now had it been Rochdale.........................................

Did I call you that Cecere??? Did I really??? Or did I say......

"Maybe it'll be all those quick to boo and moan who'll not bother. Not saying you're one of them Cecere"

My....it touched a nerve???

No Cecere....my comments directly to you would be the ones about kicking sand in TTA's face....you completely missed that and instead go off with "look....he there...he called me a booboy..."

As for Thompson....my comments on him are extremely accurate and freely expressed on here....along with....

"I'd like Thompson to come back strong and show he has something"

But anyway, not sure why I've defended that comment when I never called you a booboy in the first place.....merely said I hope it's those that decide on Sat not to pay in are the ones who are only there to moan and boo in the first place! If you want to put yourself with them, that's up to you...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Maybe it'll be all those quick to boo and moan who'll not bother. Not saying you're one of them Cecere but in a funny, strange way I hope you are! We might have more chance of getting through with the moaners staying away...

Seems to me like you are suggesting to me that you hope I'm a moaner and you hope I stay away to me.

I'm not kicking sand in TTA face at all; I will be eternally greatfull that they saved our club and appreciate what they are trying to build. I have a season ticket, a replica shirt and a Latics world subscription, I think that represents a fair investment in the team I love. So having spent the best part of £400 already this season I'm saying that this game isn't settting me on fire in terms of turning out on Saturday. If I do decide at the last minute to go, I can assure you I will be singing and encouraging (certainly not booing or moaning) along with the best of 'em!

Seems to me like you are suggesting to me that you hope I'm a moaner and you hope I stay away to me.

I'm not kicking sand in TTA face at all; I will be eternally greatfull that they saved our club and appreciate what they are trying to build. I have a season ticket, a replica shirt and a Latics world subscription, I think that represents a fair investment in the team I love. So having spent the best part of £400 already this season I'm saying that this game isn't settting me on fire in terms of turning out on Saturday. If I do decide at the last minute to go, I can assure you I will be singing and encouraging (certainly not booing or moaning) along with the best of 'em!

Sounds to me that....you'll be there! And you ain't a boo-er....you're just frustrated at present and it's clouding your feeling about going to this game on Sat.....

Get there....you know it makes sense! And I know you'll most likely be there....but there are some that will be harbouring your feelings and won't end up being there....to them, I say that it's time to repay TTA a little.....it might be a wasted £20 or whatever....but my god, start totting up what TTA are losing and it's nowt in comparison! It's a duty for those who can be there, to get there....IMO :wink:

I think the point has been missed....try again....

I personally think it's a s.h.i.t attitude to take when some say they're not bothered about paying to watch Donny next wk in the 1st round of the FA Cup. To me, anyone who is a ST holder or gets to most games and could do so again next Sat, but decides not to just coz it's Donny in FACR1 are practically kicking sand in TTA's faces......we wouldn't have the joy of being in the FA Cup 1st round if it weren't for them!!!

Get down to BP next Saturday FFS.....it is your duty as a Latics fan!!!

Dont see how I missed the point there, im explaning why i dont go to FA cup games.

And as for my duty as a Latics fan??? Sorry mate but I dont think myself or any of us on here need lecturing off you about what we should and shouldnt be doing as latics fans. You really do seem to try to put yourself on a higher cloud than most latics fans. Some fans have to pick and choose there games due to money constraints and family commitments.....

As long as you make a resonable effort to go to as many game as you can then your good in my book.

Edited by oafc0000

Dont see how I missed the point there, im explaning why i dont go to FA cup games.

And as for my duty as a Latics fan??? Sorry mate but I dont think myself or any of us on here need lecturing off you about what we should and shouldnt be doing as latics fans. You really do seem to try to put yourself on a higher cloud than most latics fans. Some fans have to pick and choose there games due to money constraints and family commitments.....

As long as you make a resonable effort to go to as many game as you can then your good in my book.

No....again missed the point....not on any higher cloud either....

It ain't alright to say I ain't going coz it's Donny (this is the point being made!!!)....but I can shift all arrangements, magically afford it and would be there had it been some obscure 1st round tie (or some fantastic carrot in R3)! That's the point I'm making....hence....as I said....

"To me, anyone who is a ST holder or gets to most games and could do so again next Sat, but decides not to just coz it's Donny in FACR1 are practically kicking sand in TTA's faces"

Plain and simple!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I resent the fact that it's been sugested I'm a boo boy/moaner because I'm not, and I don't see why choosing not to attend a fixture suggests I am. We all support Latics in our different ways, not everyone on this board goes to every game, but some do. What's important is that our team is Oldham Athletic and not for instance Manchester United, and when we choose to attend a football match it's BP we go too.

Typical Ginger Whinger.....I bet he would go if we ended up playing Doncaster in the Final at Wembley.....

:wink:

We are probably better off without the fair weather supporters anyway

Everyone threatens to not go a game at some stage or another. I know I do. I did it with Northampton the other week and did the same prior to yesterday in regards to Saturdays game in the FA Cup. It has something partially to do with the fact home games bore me for many reasons - but everyone I tell it too knows full well I dont really mean it as come the Saturday Morning or Tuesday Night, you'll be making your way there.

Afterall. Whats the point in not going and then when the summer comes, moaning at the lack of football.

Typical Ginger Whinger.....I bet he would go if we ended up playing Doncaster in the Final at Wembley.....

:wink:

We are probably better off without the fair weather supporters anyway

Right that's the final straw, the old Skool Milnrow Blues have turned against me, I'm off to Old Trafford on Sunday now instead :grin:

Edited by ghostofcecere

..to them, I say that it's time to repay TTA a little.....it might be a wasted £20 or whatever....but my god, start totting up what TTA are losing and it's nowt in comparison! It's a duty for those who can be there, to get there....IMO :wink:

I'm not having a go, just wanted to point something out. TTA are losing money to gain a LOT in the long run if planning goes through. Which they are fully justified in doing- they deserve to gain after taking a huge risk. It's games like this with the excitement of the FA Cup (a national institution!) where they should be enticing people (at this stage in the competition) to go to and either rekindle their lost love for the club or entice a few new faces. I know it's been done before, but £20 is a bit steep for a match like this.

I'm not having a go, just wanted to point something out. TTA are losing money to gain a LOT in the long run if planning goes through. Which they are fully justified in doing- they deserve to gain after taking a huge risk. It's games like this with the excitement of the FA Cup (a national institution!) where they should be enticing people (at this stage in the competition) to go to and either rekindle their lost love for the club or entice a few new faces. I know it's been done before, but £20 is a bit steep for a match like this.

If we were playing a non-league club, no doubt the price would have been reduced. The trouble is that F.A. Cup pricing policy requires prices to be agreed by both clubs, with a view to the same prices being charged for any replay. Also both clubs get about a third of the receipts with the rest going into the F.A.'s pot to be shared out by all competing clubs after the Final.

If prices had been slashed to attract the 'lost love' people, after all deductions, it would hardly have paid the Policing bill for the game. Especially when you think how many officers will be on duty searching people in the hope of finding that drum. :wink: Everyone was searched at Blackpool with Police looking for Bloomfield Bear's missing boot, which had appeared in the pub before the game amidst jubilant scenes, third only to the Scunny and Tranny goals celebrations. :grin:

Those who have lost their love for league matches, but love the romance of the world's greatest cup competition, should be able to pay £20 out of the money saved from non-attendance. It's the ones who go regularly who feel the pinch most from additional games.

If we were playing a non-league club, no doubt the price would have been reduced. The trouble is that F.A. Cup pricing policy requires prices to be agreed by both clubs, with a view to the same prices being charged for any replay. Also both clubs get about a third of the receipts with the rest going into the F.A.'s pot to be shared out by all competing clubs after the Final.

If prices had been slashed to attract the 'lost love' people, after all deductions, it would hardly have paid the Policing bill for the game. Especially when you think how many officers will be on duty searching people in the hope of finding that drum. :wink: Everyone was searched at Blackpool with Police looking for Bloomfield Bear's missing boot, which had appeared in the pub before the game amidst jubilant scenes, third only to the Scunny and Tranny goals celebrations. :grin:

Those who have lost their love for league matches, but love the romance of the world's greatest cup competition, should be able to pay £20 out of the money saved from non-attendance. It's the ones who go regularly who feel the pinch most from additional games.

^_^

True. I just know with that price, attendance will be poor. Forgot about the FA's share.

Just be grateful that buying a cup ticket isn't compulsory when you hold a season ticket for some clubs. I believe that at Manchester United and other Champions league Competitors, You are required to purchase Cup tickets, although not all of the competitions. It is a condition of you getting a season ticket I have been told. If I am wrong I am sure one of you will put me right!!! I will be going to BP on Satdi against Donny. Woe betide any one sat in my seat because I don't usually look before sitting down. Some poor sods going to be in danger of being crushed (I do like Pies).