F.A cup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that the club have dropped a ball on the seat reservation system...apparently if tickets are bought in advance then the seats will be reserved, but if bought on the day then fans must find unreserved seating.

Previously, it's just been a free-for-all on cup games, which although annoying for ST holders who found themselves displaced, still meant everyone knew where they could and couldn't sit. I can imagine a scenario unfolding now in which some seats saying 'reserved' are reserved and some aren't (as ST holders haven't bought their ticket)...leading to non-ST holders looking for unreserved seats being repeatedly displaced.

Obviously not a major issue, but if the club want to satisfy disgruntled ST holders who want their own seat for the game, just make all the reserved seats actually reserved and anyone paying on the day has to find a seat without a sticker on it, just like they normally would.

It seems to me that the club have dropped a ball on the seat reservation system...apparently if tickets are bought in advance then the seats will be reserved, but if bought on the day then fans must find unreserved seating.

Previously, it's just been a free-for-all on cup games, which although annoying for ST holders who found themselves displaced, still meant everyone knew where they could and couldn't sit. I can imagine a scenario unfolding now in which some seats saying 'reserved' are reserved and some aren't (as ST holders haven't bought their ticket)...leading to non-ST holders looking for unreserved seats being repeatedly displaced.

Obviously not a major issue, but if the club want to satisfy disgruntled ST holders who want their own seat for the game, just make all the reserved seats actually reserved and anyone paying on the day has to find a seat without a sticker on it, just like they normally would.

My ST seat doesn't even have a reserved sticker on it!

Not really interested in playing teams from our division. A non-league side would have tepmted me, but at full league prices I'm not going to bother. So anyone interested can have my ST seat in the Lookers Upper :grin:

Interesting...I'll be there...shouting on my team...at all costs....in the hope of that non-league side in the 2nd round IF we can make it through. Then that money-spinner in round 3.....

Maybe it'll be all those quick to boo and moan who'll not bother. Not saying you're one of them Cecere but in a funny, strange way I hope you are! We might have more chance of getting through with the moaners staying away...and then getting that non-league side in Round 2, and then the grumbles start when we struggle against them......be oh so ironic! :grin:

Interesting...I'll be there...shouting on my team...at all costs....in the hope of that non-league side in the 2nd round IF we can make it through. Then that money-spinner in round 3.....

Maybe it'll be all those quick to boo and moan who'll not bother. Not saying you're one of them Cecere but in a funny, strange way I hope you are! We might have more chance of getting through with the moaners staying away...and then getting that non-league side in Round 2, and then the grumbles start when we struggle against them......be oh so ironic! :grin:

Wonder if a voucher will be issued to those who attend in readiness for the scarce tickets later in the competition. :wink:

so to recap............

can i buy a ticket for MY seat this week?

or is it simply a free for all on the day?

If you have a ST, you can buy a ticket for YOUR seat up to Friday and then hope that others respect the Club's request not to sit in that seat.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1156676,00.html

Not really interested in playing teams from our division. A non-league side would have tepmted me, but at full league prices I'm not going to bother.

Not having a go at ghostofcecere, but I'm just taking this opportunity to have a bit of a rant.

It's a fact of life that following Latics requires a financial input to avoid the Club going into Administration again. TTA do their bit and we have to do ours. Whether they can afford their bit more comfortably that we can, on average, is debateable and cannot be proved. At the moment they're subsidising those Oldhamers/exiles who could go to BP but don't (as distinct from those who can't go for many reasons). TTA say they will continue to do that in the hope of reaping financial rewards when BP has been redeveloped.

That hinges on the grant of planning permission, which brings me once again to the Planning Committee meeting on 14th November at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre. It may well be boring to keep reading about TTA's request for a show of support in the form of 300 fans wearing Club colours but, from talking to people, I still get the impression that most can't be arsed to attend. It's their prerogative, but I'm damned if I'll leave myself open to the accusation of not bringing it to people's attention on a regular basis as a reminder.

Imagine how you would feel if, like TTA, you kept asking someone, for whom you do a great deal, to give you moral support over one particular issue and they kept ignoring you. Disheartened? To put it mildly!

There are a lot of disheartened Latics' fans at the moment - let's hope TTA don't become three more.

It's not a problem, If someone is sat in my seat I'll just ask them to move and explain why.... no big deal.

And whats all this talk about ST holders not ging to a cup game at home? I thought it was the big time Charlies like Bolton who don't go to cup games cos the premeir is the only place to be and ManUre who crib about having to buy a ticket. Get behind TTA people FFS cos the council don't nor do the players at the mo.

Spot on Lags and DS.....I personally think it's a s.h.i.t attitude to take when some say they're not bothered about paying to watch Donny next wk in the 1st round of the FA Cup. To me, anyone who is a ST holder or gets to most games and could do so again next Sat, but decides not to just coz it's Donny in FACR1 are practically kicking sand in TTA's faces......we wouldn't have the joy of being in the FA Cup 1st round if it weren't for them!!!

Get down to BP next Saturday FFS.....it is your duty as a Latics fan!!!

Well I feel that I have put more than my fair share into the club over the years. And just to clarify I didn't go to the FA cup games last season when things were going well either. I have never been to A JPT game ever, even when we got the Northerm Final against Wrexham. And I've not been to a League cup game in recent years as frankly I think this competition has been totally devalued now.

My point is that the interest I have in the F.A. Cup is to see something different, like lets say a non-league club at home, or say Shrewsbury away to see the new stadium. Doncaster at home is not an attractive fixture for me so I will choose not to go (that's not say I won't get up on Saturday morning and change my mind though!). I've been to 72 ground watching Latics and some places I choose not to go to again (like the Withdean for instance) as I've been so many times (Vale Park) before. Just because I choose to do this does not make me less of a Latics fan than anyone else.

I resent the fact that it's been sugested I'm a boo boy/moaner because I'm not, and I don't see why choosing not to attend a fixture suggests I am. We all support Latics in our different ways, not everyone on this board goes to every game, but some do. What's important is that our team is Oldham Athletic and not for instance Manchester United, and when we choose to attend a football match it's BP we go too.

I dont go to the FA cup games and I dont mind admiting it. I probably wouldnt go if it was free and the fact its full price dosent bother me at all. I just dont have any intrest in the FA cup / League Cup / JPT cup.... I do contrbute alot to oldham, more than my fair share, so im not going to feel guity about it...

Like a lot of people, you have to balance all your commitments in life. Things arent as black and white as BB80 seems to think they are.

Edited by oafc0000

I never hinted you were a boo boy or a lesser supporter of Latics than anyone, especially myself. I've not recalled anyone else saying that. With the crowds dwindling at an alarming rate currently I just feel that sooner or later each punch of disappointment will send our three friends and benefactors running one day. Now that alarms me!

This is the FA Cup we're taking about, the greatest cup comp in the entire world. Yes the big time charlies have devalued it cos the premeir is all they see, but I'll see hell freeze over before the rest see it that way. The last fantastic moment for us tics the FA Cup unearthed was watching Vernon run wagging his finger down the length of the Citeh fans,,,, remember that feeling?

I never hinted you were a boo boy or a lesser supporter of Latics than anyone, especially myself. I've not recalled anyone else saying that. With the crowds dwindling at an alarming rate currently I just feel that sooner or later each punch of disappointment will send our three friends and benefactors running one day. Now that alarms me!

This is the FA Cup we're taking about, the greatest cup comp in the entire world. Yes the big time charlies have devalued it cos the premeir is all they see, but I'll see hell freeze over before the rest see it that way. The last fantastic moment for us tics the FA Cup unearthed was watching Vernon run wagging his finger down the length of the Citeh fans,,,, remember that feeling?

Well said!

The Cups are where instant heroes are made. Try telling the people of Chasetown that the F.A. Cup is not worth bothering about. If you had to explain to a Martian what football excitement is all about, I bet you would describe great moments from Cup history to illustrate your point. On Saturday night in London I was talking to complete strangers and as soon as Oldham was mentioned, a guy said who was that player who scored the six goals? I knew he didn't mean Bert Lister against Southport in the League on Boxing Day 1962! :grin:

Lags it was BB80 that I was referring to saying that he thought I might be a boo boy, and yet interstingly on another thread BB80 calls Thompson "woefull" and "a poor, poor player." Not sure BB80 is not a moaner or boo boy from that.

Maybe my original comment about not going on Saturday was a bit flippant, but at the end of the day I have other things I like to do in life as well as follow Latics and Donny at home in round 1 is not an interesting fixture for me. Now had it been Rochdale.........................................

Maybe my original comment about not going on Saturday was a bit flippant, but at the end of the day I have other things I like to do in life as well as follow Latics and Donny at home in round 1 is not an interesting fixture for me. Now had it been Rochdale.........................................

We've already played Rochdale in a cup competition in which we always get to the 'Final' - the rarely wrong Oldham Chronicle & and never read Rochdale Observer Rose Bowl.