The two saves that Crossley made were saves that you would expect any keeper to save. I think that peoples expectations have fallen so far, that bread and butter saves are classed as match-saving. As for the two that hit the crossbar, I only really got a good view of the one in front of the chaddy. The shot was nothing special and Crossley just watched it hit the crossbar, he totally misjudged it - he was very lucky. There was another shot which was straight at Crossley, but he decided to parry it over the bar for no obvious reason. His kicking was in the main, very very poor. I can't believe that Shez has done nothing to replace this guy. The guy is an absoulte liability. I honestly believe that he has cost us ten points this season. Crossley out.

The two saves that Crossley made were saves that you would expect any keeper to save. I think that peoples expectations have fallen so far, that bread and butter saves are classed as match-saving. As for the two that hit the crossbar, I only really got a good view of the one in front of the chaddy. The shot was nothing special and Crossley just watched it hit the crossbar, he totally misjudged it - he was very lucky. There was another shot which was straight at Crossley, but he decided to parry it over the bar for no obvious reason. His kicking was in the main, very very poor. I can't believe that Shez has done nothing to replace this guy. The guy is an absoulte liability. I honestly believe that he has cost us ten points this season. Crossley out.

Complete :censored: in my opinion....

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Who's next????

Edited by SAV

Yet his goals conceded column doesn't look bad! weird isn't it? The thing is Sheridan can't go around saying he got loads of signings wrong, he's already admitted (by their loan out and omission's) he was wrong about Ricketts, Kalala and Thompson (Thonpson was already out before his Op) whilst, our best run as seen Gregan sidelined.

It all kinda reminds me about Bobby Robson's world cup campaign when his hand was forced to change his side that went on to come so close when finally beaten by Germany against run of play.

An example of criticism for the sake of criticism.

1) was the goal his fault yesterday or on tuesday?

2) have we conceded many

Yes I do have little faith in his ability but we have probably got the best defence we have had in years. It could be that he can organise the defence better than other keepers?

If you want to criticise someone at least have a point the attack have missed how many shots now?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

An example of criticism for the sake of criticism.

1) was the goal his fault yesterday or on tuesday?

2) have we conceded many

Yes he might not have been at fault for the goals but lets be fair who really is confident he will save ANY effort on goal. For me the second time they hit the bar at the RRE summed up Crossley - clueless. He raised his hands as if to say it was easily over then all of a sudden bang off the bar and he didnt know what had happened. Think he tends to camera save to much also couple of easy catches were parried over for no reason creating more pressure. Maybe he can organise the defense but I think thats down to Eardley holding a line and to be honest we looked a bit shaky at the back at times yesterday. Bertrand has maybe not benefited from not playing for a couple of games and just didnt seem himself, Stam misjudged a lot of headers but his work on the ground was excellent whereas it was vice versa for Trotman Excellent in air his touch was bad. Think Allott was excellent and Kilkenny absolutely ran the show Taylor was there in glimpses and Mcdonald only showed up to assist the goal and miss the sitter in the dying seconds ( costing me £25 may I add). Overall one of the best games Ive seen and under the conditions we were excellent just a few minor mistakes and missed opportunities. Saying that 2 points from 2 home games is hardly promotion material.

"There was another shot which was straight at Crossley, but he decided to parry it over the bar for no obvious reason. "

Maybe it was something to do with a very wet and slippery ball flying at speed towards him. It did the right thing in parrying it to safety instead of trying to catch it and possibly gift Doncaster a goal. He played well yesterday and if it wasnt for two or three very good saves (combined with a lack of finishing up front) we would have lost.

This is getting very tedious now indeed ... why do some people feel the need that the team MUST have someone to blame when we dont win .... Geesh if people spent more time encouraging players and less time moaning constantly on here then BP wouldnt be such a graveyard these days.

And Slums ... how actually do you want MC replaced? With what money? There isnt any available really at the min .... The windows open in what ... 2/3 weeks ... geesh dont start moaning about replacing him before Shez can wheel and deal .. Beresford was only brough in as an emergency loan really .. be patient, who knows what will happen in Jan.

Edited by kellys_discopants

This is getting very tedious now indeed ... why do some people feel the need that the team MUST have someone to blame when we dont win .... Geesh if people spent more time encouraging players and less time moaning constantly on here then BP wouldnt be such a graveyard these days.

And Slums ... how actually do you want MC replaced? With what money? There isnt any available really at the min .... The windows open in what ... 2/3 weeks ... geesh dont start moaning about replacing him before Shez can wheel and deal .. Beresford was only brough in as an emergency loan really .. be patient, who knows what will happen in Jan.

I don't think anyone is blaming crossley. I do think there is nothingwrong with going over his performance. Yeshe made some crucial saves. However, I do remember 1 incident in particular which scared the living daylights out of me. In the 1st half a cross came over and instead of catching it he parried it into the path of an oncoming stike who luckily shot straight into crossleys hands while he was on the floor--very lucky.

I don't think anyone is blaming crossley. I do think there is nothingwrong with going over his performance. Yeshe made some crucial saves. However, I do remember 1 incident in particular which scared the living daylights out of me. In the 1st half a cross came over and instead of catching it he parried it into the path of an oncoming stike who luckily shot straight into crossleys hands while he was on the floor--very lucky.

Ofcourse people are .. the many threads and posts about him give thay away .. aswell as the Crossley out at the end of the first post in here ... kinda gives the impression people are blaming him dontcha think!

What ten points were these?

We've lost points when Crossley's played to...

Carlisle (a) - penalty, not his fault

Bristol Rovers (h) - maybe should have caught the cross - ONE POINT

Hartlepool (a) - We got hammered, there's nothing he could have done about it

Southend (h) - Good finish from Leon

Leeds (h) - not his fault

Cheltenham (a) - penalty, and he was injured!

Vale (h) - great strike, not his fault

Luton (h) - poor marking, not his fault

Donny (h) - penalty

So on my watch, he's been responsible for us dropping one point. Not bad at all. A cursory glance and quick mental arithmetic at the table on the BBC website says we have the 6th best defence in the league.

Maybe it's the problems at the other end of the pitch that are responsible for us being 17th.

Personally I was a little worried when he first played as he was rooted to his line. However yesterday I don't think he did a lot wrong and maybe two good saves - I think he made them look easy but one on ones rarely are - they don't have to be spectacular to be good saves.

We don't need scapegoats we need to get behind the people with the shirt. Attendances are down which means the moans sound louder, we need to cut it out and support them, mistakes are not made on purpose and I don't think that anyone can fault the current commitment including Crossley's who has played when he shouldnt(ie when injured and we had no real cover).

KTF and the goals and results will come playing as we are

I was kinda expecting a Crossley post from yesterdays game, and suprise surprise there was, and I could have predicted it'd have come from Slurms too.

I don't by any stretch of the imagination think he's a brilliant keeper. He was pretty good a few years ago which explains a near-on 20 year career in the top flight. But he's still a decent choice and although not in prime condition he contributed yesterday where we really should have had all 3 points. They may have look unspectacular and perhaps they were 'bread and butter' saves but with rain lashing down with a slippery ball they were good saves which kept us in it.

I can certainly understand it if Norm had frittered us away quite a few points but in reality he hasn't. Our bad finishing all season is the sole reason we're down there. We're keeping goals out, creating chances but not being ruthless enough.

FINAL SCORE:

Oldham Athletic 1 Doncaster Rovers 1

FFS, The guy SAVED 2 goal bound shots which if he hadn't done this, DONCASTER would have f*cking scored!!!! Meaning we would have lost. THEREFORE, BY SHEER DEFINITION THEY WERE MATCH WINNING SAVES!

FINAL SCORE:

Oldham Athletic 1 Doncaster Rovers 1

FFS, The guy SAVED 2 goal bound shots which if he hadn't done this, DONCASTER would have f*cking scored!!!! Meaning we would have lost. THEREFORE, BY SHEER DEFINITION THEY WERE MATCH WINNING SAVES!

Putting words in a BIG font doesn't make them any more true. It just makes you look like that you need special attention. Using this logic, a goalkeeper should be expected to save absolutely nothing and even shots straight at him should be let in, after all, by your argument, anything else is a bonus. Thats clearly ridiculous.

Thats clearly ridiculous.

As ridiculous as your suggestion that Crossley has cost us 10 points this year? I noticed you didn't reply to that, but don't let the facts get in the way of your unnecessary and unjustified need to find a scapegoat.

Edited by jsslatic

As ridiculous as your suggestion that Crossley has cost us 10 points this year? I noticed you didn't reply to that, but don't let the facts get in the way of your unnecessary and unjustified need to find a scapegoat.

I didn't think your post was worth individually replying to due its highly subjective nature and I do not have access to Laticsworld and cannot review each goal. However, I will reply. In recent memory, he clearly should have got the one against Luton. I also remember him being beat at the near post with a ridiculously poor shot earlier in the season. Considering the years of experience he has, his kicking is terrible and is worse than Pogs'. The fact that he only conceded one yesterday was sheer luck. It is obvious though that he's clearly out of his depth and the defenders have no confidence in him at all which results in unncessary pressure being placed on the whole team. The proof in my point is that I've not come seen Crossley this season perform better than the opposing keeper once all season. Can you say that he has in all honesty??? I didn't think so. Its a sad state of affairs that the majority of people would have prefferred Luton's third choice keeper than Crossley. Thank --- that shez has only signed him for one year, unlike some other expensive mistakes.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

I don't have the time or care that much to sift through videos on LaticsWorld and watch all the goals we've conceded, I've commented by looking at the fixture list and a tool I like to call my memory.

I don't think it was Crossley's fault against Luton and judging from the comments on the thread related to that goal I'm in the majority. Like you said it's subjective and if you think differently then fine, but if you're going to make a subjective statement yourself, that Crossley has been responsible for us losing 10 points this season, then try and back it up. I'm bemused as to how you 'honestly believe that he has cost us ten points this season' yet clearly can't remember the goals that he has actually conceded. It seems to me that you haven't thought about it at all and have just decided that he's useless and Shez should get rid.

It amazes me how despite the fact that our defensive record this year is excellent (6th best in the league), some people still find a need to whinge about the back line.

Crossley struggled at the start of the season but since he's come back he's played well and deserves his place in the team. Lay off.

Don't think Crossley is that bad and certainly don't think he has earnt the criticism he is getting, that is just my opinion and I appreciate everyone has the right to voice theirs. But booing him during the match - wtf do people think THAT is going to achieve? Would you rather see him say sorry to the fans, walk off the pitch and be replaced by a complete rookie. I was well annoyed with the boo-boys, the same people that applauded his saves int he 2nd half. Again I realise not everyone thinks the same thank god but just think about it before you start booing the people representing your beloved club.

Considering the years of experience he has, his kicking is terrible and is worse than Pogs'.

This is the point where you just can't be taken seriously o'voice of reason.

To say he should definitely had stopped the Luton goal just sums up how ridiculous you sound. The goal came from two mistakes: (i) by someone, presumably Hughes, in our back line for playing him onside and (i) Davies missing his header in the box. Don't even TRY to make it sound like it was all Crossley's fault just to add justification into your argument.

You go on about someone making a subjective comment when your posts are riddled with conjecture and hypocrisies. Get a grip.

Don't think Crossley is that bad and certainly don't think he has earnt the criticism he is getting, that is just my opinion and I appreciate everyone has the right to voice theirs. But booing him during the match - wtf do people think THAT is going to achieve? Would you rather see him say sorry to the fans, walk off the pitch and be replaced by a complete rookie. I was well annoyed with the boo-boys, the same people that applauded his saves int he 2nd half. Again I realise not everyone thinks the same thank god but just think about it before you start booing the people representing your beloved club.

leevzy at least you dont have to sit in front of those two every week thought our kid was gonna smack em he was gettin that wound up was more bothered about my daughter at the time other wise would of joined you you seemed to have had an effectas they quitened down after that well done !