DIE RICKETTS DIE?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful that so many were singing it are we really supported by that many idiots. Fair play to Ricketts played well and didn't celebrate and then he gets that abuse. Embarassed with the fans tbh and all that fighting because people applauded Ricketts,:censored:ing Disgrace !

Seriously, why would anybody sing that to any player, OK i didnt like the guy and his goal was a big factor in the game, but to sing that was a tad out of order!

Ooh what a day!

Looking at Ricketts performance today, first of all it was a great finish, secondly when he got the ball to feet or to chest he did something with it, and his curling effort near the end that hit the post was superb. He showed today that if people get behind him and play the ball where he can do something with it, he will put the effort in. He still didn't dart about like Paul Warne and cover every blade, but he did his job. Made me laugh all the people round me saying 'he never did this when he was with us', which was probably due to the poor quality of service when he was with us and the fans being on his back from the first minute of every game.

Disgraceful that so many were singing it are we really supported by that many idiots. Fair play to Ricketts played well and didn't celebrate and then he gets that abuse. Embarassed with the fans tbh and all that fighting because people applauded Ricketts,:censored:ing Disgrace !

Ricketts scored but was very very poor. Lazy and everything he was with us. If he leaves then today's loss will be worthwhile.

Looking at Ricketts performance today, first of all it was a great finish, secondly when he got the ball to feet or to chest he did something with it, and his curling effort near the end that hit the post was superb. He showed today that if people get behind him and play the ball where he can do something with it, he will put the effort in. He still didn't dart about like Paul Warne and cover every blade, but he did his job. Made me laugh all the people round me saying 'he never did this when he was with us', which was probably due to the poor quality of service when he was with us and the fans being on his back from the first minute of every game.

He did one thing the whole match, score a goal when Eardley and Trotters were out of position, apart from that he barely touched the ball.

Ricketts scored but was very very poor. Lazy and everything he was with us. If he leaves then today's loss will be worthwhile.

Lol, when we played to Ricketts strengths he played well for us, when we hit percentage balls into the corners for him to chase he did nothing. Same as he did for Walsall today, when they got it to his feet or chest he held it up and brought others in. Too many of our fans value mindless chasing and running round like a headless chicken over actual ability. Ricketts would have been good for us if we had actually given him any sort of service.

Lol, when we played to Ricketts strengths he played well for us, when we hit percentage balls into the corners for him to chase he did nothing. Same as he did for Walsall today, when they got it to his feet or chest he held it up and brought others in. Too many of our fans value mindless chasing and running round like a headless chicken over actual ability. Ricketts would have been good for us if we had actually given him any sort of service.

:lol:

He did one thing the whole match, score a goal when Eardley and Trotters were out of position, apart from that he barely touched the ball.

Barely touched the BALL ??? did you watch the same game? He linked up play for their midfield to come onto the ball and layed off some nice touches for their left winger.... Granted he didnt have a great game but his positioning was ok and beat STAM to 60% of the balls they competed for and lucky for us Trotts beat MR to 90% ofg the balls they competed for.

Ricketts will not be back at BP has a TIC ... FACT but agree that we will not be a promotion pushing team if our subs are Wolfy and Smalley .. They are ok to bring on to defend a lead by taking the balls into the corners and chasing down the opps defence but they will not change games and help us win games when they get brought on for the last 10-15 mins.

MR is no-longer an Oldham Player !!

Davies is down at the moment.. this is were we need Shez to get the best out of him again and a Captain on the pitch to jeer him up before the idiots in the stand just jeer/abuse him !

Awwww he's down? What a shame. I'd be down too if I had to play in those conditions for a mere £xxxx. Poor sod.

He couldn't be @rsed, simple as.

CHRLY

E4e

Barely touched the BALL ??? did you watch the same game? He linked up play for their midfield to come onto the ball and layed off some nice touches for their left winger.... Granted he didnt have a great game but his positioning was ok and beat STAM to 60% of the balls they competed for and lucky for us Trotts beat MR to 90% ofg the balls they competed for.

Ricketts will not be back at BP has a TIC ... FACT but agree that we will not be a promotion pushing team if our subs are Wolfy and Smalley .. They are ok to bring on to defend a lead by taking the balls into the corners and chasing down the opps defence but they will not change games and help us win games when they get brought on for the last 10-15 mins.

MR is no-longer an Oldham Player !!

Finally someone who saw the game I did. So many prejudged Ricketts before he kicked a ball for us (Coco lol), he never had a chance. Earlier in the season the service to the strikers was terrible and the link between the strikers and midfield was non existent. Gary Mac has helped change this a little, but we still play too many percentage balls which was never going to suit a player like Ricketts who isn't going to chase nothing balls all day. Walsall got men near Ricketts when the ball went upto him (and they tried to find FEET) so that he could use it and bring others in. When he was with us, nobody was anywhere near him for him to have any chance of making something happen. I notice they made this point on MOTD the other day about how Chelsea play with Drogba up front alone but with plenty of players moving close around him for flicks and knock downs and lay off etc. We never utilized Rciketts obvious hold up ability.

Awwww he's down? What a shame. I'd be down too if I had to play in those conditions for a mere £xxxx. Poor sod.

He couldn't be @rsed, simple as.

CHRLY

E4e

Well said sir,and Ricketts DID what he is payed to do

Finally someone who saw the game I did. So many prejudged Ricketts before he kicked a ball for us (Coco lol), he never had a chance. Earlier in the season the service to the strikers was terrible and the link between the strikers and midfield was non existent. Gary Mac has helped change this a little, but we still play too many percentage balls which was never going to suit a player like Ricketts who isn't going to chase nothing balls all day. Walsall got men near Ricketts when the ball went upto him (and they tried to find FEET) so that he could use it and bring others in. When he was with us, nobody was anywhere near him for him to have any chance of making something happen. I notice they made this point on MOTD the other day about how Chelsea play with Drogba up front alone but with plenty of players moving close around him for flicks and knock downs and lay off etc. We never utilized Ricketts obvious hold up ability.

Gald I'm not on my own on those cold wet terraces :wink:

He likes to invited his midfield players into the game and his footballing brain is one of the best in our league anyway ... IMO Ricketts, hughes upfront would have been a treat with Davies just behind playing in a anchor man role servicing from the left and right swapping with Taylor at times.

Footballing brain :lol:

The old ones are the best, I was hoping that would make an appearance in this thread.

Obviously it was just pure luck that he got an England call up and played at the highest level. That was all a fluke. he did a great job tricking some of the best coaches in the country into thinking he was good, you know it all though.

Obviously it was just pure luck that he got an England call up and played at the highest level. That was all a fluke. he did a great job tricking some of the best coaches in the country into thinking he was good, you know it all though.

Those 20 goals in 5 years proves what a cracking player he is.

Footballing brain :lol:

The old ones are the best, I was hoping that would make an appearance in this thread.

At least you know how to make yourself look foolish again Coco

Do you know what a players Characteristics are when they have been described by such ex-players with no idea like Pele, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Robson as Players with a great Footballing Brain ?

But back on Topic .. Die Ricketts Die ... everyone who shouted that !!! :disappointed:

Where has the humour gone in these chants - die Ricketts die, how long did it take to think that one up and why did anyone follow it.

Maybe we need to start getting behind our own team, the fans as well as the team were crap from the outset today.

I sit in the lookers to and whilst am the worst at getting frustrated cringe when I hear the boos and some of the comments

We need to back the side and make it look like we are backing our club not sitting there waiting for mistakes to happen so we can moan. We are Div 3, the football, the players, refs etc are all 3rd division. However our support at home is far worse than that.

PS no matter how much money you are on, would you really want to stay and play for tics, maybe we have to look at the fans for the decisions Porter and Wellens and many others have made. When we are good we are good,but all too often we are not. We should all be together supporting teh club and its ambitions. Recent events could have spelled the end for the club, now we have a chance to help the rebuilding of it. Crap chants and booing of our own players will not let that happen

Rant over - apologies for going on

Those 20 goals in 5 years proves what a cracking player he is.

Sorry did you mean 11 league goals in 4 years prior to joining us? Not good but preferable to Davies' 8 in the same period. Bet you rate Davies highly though - you have seen him kick the ball in the net!!!!

I conclude you are a footy 'fan' who judges a player solely on how many times he scores, like a kid or a woman does. Whatever makes you happy but im surprised your kind takes time to post on messageboards. You either know very very little about the game or are hugely biased, and maybe a touch racist....

What did Sven see in him???