Kilkenny transfer - fee accepted, contract in the air

Text from club - Birmingham have accepted an offer from us for Kilkenny, but he has not responded to the contract offer. Mixture of good and bad - if he was interested, you'd think we'd be at least negotiating, and the fact that the club have announced that negotiations haven't started doesn't fill me with hope.

Text from club - Birmingham have accepted an offer from us for Kilkenny, but he has not responded to the contract offer. Mixture of good and bad - if he was interested, you'd think we'd be at least negotiating, and the fact that the club have announced that negotiations haven't started doesn't fill me with hope.

So there is an offer from us and it seems one from Doncaster. Well I can see where this one is going.

<_<

Guest oa_exile
So there is an offer from us and it seems one from Doncaster. Well I can see where this one is going.

<_<

Dont shoot me as i am only the messenger BUT i was told on Saturday that we had tabled a £450K offer for KK , i of course laughed that we dont have 450p to spend on players.

Even our share of the gate receipts from the Everton game would not raise £450K.

Dont shoot me as i am only the messenger BUT i was told on Saturday that we had tabled a £450K offer for KK , i of course laughed that we dont have 450p to spend on players.

Even our share of the gate receipts from the Everton game would not raise £450K.

I meant wages wise :)

And if we did have that sort of cash I'd hope we'd spend it much more wisely too!

Following the successful vote I could believe that TTA would splash the cash just once for a high-quality player.

Richard Chaplow of WBA is the midfielder Latics need, doubt if they can afford his wages though.

I would bring in the speedy WBA left winger McDonad too, he wouldn't be too costly.

Guest oa_exile
Following the successful vote I could believe that TTA would splash the cash just once for a high-quality player.

Agree that is why we wont be signing KK then :grin:

Richard Chaplow of WBA is the midfielder Latics need, doubt if they can afford his wages though.

I would bring in the speedy WBA left winger McDonad too, he wouldn't be too costly.

Chaplow would be immense but I doubt he'd drop down a level and Sherjill MacDonald is on loan to them from a Dutch club.

Chaplow would be immense but I doubt he'd drop down a level and Sherjill MacDonald is on loan to them from a Dutch club.

Chaplow is a local lad, he might fancy a move back to the north, he is not getting a game at WBA so could be intersted in regular football.

Loans can be re- arranged. I remember Chesterfield doing it with a foreign player, Novaks I think.

Edited by BP1960

Yeah, I think loans can be re-arranged, but I'm not sure if either MacDonald or Anderlecht would see a regular place at Oldham as a better prospect (or shop window) than sub appearances at the Championship's leading club. Maybe I'm just overly negative, though.

According to the OS negotiations on personal terms have been on going to two weeks...

The OS says the transfer fee was accepted 2 weeks ago by Brum and that negs had been ongoing ever since. The deal on offer would make NK the highest paid player at the club but as yet no sign of pen to paper. It goes on to say that Donny also have had a offer accepted by Brum. Now from my experience down the years the club putting this statement out into the public domain means they fear he will be offski and want the supporters to know they've pushed the boat out to capture him and NK has himself decided against staying. My never say never attitude says they want the fans tomorrow to try persuade NK for perhaps the last time chance to join us. If NK doesn't join us then the club have on two occasions helped to boost NK playing career and that will be plenty enough.

The fact this has been going on for a couple of weeks certainly helps to explain why his head isn't 100% on playing football. He's probably being pushed in all kinds of directions by the club, his agent, other suitors etc. And it's a crucial decision for him. And on top of that, he's having to realise it could be quite a while before he plays in the Premiership again.

If we sign him then great - hopefully his form will return and he'll drive us forward. If he doesn't, then good luck to him wherever he goes, and we'll concentrate on finding a replacement.

Well put. We've given him something and he's given a bit back.

Can only see one winner in this though...

Why should we have to convince him he should already know that he is wanted here and if it was me the lure of Regular First Team Football and being the highest paid player at the club would be incentive enough. He is obviously only interested in the Money just like Greedy Mr Big Balls over the pennines.

Said once today and I will say it again if he wants to go for the money and doesn't want to play for us then fine, but don't play him tomorrow. Im sure one of the stiffs who would die to play for the club and show passion and fight tomorrow would welcome the chance.

Chance's are anyway he will be hungover from his marathon booze up tonight.

Edited by amoweb

The fact this has been going on for a couple of weeks certainly helps to explain why his head isn't 100% on playing football. He's probably being pushed in all kinds of directions by the club, his agent, other suitors etc. And it's a crucial decision for him. And on top of that, he's having to realise it could be quite a while before he plays in the Premiership again.

If we sign him then great - hopefully his form will return and he'll drive us forward. If he doesn't, then good luck to him wherever he goes, and we'll concentrate on finding a replacement.

i agree that this could of messed his head up and thats why he isnt 100% at the moment.

he should now realise that he isnt going to get a dream move to the premiership,as only us and donny have tabled bids.

his girlfriend is here and he is living locally so you would think we were favs to sign.

but knowing our luck he wont,just hope he realises that if he goes to donny some dickwad will sing a song about him dying when he returns!!!

i agree that this could of messed his head up and thats why he isnt 100% at the moment.

he should now realise that he isnt going to get a dream move to the premiership,as only us and donny have tabled bids.

his girlfriend is here and he is living locally so you would think we were favs to sign.

but knowing our luck he wont,just hope he realises that if he goes to donny some dickwad will sing a song about him dying when he returns!!!

I would agree with you but our questionable start to the campaign isnt going to help....:(

Edited by oafc0000