only 16days left for window transfer

latics have only 16 days left until the transfer windows is closed , but nothing has been written on the club site about new players coming in , only rumours made by fans ,that i find hard to belive like hughesy of to burnley etc ,does anyone have real concrete news of players latics are talking too

Edited by boboafc

Sheridan to get the newcastle job.

Latics to get shearer and keegan

Other than those - no!

Seriously - other than the Clarke rumours. Its all been a bit quiet hasn't it?

Tbh I think shez is struggling to attract the calibre of player that he wants to to bring the club. Having said that I think alot of players will wait untill the very last minute, of the transfer window, before commiting theselves tothe a new club so they can get the very best deal.

Tbh I think shez is struggling to attract the calibre of player that he wants to to bring the club. Having said that I think alot of players will wait untill the very last minute, of the transfer window, before commiting theselves tothe a new club so they can get the very best deal.

Nail on the head as they say !!

Nail on the head as they say !!

Exactly - common knowlege that 90% of transfers in this stupid window are done in the last 48 hours.... lots of players will be available, specially in the champ and prem - however clubs and players wait until the last minute to see their options - especially true with Loanees, lots of clubs waiting for an offer, then if none come they ship em out on loan...

I just cant believe even if this miraculous perfect player doesnt materialise shez will make the same mistake as last season....

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says (my highlighting):

"Sheridan was disturbed by Saturday’s poor performance and is determined to plunge into the transfer market this week.

Sheridan said: “I’ll definitely get people in because the players are no good to me if they perform one week against Everton and not the next week against Brighton.

“It needs to be the right personnel, but I want a striker, a ball player in midfield and a left-sided defender."

So that's it then -"people" = two or three signings this week.

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says (my highlighting):

"Sheridan was disturbed by Saturday’s poor performance and is determined to plunge into the transfer market this week.

Sheridan said: “I’ll definitely get people in because the players are no good to me if they perform one week against Everton and not the next week against Brighton.

“It needs to be the right personnel, but I want a striker, a ball player in midfield and a left-sided defender."

So that's it then -"people" = two or three signings this week.

How must that make the squad feel? Can hardly make them feel better can it? Not saying he is wrong, just that I wouldn't air that.

I just hope we dont just get any old player in.

I think the club may have learnt that when it comes to news of potential signings by far the best policy is total silence until the deal is done. It worked in the Royle era, it works now. All too often potential deals are scuppered because they get into the public domain too early.

On that basis, with a healthy dose of blind optimism, I'm not worried.

Yet.

How must that make the squad feel? Can hardly make them feel better can it? Not saying he is wrong, just that I wouldn't air that.

That is classic lower league manager speak for "I knew this would happen when we got Everton" all too easy for players to play well against higher opposition then struggle against the minnows. He has probably been saying this everyday in training and in the dressing room. Nowt anyone them haven't heard before or won't hear again.

That is classic lower league manager speak for "I knew this would happen when we got Everton" all too easy for players to play well against higher opposition then struggle against the minnows. He has probably been saying this everyday in training and in the dressing room. Nowt anyone them haven't heard before or won't hear again.

I agree with what your saying but we can hardly call Brighton Minnows now can we! It happens all to often little teams going far in the FA cup and then their season turns to pot!!

But shez is right he needs consistency and his players are not keeping the momentum going at crucial times, you would of thought with it being the trasnfer window and an FA cup 4th round tie just around the corner players would have been fighting for their places and making themselves stand out, yet against Brighton the whole team was dissapointing... No one stood up to be counted and who can now blame shez for seeking other players! Big let down, but thats what you get with such a young squad... now im going to start a new debate by saying we miss some of the older and wiser guys in Greegs and Lids....

I just hope we dont just get any old player in.

If they've got anything about them it will make them try harder to prove him wrong and keep their place in the team

My prediction is that aside from Clarke, we won't get, or even be after, any of the players whose names have been bandied about. There are scores of players who are on the frnges of Championship sides who will be available on a free, that's where we will be fishing. No household names but hopefully players who can make a difference.

...now im going to start a new debate by saying we miss some of the older and wiser guys in Greegs and Lids....

No debate there as far as I'm concerned. It's plain to see. Although just to confuse that, it'd be harsh on any of our centrebacks to put Greegs straight back in...

No debate there as far as I'm concerned. It's plain to see. Although just to confuse that, it'd be harsh on any of our centrebacks to put Greegs straight back in...

So not that plain to see. Greegs wouldn't walk back into the back 4. And Lids, well, for me he wouldn't walk back in either. Our form since these two haven't been in the side speaks volumes more. We're winning...not at home, but then, we weren't when they were in the side. Be great to see them both on the bench, to turn games if needed....or....cement leads we've had at home this season into wins. That's where a strong bench with the likes of Greegs and Lids will reap rewards.

Window_opens.gifjohnsheridan2.jpg shez no use just standing there the window will close very soon

Perhaps Bob, his prime concern at the moment is the 2 macthes in 4 days and being away with the squad...

Lets give him a chance eh??? We aint gonna sign anyone whilst the squad and manager is away from BP... Hardy, Corney et al i'm sure are working hard on agents offers, however nothing will happen until wednesday at the earliest....

Wonderful innit? Who'd be a manager?

Looks like a catch 22 to me... Shez gambles, brings in wrong man and the same fans who've told him to gamble are complaining that the manager screwed up.

Personally I think we'll get a couple of signings, but in the last few days before window closes.

No signings again today,thats another day marked off.I would imagine that 'panic' button is being feversishly pressed by the manager as we speak.

Or maybe Shez Is more concerned with the first team at the moment - Dont know if you have noticed but we have a match tonight??

Yeah - I'm sure the fact he hasnt signed anyone today it totally top of his priorities.... I'm sure he is sat in his room crying as we speak... oh no, maybe not. Perhaps he has faith in the team that has only lost once in 15 games, and is getting them ready to beat Gillingham.

Another great post mate.

Guest sheridans_world
Or maybe Shez Is more concerned with the first team at the moment - Dont know if you have noticed but we have a match tonight??

Yeah - I'm sure the fact he hasnt signed anyone today it totally top of his priorities.... I'm sure he is sat in his room crying as we speak... oh no, maybe not. Perhaps he has faith in the team that has only lost once in 15 games, and is getting them ready to beat Gillingham.

Another great post mate.

I'll be getting a little concerned if we have not signed a striker before the Huddersfield game on Saturday.

Other than that, i'm sure Shez will have something up his sleeve, still 9 days left.

Another day,another blank.

Obviously we have a problem attracting players here,KK pretty much said all that needs to be said,he went to leeds because he has ambition.Lets face it you dont need to be a rocket scientist to realise all our club is interested in is property development,sorry if that irks people but that the top and bottom of it.

Looks like we will play on saturday with davies and wolfenden up top-doen't fill me with confidecne to be blunt.

one other thing,its obvious to me hughes couldnt keep his cool for ONE game.Id have thought Shez has concluded the guy has a lack of discipline so why the hell did he play him?The game on sat is our cup final,we aint going up and i dont think we'll go down.So with that in mind saturday is huge as it has the potnetial to deliver the club literally millions.

i dont know who is the bigger fool,hughes for getting booked or sheridan for playing him........i think i'll ask the audience.

Edited by jerzybalowski

Another day,another blank.

Obviously we have a problem attracting players here,KK pretty much said all that needs to be said,he went to leeds because he has ambition.Lets face it you dont need to be a rocket scientist to realise all our club is interested in is property development,sorry if that irks people but that the top and bottom of it.

Looks like we will play on saturday with davies and wolfenden up top-doen't fill me with confidecne to be blunt.

one other thing,its obvious to me hughes couldnt keep his cool for ONE game.Id have thought Shez has concluded the guy has a lack of discipline so why the hell did he play him?The game on sat is our cup final,we aint going up and i dont think we'll go down.So with that in mind saturday is huge as it has the potnetial to deliver the club literally millions.

i dont know who is the bigger fool,hughes for getting booked or sheridan for playing him........i think i'll ask the audience.

You are priceless aren't you? Sheridan had told him how important it was he didn't pick a yellow up hence his fury afterwards for the silly booking. You don't get away from things like that by NOT playing them, you have a word in their shell and hope it registers. As it was Hughes cleared 2 off the line so we'd have lost that without him.

You are priceless aren't you? Sheridan had told him how important it was he didn't pick a yellow up hence his fury afterwards for the silly booking. You don't get away from things like that by NOT playing them, you have a word in their shell and hope it registers. As it was Hughes cleared 2 off the line so we'd have lost that without him.

Its interesting that sir alex and others dont play their 'stars'when a big game is looming,anyway,yes im much happier in the knowledge that hughes saved 2 goals against yeovil,but im sorry to say it doesnt relieve the sorrow that he will be mising for our biggest game of the season.

not sure what the priceless is a bout to be honest