Just found the attached link whilst bored at work.... I know its an age old debate - But I firmly believe the atmosphere would be much better if we moved to the RRE.......

One things for sure I bet the Chaddy End would not be mentioned in this thread if away fans were housed in there....

http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/ind...showtopic=15647

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found the attached link whilst bored at work.... I know its an age old debate - But I firmly believe the atmosphere would be much better if we moved to the RRE.......

One things for sure I bet the Chaddy End would not be mentioned in this thread if away fans were housed in there....

Totaly agree! Not only would the atmosphere be better but we could sell ale in there too :lol: That would in turn set off a chain reaction singing and booooozin and drinkin and boooooozin and ginkin n shinin n zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ^_^

sorry mate its not going to happen but when they do there promations adults £2 and under 16s £1 etc They were a lot of noise then from the Rochdale road stand

I know its an age old debate - But I firmly believe the atmosphere would be much better if we moved to the RRE.......

It's an urban myth!

No doubt next Saturday when we're outsung by Uddersfield fans, you'll say it proves your point.

Tomorrow if a few of us on an open terrace outsing Yeovil fans, what will that prove.

Both scenarios will prove that the more people prepared to sing, the greater the noise - it's not rocket science!

It's an urban myth!

No doubt next Saturday when we're outsung by Uddersfield fans, you'll say it proves your point.

Tomorrow if a few of us on an open terrace outsing Yeovil fans, what will that prove.

Both scenarios will prove that the more people prepared to sing, the greater the noise - it's not rocket science!

Totally agree....

The acoustics at Abbey Road Studios in London are widely regarded to be fantastic.

But until The Beatles opened their gobs and sang, the acoustics were irrelevent.

We need those who are prepared to sing to group together at home games. It doesn't matter which stand, it just needs all those dotted around the ground who are currently banging their heads against a brick wall trying to create an atmosphere to arrange to sit in the same part of the ground. I've always been against a move to the RRE in the past but, if that's what it takes, I'm prepared to sit anywhere.

I'm going back a long time now when we used to get decent gates in the old 3rd division. Away managers used to comment on what an intimidating place Oldham was to go to, because of the noise coming out of the Chaddy. When the seats went in the atmosphere disappeared. Most of the seats were bought by season ticket holders, and most of the central seats still are. People singing are spread around the ground, if the people on the side moved back into the Chaddy things would improve no end. At away grounds everyone's in the same place. It's said that the RRE is the best stand, maybe so, but I ain't sitting in it week in week out, having freezing cold horizontal rain blowing in my face. It would be fairly full on most occasions leaving the people at the front wishing they hadn't bothered to go.

I'm going back a long time now when we used to get decent gates in the old 3rd division. Away managers used to comment on what an intimidating place Oldham was to go to, because of the noise coming out of the Chaddy. When the seats went in the atmosphere disappeared. Most of the seats were bought by season ticket holders, and most of the central seats still are. People singing are spread around the ground, if the people on the side moved back into the Chaddy things would improve no end. At away grounds everyone's in the same place. It's said that the RRE is the best stand, maybe so, but I ain't sitting in it week in week out, having freezing cold horizontal rain blowing in my face. It would be fairly full on most occasions leaving the people at the front wishing they hadn't bothered to go.

Ain't just people at the front....I had two mates in there during the Forest game, they were over halfway up. Said it was horrible in that end.....I just laughed (knowing full well what they meant) and said, so just imagine how it'll be once we knock the stand on your right down soon (Lookers).

The acoustics at Abbey Road Studios in London are widely regarded to be fantastic.

But until The Beatles opened their gobs and sang, the acoustics were irrelevent.

We need those who are prepared to sing to group together at home games. It doesn't matter which stand, it just needs all those dotted around the ground who are currently banging their heads against a brick wall trying to create an atmosphere to arrange to sit in the same part of the ground. I've always been against a move to the RRE in the past but, if that's what it takes, I'm prepared to sit anywhere.

I've sung in a group of 300 backing singers at Abbey Road Studios and I confirm that we made more noise than The Beatles! :grin:

I am also prepared to move to a different part of BP if it is to be occupied only by willing singers. Moaners need not apply. Desperate times need desperate solutions!

I've sung in a group of 300 backing singers at Abbey Road Studios and I confirm that we made more noise than The Beatles! :grin:

I am also prepared to move to a different part of BP if it is to be occupied only by willing singers. Moaners need not apply. Desperate times need desperate solutions!

Do we still use horses to plough a field.... Move it FFS. The chaddy is gash and only the people who sit their think its any good. BP must be the only ground where we give the best stand to away fans. :blush:

Do we still use horses to plough a field.... Move it FFS. The chaddy is gash and only the people who sit their think its any good. BP must be the only ground where we give the best stand to away fans. :blush:

my lads only been in the chaddy for 2 years and even he thinks its gash...

so all the people laughing t those in the rre with the rain.....what the hell do you think is going to happen once the new chaddy is created???? will it not rain on match days ever again,hahahah

like i said a few weeks back,all the singers get together pre season before buying the season tickets and decide were your all going to sit and in which stand.far easier.

So, open up the small section of the Rocky Road End to Latics supporters.

BUT give non-seat specific season tickets - you could even allow Season Ticket holders from other areas to use it.

Therefore,

1, You don't get the issue of more quiet fans taking up space next to singers and therefore singers too dissipated to join in with each other

2, Singers don't upset those with small childern or who don't want it to be too noisy

3, Atmosphere improved due to proximity to away fans

4, Beer served, so eveyone is tanked up :blush:

5, Accoustics are better (providing there is some sound - as if there is no sound it doesn't matter what the accoustics are like)

6, If you get wet due to being too near the front, you don't have to go in again if it is raining

7, More intimidating to away teams as we have fans on all 4 sides of the ground

I am sure that there are more reasons why I am a genius......please feel free to agree and add other reasons why this is a great idea.

:grin:

We could then e-mail the club and ask for a short term trial to prove or disprove the outcome.

PS Jus because The Beatles recorded at Abbey Road doesn't make them loud :huh:

so all the people laughing t those in the rre with the rain.....what the hell do you think is going to happen once the new chaddy is created???? will it not rain on match days ever again,

Eh? Why, is the new Chaddy not having a roof? And will the weather systems that for most of the year come in from the West off the Atlantic and drive right into the RRE, change once the new Chaddy End is built? Interesting stuff! :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Eh? Why, is the new Chaddy not having a roof? And will the weather systems that for most of the year come in from the West off the Atlantic and drive right into the RRE, change once the new Chaddy End is built? Interesting stuff! :wink:

it will have a new design roof wont it akin to the rre.

it isnt beyond the realms of possibilities that the wind n rain can change directions you know.....thats why its called weather,its unpredictable.....unlike yourself.

it will have a new design roof wont it akin to the rre.

it isnt beyond the realms of possibilities that the wind n rain can change directions you know.....thats why its called weather,its unpredictable.....unlike yourself.

Awww...diddums...I'm predictable coz I disagreed with you....tut tut....

Lol....our natural weather, for most of the year, comes in from the west. Can't see that changing anytime soon seeing as most of our weather systems have being coming in that way since the dawn of time. Knowledgeable...."unlike yourself!"

EDIT: Found this for you, you might learn something :grin:http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/education/seco...eathermaps.html

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think this calls for a petition!! B)

A petition....or a vote? The last vote (must be getting on for double figures that we've had done this vote) said no move.....the next one will too. Unless of course, they count the votes the same way they did for the Monkey Sick away kit for next season. By all means, everyone from the Lookers and Main Stand go in there if they wish. Very happy with that. Those in the Chaddy are happy enough there....coz the ones who weren't have mostly confessed (on here) to moving out of it (the atmosphere going with it.....?!?!) So open the RRE for them then rather than calling the Chaddy End for not wanting to relocate.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Did I imagine this.........but isn't there talk of rotating the pitch so the Chaddy and RRE will be at the side of the pitch when the development is complete?

Or do I need to lay of the booze now?

I think that was an idea under previously discussed stadiums (think it may have been CM's idea when he got in architects that'd done a few Scottish stadiums). Not under this one, as far as I know. I think it's going to be shifted sideways so there's more room for when the current main stand is updated.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Thanks for that boundaryblue.

I've been in the Chaddy for years and for me the stand lost its soul when the wooden floorboards were removed. The bigger lads used to stamp in unison and the noise and vibration got pretty frightening, (I was a youngster back then), but it didn't half help the atmosphere. When the new Lookers (Ford Stand) is in place I fancy sitting there, just 'cos I prefer the view from the side so turning the pitch around would knacker that plan a little. My daughter has made me renew our season tickets in the Chaddy for the last few years 'cos she liked the atmosphere created by the singers, but she's reached a funny age now (17) and she's started to prefer to go shopping with her mates!!!!!!! This would never have happened if the Chaddy had retained it's old feel.

So, open up the small section of the Rocky Road End to Latics supporters.

BUT give non-seat specific season tickets - you could even allow Season Ticket holders from other areas to use it.

Therefore,

1, You don't get the issue of more quiet fans taking up space next to singers and therefore singers too dissipated to join in with each other

2, Singers don't upset those with small childern or who don't want it to be too noisy

3, Atmosphere improved due to proximity to away fans

4, Beer served, so eveyone is tanked up :blush:

5, Accoustics are better (providing there is some sound - as if there is no sound it doesn't matter what the accoustics are like)

6, If you get wet due to being too near the front, you don't have to go in again if it is raining

7, More intimidating to away teams as we have fans on all 4 sides of the ground

I am sure that there are more reasons why I am a genius......please feel free to agree and add other reasons why this is a great idea.

:grin:

We could then e-mail the club and ask for a short term trial to prove or disprove the outcome.

PS Jus because The Beatles recorded at Abbey Road doesn't make them loud :huh:

I agree that this idea is pure genius... mainly because it is something that I have been in discussions with the club about for several days.

At the moment it is a non-starter for reasons that I would rather not go into at the present time (as I think the potential uproar from divulging what the sticking points are might derail the whole process).

I am hoping to have further discussions with Alan and the Chief safety officer next week to see if anything can be sorted.