time running out...

Like the rest of the squad they have taken time to seattle and are improving all the time.... Then again...you know it all clearly and KK would be a bad signing....trot on...

presumably they've been sleepless for a while and that's why they've not seattled.

I'm not saying he'd be a bad signing - but that there are better ways to spend that money IMO and other positions to fill.

I worded it wrongly...

I meant he wouldnt be able to do it anywhere near as well as KK...imo.... :)

ok..get xavi at barca then??? :wink:

we had a "on his day" brilliant player on loan.

hes on his way now.

we aren't exactly flushed with cash-hence why doncaster have raised the wages stake twice on us now.

putting allott there will be what he is more used to-hey he might not be KK but he will give 100% trying to as good.

presumably they've been sleepless for a while and that's why they've not seattled.

I'm not saying he'd be a bad signing - but that there are better ways to spend that money IMO and other positions to fill.

Central Midfield is a FAR more important postion than left back....A million miles more important.....

A poor left back can be covered by a good centre back.... A poor central midfielder leads to you create fa...and leads to preasure going on the defence.... Central midfield is a key postion, left back isnt....

ok..get xavi at barca then??? :wink:

we had a "on his day" brilliant player on loan.

hes on his way now.

we aren't exactly flushed with cash-hence why doncaster have raised the wages stake twice on us now.

putting allott there will be what he is more used to-hey he might not be KK but he will give 100% trying to as good.

I agree with you...we will have no option...but we wont be getting promoted with Allott there I feel....

Edited by oafc0000

Central Midfield is a FAR more important postion than left back....A million miles more important.....

A poor left back can be covered by a good centre back.... A poor central midfielder leads to you create fa...and leads to preasure going on the defence.... Central midfield is a key postion, left back isnt....

Well, you're right in a way but you're understating how important full backs are. You can't just stick anyone there.

If you have a very weak full back, sure, he can be covered by a centre half or even a left sided midfield player but that means you're pulling a key player out of their area a lot and leaving holes elsewhere to exploit. But yeah, central midfield is the most important player on the park, but only because of the way Shez likes to play. Which is why it always mystified me when Moore bought Wellens*

*A note on this - I'm not suggesting it was a wrong move or anything, but Wellens talent was mostly wasted in a season where long ball was the order of the day.

Well, you're right in a way but you're understating how important full backs are. You can't just stick anyone there.

If you have a very weak full back, sure, he can be covered by a centre half or even a left sided midfield player but that means you're pulling a key player out of their area a lot and leaving holes elsewhere to exploit. But yeah, central midfield is the most important player on the park, but only because of the way Shez likes to play. Which is why it always mystified me when Moore bought Wellens*

*A note on this - I'm not suggesting it was a wrong move or anything, but Wellens talent was mostly wasted in a season where long ball was the order of the day.

Disagree slightly, centre-mid is important, but defending starts from the front and if you have strikers that can't trap a bag of cement or or unable to hold a ball up then you are in serious trouble as the ball is forever coming back at you, constantly puting you under pressure as the team defends deeper and deeper. How often have we seen that over the years?

Edited by oafcprozac

Im not understating it...im just saying it isnt a "key" postion...

Key postions are Striker, Central midfield, Central defence.... they rest arent as important...these are the area you should spend the bulck of your money...

To prove the point look at any decent side and they value of these postions is alot higher than the wide postions...

Edited by oafc0000

Disagree slightly, centre-mid is important, but defending starts from the front and if you have strikers that can't trap a bag of cement or or unable to hold a ball up then you are in serious trouble as the ball is forever coming back at you, constantly puting you under pressure as the team defends deeper and deeper. How often have we seen that over the years?

Of course, and you could also argue that without decent strikers you'll not score goals and not win games. What I really meant was it's a lot more difficult to get a very good creative midfielder as that position requires a certain level of football brains, whereas getting hold of a striker who'll hold the ball isn't tremendously difficult as holding the ball is something you can improve with practice. Creativity is a talent.

Next week, we discuss The Midfield Anchor role...

Key postions are Striker, Central midfield, Central defence.... they rest arent as important...these are the area you should spend the bulck of your money...

Correct! Spine of the team.

It looked like you'd said just stick any old sod at left back and they'll do an adequate job, which strictly isn't true.

Correct! Spine of the team.

It looked like you'd said just stick any old sod at left back and they'll do an adequate job, which strictly isn't true.

No didnt mean that :) Just if I had 120k to spend...it would go on a central midfielder right now...

Edited by oafc0000

allott was my man of match by far on tues.

with him gaining in confidence,why not give him the KK role?

He my man of the match on tuesday too, for that last few games in fact, but he can't play the same game as KK. Should we get two decent wingers playing then Allot and Macca can both do a good job in the centre they just not creative midfielders like KK and Wellens were. Or when Lids is back play a midfield 3 with him just behind the front two

Edited by Gemma06