players in?

Right I know we beat a premiership team, bt one or two (in my opinion 3) additions are needed to the squad. A left back - but I think Lomax is more than capable, a striker (we only have 2 really) and a creative midfielder. Wouldn't mind seeing a left winger too. If we can.

Options -

Alan Goodall (left back) and Matt Spring (central midfield) (Both luton) - Aparently there maybe a fire sale @ luton. The only thing is I can see them wanting to play at anfield. Spring is a player I rate highly.

Colin Nish (striker - Kilmarnock) Dont know much about him except he's 6ft 3 and a striker!

Paul Brooker (Striker - Bristol city) 20 clubs have enquired about taking him on loan. Wouldn't be surprised if we are one of them.

Kenny Lunt (Sheff Wed - Central Midfield) - On the fringes at Wednesday. A player I rate highly. Picks a pass and good from free kicks.

Leon Clarke (Sheff wed - Stiker) We know all about him

John Spicer (Dingles) - Always rated him. Not seen anything saying he is injured, but not featuring for them. Tidy player Picks a pass.

Scott Vernon (Lashers) - See Leon Clarke

Also I do think this side has a good chance of going up. Maybe not this season, but if we can keep most of it. Add 3 or so more to the squad and it can. We need a summer where we don't have a massive overhaul, we just make a few additions and let 1/2 go. The kids will come on too.

Edited by pukka

Some good and some very interesting shouts there.

Paul Brooker for one is a player I would really like to see given a go at BP, even on loan initially if thats all we could get.

I'm not a massive fan of Leon Clarke, but wouldn't mind seeing Scott Vernon back at BP although he is figuring quite regularly for the lashers at the moment so that would be unlikely.

I think given the exit of Bertrand, Kilkenny and Ricketts that Shez will be looking for at least 3 replacements. i.e A Left Back a midfielder and a striker before the transfer window closes.

he's not fit to lace Pauls boots :wink:

I meant Steve Brooker! Paul was at Brentford I think?

Thomas Cywka would also be good. Brooker has had some really bad injuries - he's got class though.

I think Kenny Lunt would be my first choice IF we can get him. A top lower league midfielder. Would be a great replacement for Kilkenny.

What about Steve Brooker ?? :blush:

Last Saturday night's Bristol Evening Post has a big splash on its back page about Steve Brooker. He says he wants to repay Bristol City's faith in him for giving him the chance to resurrect his career after being jailed in August 2006 after a brawl and serious injury. He's only played reserve team football so far this season and he's guaranteed Gary Johnson he'll be available for 20 games between now and the end of the season.

John Spicer (Dingles) - Always rated him. Not seen anything saying he is injured, but not featuring for them. Tidy player Picks a pass.

He has been suspended recently but i think he was available for the Arsenal game but didn't manage to get in the squad. He has played a few games this season but mainly due to others being injured/suspended. They have McCann who plays similar to Spicer and he is better than him so can't see him getting in the first 11 on a regular basis. The Burnley fans don't rate him one bit and most would be glad to see him go. I've always rated him when he has played against us, a stint back in league one would do him no harm in my opinion, get his career back on track with some first team football and fulfill the potentional he promised a couple of years ago. His contract is up at the end of the season too

Edited by Gemma06

Wouldn't mind the Polish lad we had on loan last season, Cywka? Looked a good player in the short time i saw him play...

He's class and aint getting in wigans team.I'd be enquiring if i were Sheridan,only problem is the kid might not fancy it after getting about an hours playing time during the last loan.

He would feel at home here though,in 'little poland'. :D

That's a wind up, surely?

To be honest - I wouldnt be surprised if he went somewhere on loan..... he is having a shocker, no confidence, and looks a fish out of water at that level... I cant see how he would fit in with us though... he needs damn good service, and to be honest we are looking for a battering ran type of striker.... we have hughesy to clean up in the box....

To be honest - I wouldnt be surprised if he went somewhere on loan..... he is having a shocker, no confidence, and looks a fish out of water at that level... I cant see how he would fit in with us though... he needs damn good service, and to be honest we are looking for a battering ran type of striker.... we have hughesy to clean up in the box....

He'll score goals... why have one poacher when you can have two?

Get him in the side and just chuck it in the box... him and Hughes would have a field day!

He'll score goals... why have one poacher when you can have two?

Get him in the side and just chuck it in the box... him and Hughes would have a field day!

You make it sound so simple Ackey! Straight from the Ronnie Moore school of hoofball!

He'd cost a fair bit of money, dare I say more than we have got.

Plus as a fair few people thought at the time (well I did, so i'm presuming others did too), it was Andy Keogh that was the main player in that partnership and will go on to better things.

And those people were proved wrong when Keogh left in January and Sharp continued to bang them in left right and centre. We definitely couldn't afford to buy him, but he's not in Robson's plans at the moment so maybe we can make a cheeky loan bid.

He'd cost a fair bit of money, dare I say more than we have got.

Plus as a fair few people thought at the time (well I did, so i'm presuming others did too), it was Andy Keogh that was the main player in that partnership and will go on to better things.

Keogh got a fair few assists and was the more creative player but goals are what win you games and bumps your fee up. To say he's a fish out of water at that level is unkind as he's been on the bench at the Blades all season making fleeting appearances. In their recent home draw against the Lashers the crowd turned on Robson for taking Sharp off, so it looks like he's a bit of a crowd favourite there too. Not a chance in hell they'll loan him to us; there will be a few Championship clubs eyeing him up before us.

What about that Sunderland striker we were linked with last season? Could that be resurrected?