Today's Chron

£475,000

I also sold Craig Davies for £150,000 to Bradford.

I sold him for £1.5m to city and then Eardley to wigan for £2.4m. I couldnt get rid of Davies though! Wolfy is fantastic on it, scored 25+ every season!

I would reckon the 2 enquires we've had have got to be for Eardley and probably one of Davies/Taylor/Smalley

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Eardley will clearly be one of the targets.

To be honest if we get an offer around the 750K mark with sell on clauses, I'd sell and use the money to acquire the necessary creative midfield player, striker and full back we need.

Not being funny, but in the current climate (1.5m for Gunter etc) and with Eardley being on a longish term deal, I don't see why we should be selling ourselves short by letting him go for around half that amount. Added to that that we'll have already made a few quid of the shortfall up already this season with the win at Everton and associated gate receipt, I don't think we should have our hand forced. TTA have already said there is money available to Shez, lets try and add to the squad, not lose players.

Crossley - No chance

Eardley - very likely

Stam - always been a player thats interested alot of scouts

Trotters - still very early and unlikely to get a substantial bid

Taylor - average season so far but a possibility

Allot - Nah

Gary Mac - nah

Davies - very likely

Hughes - not worth the risk YET.

Preston seem to be bidding for alot of players, Chris Brown , Richard Chaplow, some American striker.

I think Eardley's display at Everton will certainly have got the attention of the bigger clubs as he stepped up with ease.

Other than that we are looking at raw articles who have pace. That is Davies, Taylor and Trotman to me. I can't think that Taylor would suddenly be interesting teams after what hasn't been the best of starts - leaving two. It is a bit six and two three's, but I'd say that Trotman's emergence is more of a surprise. Davies has nothing he didn't have when he joined and everyone knew what he had - and he was very available then.

I'd lean towards Trotman. Few would have known of him and his game has come on no end. It's got to the stage where he is a first team fixture, and has done that with ease.

A fair bit of guesswork. Hopefully it is a double bid for a couple of our OAP's :mmm:

I heard today (before I had looked at this thread or the chron) that Derby are interested in Trotman. My other guess would be Eardley but Stam and Davies are both possibilities.

I don't think Stam will be interesting many teams with his injury record over the last couple of years.

I'm sure Trotman is interesting many though as he has been immense in recent months.

They just signed a bucketload of players though. Trotters and One Size would be one of the better ex-Latics pairing I can think of mind you. Better than some combos Peterborough have had off us.

They have signed 8 so far, 3 more for a new first 11 :wink:

Just another bit about them too, they seem to be giving a lot of these players 4 year deals. Surely must be many clauses in them. They're signing players who are deemed not good enough for the Prem yet when if/when they get there they will be signing new players again leaving them with a load of players with a few years left on their deals (yes I am expecting them Prem bound in 2 seasons max).

This is exactly what I mean when I say that I and many other supporters love this club more than the players and coaching staff. Here we are talking about who will leave during the Window and no one is coming out of the club saying "I love it here and don't want to leave" Then they wonder why we moan during the games. We should be buying players and refusing all offers for members of our first team squad...... I'm sick of this. We all state there should be consistency in our coaching staff then sell off half the squad on here. Where's the consistency from the players??????

no one is coming out of the club saying "I love it here and don't want to leave" Then they wonder why we moan during the games.

Maybe the latter is the reason WHY the prior isn't taking place?

(It wouldn't matter if they did in most cases as it is a matter of balancing the books)

Guest oa_exile
This is exactly what I mean when I say that I and many other supporters love this club more than the players and coaching staff. Here we are talking about who will leave during the Window and no one is coming out of the club saying "I love it here and don't want to leave" Then they wonder why we moan during the games. We should be buying players and refusing all offers for members of our first team squad...... I'm sick of this. We all state there should be consistency in our coaching staff then sell off half the squad on here. Where's the consistency from the players??????

I am a bit surprised by that post Terry , you know as well as I that IF a realistic offer comes in for a player we will sell.

Frustrating but a reality , always has been like that and always will probably remain like that , at least in our lifetime :wink:

Clubs like us that operate on a week to week financial loss will always need to sell to survive.

TTA dont have a bottomless pit of cash and have to try at some stage to balance the books and recoup some of their investment in the club, which must be quite substantial.

Having a good youth set up is what keeps clubs like Latics afloat, bringing on young players like Eardley, Taylor and Trotman and inevitably selling them for profit, its the only way we can survive, unfortunately.