Mis-heard footy songs......

"Jose Baxter Baby!"

Was stolen from Crystal Palace fans who sung it about "Jose Fonte" Which loosely rhymes with "Don't you want me".

Although our fans missed the point and thought it worked for Baxter because he was called Jose, but it was the surname Fonte that made the chant work, not Jose.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jose Baxter Baby!"

Was stolen from Crystal Palace fans who sung it about "Jose Fonte" Which loosely rhymes with "Don't you want me".

Although our fans missed the point and thought it worked for Baxter because he was called Jose, but it was the surname Fonte that made the chant work, not Jose.

bit did work or baxter though.. thousands of latics weren't complaining when singing it / okay it doesn't fit perfectly but if a song is sang by a few thousand it's a success surely at football

"Jose Baxter Baby!"

A mate of mine who lives in Brum came to Kidderminster last year and couldn't get his head round it. The Jose Fonte thing makes sense

My good friend who used to come to games with me in our school years misheard 'Neil Warnock's blue & white army' as the nonsensical, but pretty marvelous 'You know I one spline, Tony'.

the best thing about it is he sung it at games without realising it was a barely cognitive mess or actually questioning who this Tony was, and why we needed to remind him at length that we 'one spline'

A mis-sung song once heard in the RRE when we played Tranmere

Ian Moore

Ian Moore

Your dad is a :censored:

Your Mum is anall

The best bit of mass mis-hearing ever was at Tranmere away a couple of years back. Tranmere legend Ian Muir was introduced to the crowd to do the HT draw. The entire away end misheard the announcer and thought he had said Ian Moore. And then the entire away end started roaring "Ian Moore, Iaaaaannn Mooooorrrreee..." Quality.

The best bit of mass mis-hearing ever was at Tranmere away a couple of years back. Tranmere legend Ian Muir was introduced to the crowd to do the HT draw. The entire away end misheard the announcer and thought he had said Ian Moore. And then the entire away end started roaring "Ian Moore, Iaaaaannn Mooooorrrreee..." Quality.

I was trying to tell people - "it's Ian Muir, MUIR, not Ian Moore. MUIR. Oh forget it."