Anyone getting nervous?

On the Trotman front, that's what's really worried me. Yet again, we're appearing to hold back. Look at Porter/Wellens/Haining last season. I just hope Trotters signs. I'd rather have the satisfaction that he's staying for the next few years, rather than have us throw well-earned money at Clarke, who has a few attitude problems, according to the Southend lot, or KK, who, well, has a few himself.

I do, however, agree that we certainly need a few players brought in. The creative man is the big one. One thing I'd look at is our own lads. We've got Wolfy there, who Shez has repeatedly stated he likes, so why not give him a little run? You never know; he might turn out as big of a revelation as Trotters.

Shez won't let us down, I'm sure of that, though.

Guest oa_exile
I just can't take all this transfer activity, we need to slow down a little.

Was like that in the summer too , seemed as though nothing was happening :huh:

Your right though it's costing me a fortune , on my second keyboard already .......... F5 button gave up ^_^

On the Trotman front, that's what's really worried me. Yet again, we're appearing to hold back. Look at Porter/Wellens/Haining last season. I just hope Trotters signs. I'd rather have the satisfaction that he's staying for the next few years, rather than have us throw well-earned money at Clarke, who has a few attitude problems, according to the Southend lot, or KK, who, well, has a few himself.

I do, however, agree that we certainly need a few players brought in. The creative man is the big one. One thing I'd look at is our own lads. We've got Wolfy there, who Shez has repeatedly stated he likes, so why not give him a little run? You never know; he might turn out as big of a revelation as Trotters.

Shez won't let us down, I'm sure of that, though.

i think a new striker is an absolute must for us during this transfer window.

I don't think Wolfy is anywhere near to being what we need at the moment, when he came on as sub on Sat he was so lightweight he might as well not have been there.

Why wasn't who offered one? KK? He was....mid-December we're led to believe. And he turned it down and when offers came in for him from elsewhere, we upped ours. To be turned down again.

Or if you meant, Trotters...I agree on that one. Not sure why we've not started talking to him yet. Just hope his form doesn't suffer if he gets wind of paper talk and any bids that may be made.

Yes Ross I meant Trotters, we always knew he would do well with a little run in the team, and he has. He has been brilliant and should have been offered a contract extension before the window opened. I understand the concern about another porter, but we should be trying to keep our young players.

Yes Ross I meant Trotters, we always knew he would do well with a little run in the team, and he has. He has been brilliant and should have been offered a contract extension before the window opened. I understand the concern about another porter, but we should be trying to keep our young players.

Not being argumentative here but how do we know that contract talks haven't been opened with Trotman?

One of the other young lads (can't remember who at the moment) signed a new deal recently and that news came totally out of the blue as far as us fans were concerned.

Tonight's digital version of the rarely wrong Chron keeps the uncertainty going, with Alan Hardy talking about a deal he was working on last night, which probably won't happen, but then again it might. Hardy says wage demands by Championship players are too high for the budget - asking £7,000 per week. More chance of a loan within budget if the other club meets part of wages but some won't do that.

Not being argumentative here but how do we know that contract talks haven't been opened with Trotman?

One of the other young lads (can't remember who at the moment) signed a new deal recently and that news came totally out of the blue as far as us fans were concerned.

That's exactly what I've been saying! Maybe we should have an Oldham RSS feed for all the goings on behind the scenes.....

............14/01/08 08:16 - Alan Hardy eats baby.............14/01/08 09:32 - Dirty kit gets washed..............14/01/08 10:37 - Contract offered to Trotman :deal: ................ :grin:

Your hardwork.....

We have the ability at the moment to invest into players....with the money from Everton we will be able to pay transfer fees / higher wages.....thats a short term thing.....

We have to wisely spend what money we have.... If thats investing it into one qauility players....or into a number of resonable players....thats up to the manager/owners....

As a group of fans we have to understand though that we only have so much money and when competing with the likes of Doncaster / Leeds / Forest we are always going to struggle to beat there offers....

Then again I suspect you already know this and your just demostarting the wind up merchant that you are......

Not really....just pointing out some clarity....you didn't bat an eyelid and argued the toss when I pulled you up on how much £120k was to us....

Kilkenny was essiential to success this year...

The plus side is we defo have money avilable to bring someone in

I think he is worth £120K. If they agree with me and offer him the money thats cool. Do you not think that Shez and TTA agree that he is actually worth spending that money. Do you think TTA would spend that money unless the club could afford it ??

Changing songsheets all the time with you! Keep em coming Supertaylor! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

That's exactly what I've been saying! Maybe we should have an Oldham RSS feed for all the goings on behind the scenes.....

............14/01/08 08:16 - Alan Hardy eats baby.............14/01/08 09:32 - Dirty kit gets washed..............14/01/08 10:37 - Contract offered to Trotman :deal: ................ :grin:

What time did Eardley eat my cat? :wink:

True...maybe on the "no word of contract talks" comes from the media thing and what they do.....when you hear about other clubs and players who are in "talks" over new contracts. Probably a bit unfair to think of it being made news about Trotters sitting down with OAFC to talks, like say, Micah Richards sitting down to talks at Man:censored:ty.

What time did Eardley eat my cat? :wink:

True...maybe on the "no word of contract talks" comes from the media thing and what they do.....when you hear about other clubs and players who are in "talks" over new contracts. Probably a bit unfair to think of it being made news about Trotters sitting down with OAFC to talks, like say, Micah Richards sitting down to talks at Man:censored:ty.

I've been wracking my brains but am suffering a short term memory loss! Was it Chris Taylor who unexpectedly signed a new 3 year deal a couple of months ago? Nothing was written about that prior to the event and I really do think that OAFC try to keep their negotiations quiet.

I know they were a bit upset when the Press got wind of the offer for Leon Clarke.

i think a new striker is an absolute must for us during this transfer window.

I don't think Wolfy is anywhere near to being what we need at the moment, when he came on as sub on Sat he was so lightweight he might as well not have been there.

Yeah, maybe. But we didn't think Trotman would be such a big hit, which he obviosuly has, so if Wolfy is given say 3/4 games to have a crack at the whip, we'd know a lot more about the lad than we do now.

He's something we're missing, that is a guy in the box, not someone like Davies, (in this case, Hughesy's actually decent at what he does), who is always dropping too deep for our wingers to get balls into the box - hence why we've been dire from the wings, in terms of the amount scored from crosses. I know he lacks height, but that's up to Shez to get around that one.

If Wolfy doesn't do too well, then we'll have to bring a striker in, I agree.

Not really....just pointing out some clarity....you didn't bat an eyelid and argued the toss when I pulled you up on how much £120k was to us....

Changing songsheets all the time with you! Keep em coming Supertaylor! :grin:

Im not changing my view point at all your silly little man....

I stated...quite correctly....that at the moment we have something of a windfall after the Everton game....if the owners/shez feel they want to invest this into one player or a number of players thats totally up to them....but even with this windfall we still struggle to match other clubs.... For example, do you think Kilkenny is the highest paid player at Leeds ? Im guessing not... There offer would of seen off ours..... Thats my whole point.... We cant match other clubs.... And fans have to realise this before getting on the back of the club about the lack of signings....

You seriously need to take the time to digest what people are saying....