Anyone getting nervous?

Without complaining, is anyone else getting a little nervous about the lack of movement in the transfer window?

All the rumours suggest other clubs are looking at Eardley, Trotman, Hughes, I think we could cover Eardley, although I would be very unhappy to see Trotman or Hughes go. With the injuries we have at centre half and the likelyhood of Stam picking something up I think it would be foolish, get him signed up on a 2 year deal. I understand the Porter situation, but do we know if Trotman had been offered an extension, its mid January FFS?

I love shez, but I am concerned that he doesnt have the contacts in the transfer market. Why do we keep missing out on players, and its very quiet at the club!!!! Shez has put preassure on himself by saying we will have new faces by the weekend, not looking that way at the moment, even the Chronicle of nonesence isnt leaking our targets, do we have any? Not complainng just want your thoughts boys...... B)

Without complaining, is anyone else getting a little nervous about the lack of movement in the transfer window?

All the rumours suggest other clubs are looking at Eardley, Trotman, Hughes, I think we could cover Eardley, although I would be very unhappy to see Trotman or Hughes go. With the injuries we have at centre half and the likelyhood of Stam picking something up I think it would be foolish, get him signed up on a 2 year deal. I understand the Porter situation, but do we know if Trotman had been offered an extension, its mid January FFS?

I love shez, but I am concerned that he doesnt have the contacts in the transfer market. Why do we keep missing out on players, and its very quiet at the club!!!! Shez has put preassure on himself by saying we will have new faces by the weekend, not looking that way at the moment, even the Chronicle of nonesence isnt leaking our targets, do we have any? Not complainng just want your thoughts boys...... B)

Sean Gregan

Neil Kilkenny

Gary McDonald

Lee Hughes

Craig Davies

Leon Clarke

Mark Crossley

Thomas Cwyka

Lewis Grabban

Numerous Prem keepers on loan

Unearthed gems such as Rubes and Bertrand

Nah, no contacts in the market mate! Don't panic we'll get players in. If no-ones arrived by next Friday then start worrying. As for not having contacts, that was Andy Ritchie.............and he still unearthed gems!

Edited by oafcprozac

Guest oa_exile

I think that that Feelers are out and Shez is awaiting decisions , he has drawn up a "Wanted" list as he has already said a LB , midfielder and striker are a priority .......... two weeks to go yet B)

I think that that Feelers are out and Shez is awaiting decisions , he has drawn up a "Wanted" list as he has already said a LB , midfielder and striker are a priority .......... two weeks to go yet B)

Problem is these days players don't play for the love of the game, a lot of 'em are lazy so and so's that'll sit back and see their contracts out content to be playing ressie footie whilst larging it up most nights. Come next week, agents will be getting twitchy and 'advising' players to take what's on offer, not for the good of the player but to make sure they get their commission as that'll be it until June!

Problem is these days players don't play for the love of the game, a lot of 'em are lazy so and so's that'll sit back and see their contracts out content to be playing ressie footie whilst larging it up most nights. Come next week, agents will be getting twitchy and 'advising' players to take what's on offer, not for the good of the player but to make sure they get their commission as that'll be it until June!

he must be confident of getting his targets otherwise he would not have stated his intentions so publicly,as he will be well aware if nobody signs this week people will question his integrity.

incidently,preston want nish.....more cash than us.

he must be confident of getting his targets otherwise he would not have stated his intentions so publicly,as he will be well aware if nobody signs this week people will question his integrity.

incidently,preston want nish.....more cash than us.

Thats not true..... The fact he stated publicly he is after players does not mean he is confident of getting his targets. Far from it! People would question his integrity if he didnt state he was after new faces. And if Shez fails to get new faces in im sure the knives will be out for him.....

Why do we keep missing out on players

Because were skint ?? Also playing for Oldham Athletic in League One isnt the most exciting prospect for a player. To suggest Sheridan has no contacts is a joke. Contacts can get the ball rolling but dosent finalise deals.....

Guest oa_exile
Because were skint ??

That is not true , we have the Everton money + TTA have said they will splash the cash if the right person(s) is available

Because were skint ?? Also playing for Oldham Athletic in League One isnt the most exciting prospect for a player. To suggest Sheridan has no contacts is a joke. Contacts can get the ball rolling but dosent finalise deals.....

We're not skint, but we are working to a budget - one the owners are quite rightly insisting we stick to.

As posted elsewhere, I'm not worried... yet.

I wouldnt say we are skint....Luton are skint.....We have quite a generous budge by the sounds of it 200k on kilkenny, probably releasing Ricketts wages. SC has said there is money there, i just hope sheridan learns from last years mistakes (he said he has learnt from last year). This time last season he didn't dip into the transfer market to enlarge the squad and we paid the price with a terrible second half of the season.

Sean Gregan

Neil Kilkenny

Gary McDonald

Lee Hughes

Craig Davies

Leon Clarke

Mark Crossley

Thomas Cwyka

Lewis Grabban

Numerous Prem keepers on loan

Unearthed gems such as Rubes and Bertrand

Nah, no contacts in the market mate! Don't panic we'll get players in. If no-ones arrived by next Friday then start worrying. As for not having contacts, that was Andy Ritchie.............and he still unearthed gems!

Whats the rush?

2 weeks to go yet, there is no point in getting people in for the sake of numbers, hopefully shez is making sure these targets are right for the team to push on this season, if we did get someone right away and he wasnt up to scratch then knives will be out again, be patient and trust in shez.

although we are incosistent at the moment, i honestly belive if we diont make playoffs this season, we will achieve automatic next season, we have a young team still learning and a few of the right faces at the right time will see us kick on.

FFS.....skint....working to a budget.....LOSEING MONEY ON A WEEKLY BASIS!!!!! Call it what you want....we dont have the money of the likes of Doncaster....and we certainly dont have the money of pritty much anyone in the Championship.... So when it comes to getting players good enough and better than this division we are always going to struggle.......

By the Everton money has helped us....but in the grandscheme of things does that money casue us to break even this season ? I doubt it...so dont fool yourselfs about are money situation....we still in hot water...

Kilkenny goes to prove this.... Decent player, even when we gave him a decent package he still got tempted by the bright lights of Leeds United......

Its not simple getting qaulity into the club....

Edited by oafc0000

FFS.....skint....working to a budget.....LOSEING MONEY ON A WEEKLY BASIS!!!!! Call it what you want....we dont have the money of the likes of Doncaster....and we certainly dont have the money of pritty much anyone in the Championship.... So when it comes to getting players good enough and better than this division we are always going to struggle.......

By the Everton money has helped us....but in the grandscheme of things does that money casue us to break even this season ? I doubt it...so dont fool yourselfs about are money situation....we still in hot water...

Kilkenny goes to prove this.... Decent player, even when we gave him a decent package he still got tempted by the bright lights of Leeds United......

Its not simple getting qaulity into the club....

Fair enough, skint, budget etc. - it's all semantics. We don't have the budget of the bigger clubs in League One, which - you're right - makes it difficult to attract the kind of quality we want. That's where I think Shez has done brilliantly with his standing and contacts in the game to attract some of the players we've seen over the last couple of seasons. We have to rely on Shez and the owners to do what they can to overcome our financial disadvantage. The overriding thing for me remains that I'd rather stick to TTA's budget and not go up than risk future financial problems chasing players we can't afford.

Lol...one minute you're saying throw £120k on KK, the next "we're skint"....make ya mind up fella! You ain't Supertaylor off JKLatics.com are ya by any chance??????? :grin:

Fair enough, skint, budget etc. - it's all semantics. We don't have the budget of the bigger clubs in League One, which - you're right - makes it difficult to attract the kind of quality we want. That's where I think Shez has done brilliantly with his standing and contacts in the game to attract some of the players we've seen over the last couple of seasons. We have to rely on Shez and the owners to do what they can to overcome our financial disadvantage. The overriding thing for me remains that I'd rather stick to TTA's budget and not go up than risk future financial problems chasing players we can't afford.

True....but there's a but....a big one....I hope if Shez misses out on the ones he wants, that he actually gambles this Jan. And not sit on his hands like he did last season saying "we can't get who we want." I understand that he doesn't just want to go for anyone but he'll have to roll the dice this time and gamble, like Scunny did with Beckford. I don't like loanees.....just like I wanted us to push a bit harder to keep Wellens than go for 6mths with KK and have the problem we have now. BUT.....if we can't get that permenant player in now, then he'll have to take on a young kid or a lower league journeyman and hope he does the biz. If it doesn't, we just hold our hands up and say, that's the way it was. We need bodies...simple as that...it was 12mths ago but Shez waited far too long (well into March) and it cost us IMO. It ain't easy, I know. But I hope he learned from last January and his hesitations.

Edited by boundaryblue80

True....but there's a but....a big one....I hope if Shez misses out on the ones he wants, that he actually gambles this Jan. And not sit on his hands like he did last season saying "we can't get who we want." I understand that he doesn't just want to go for anyone but he'll have to roll the dice this time and gamble, like Scunny did with Beckford. I don't like loanees.....just like I wanted us to push a bit harder to keep Wellens than go for 6mths with KK and have the problem we have now. BUT.....if we can't get that permenant player in now, then he'll have to take on a young kid or a lower league journeyman and hope he does the biz. If it doesn't, we just hold our hands up and say, that's the way it was. We need bodies...simple as that...it was 12mths ago but Shez waited far too long (well into March) and it cost us IMO. It ain't easy, I know. But I hope he learned from last January and his hesitations.

See this is what is worrying me, we have quality youth trying their best week in week out while Ricketts is still taking a wage from the club. A deal with Walsall that I am not sure will come off, while our young players are getting paid peanuts and could be tempted by a move away. If we are willing to pay 100/200k out for Clarke and KK, there is obviously cash on the table. Are we crazy not trying to tie up Trotman, or is itjust me? 500k, so what that could be made in a week if get past Huddesfield and get a decent draw, TV, prize money etc

Whats the rush?

2 weeks to go yet, there is no point in getting people in for the sake of numbers, hopefully shez is making sure these targets are right for the team to push on this season, if we did get someone right away and he wasnt up to scratch then knives will be out again, be patient and trust in shez.

although we are incosistent at the moment, i honestly belive if we diont make playoffs this season, we will achieve automatic next season, we have a young team still learning and a few of the right faces at the right time will see us kick on.

Just because Doncaster splash the cash doesn't mean they are loaded it all depends how much the owners are willing to self fund, just like any other football club. they only get 4000/5000 home fans just like us. I have no doubt that TTA would be willing se loose even more money if we were promoted. Unless Donny have a money tree in their back yard????

See this is what is worrying me, we have quality youth trying their best week in week out while Ricketts is still taking a wage from the club. A deal with Walsall that I am not sure will come off, while our young players are getting paid peanuts and could be tempted by a move away. If we are willing to pay 100/200k out for Clarke and KK, there is obviously cash on the table. Are we crazy not trying to tie up Trotman, or is itjust me? 500k, so what that could be made in a week if get past Huddesfield and get a decent draw, TV, prize money etc

Two words for you Eddie. Impulse Buy.

Later this month will be when new faces arrive. Towards end of the window.

Why? Have you heard that we havn't been? Like most things on here, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Unless Donny have a money tree in their back yard????

I met their Chairman a few weeks ago. He is not short of a bob or two and I got the impression that if he wanted a player, then he would do his best to make sure that he got them. I don't think money is an obstacle but their League position is.

The big problem for him is that once again, Donny are not playing to the level that they should given the investment and players would rather go to a bigger Club (ie Kilkenny to Leeds) than to The Keep Moat where they will probably be playing League One football again next Season.

I met their Chairman a few weeks ago. He is not short of a bob or two and I got the impression that if he wanted a player, then he would do his best to make sure that he got them. I don't think money is an obstacle but their League position is.

The big problem for him is that once again, Donny are not playing to the level that they should given the investment and players would rather go to a bigger Club (ie Kilkenny to Leeds) than to The Keep Moat where they will probably be playing League One football again next Season.

Why wasnt he offered a contract before Jan? Now his head will be turned.... So what we are saying is we didnt learn from the Porter fiasco? Anyone could see what a asset this lad is 12 weeks ago. First team or squad player, and he wouldnt have broke the bank.

Why wasnt he offered a contract before Jan? Now his head will be turned.... So what we are saying is we didnt learn from the Porter fiasco? Anyone could see what a asset this lad is 12 weeks ago. First team or squad player, and he wouldnt have broke the bank.

Why wasn't who offered one? KK? He was....mid-December we're led to believe. And he turned it down and when offers came in for him from elsewhere, we upped ours. To be turned down again.

Or if you meant, Trotters...I agree on that one. Not sure why we've not started talking to him yet. Just hope his form doesn't suffer if he gets wind of paper talk and any bids that may be made.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol...one minute you're saying throw £120k on KK, the next "we're skint"....make ya mind up fella! You ain't Supertaylor off JKLatics.com are ya by any chance??????? :grin:

Your hardwork.....

We have the ability at the moment to invest into players....with the money from Everton we will be able to pay transfer fees / higher wages.....thats a short term thing.....

We have to wisely spend what money we have.... If thats investing it into one qauility players....or into a number of resonable players....thats up to the manager/owners....

As a group of fans we have to understand though that we only have so much money and when competing with the likes of Doncaster / Leeds / Forest we are always going to struggle to beat there offers....

Then again I suspect you already know this and your just demostarting the wind up merchant that you are......

Edited by oafc0000

Guest oa_exile
Then again I suspect you already know this and your just demostarting the wind up merchant that you are......

Ohhhhhhhhh !!!! the Irony of that post :grin: