Greatest performance at Boundary Park by any player?

can i put one up that was against us but not at bp ? archie gemmel for derby at the baseball ground mid 80s ran the game and destroyed us just awesome (think it was his first game back )

also the great bobby moore for fulham in the 70s ran the show that day scored a fantastic header for the winner pity it was in his own net ! remeber the chaddy was silent as if they didnt believe theyed seen it before going absolutly mental

It pains me to say but when we lost 6-3 to the dirty reds and Andrei Kanchelskis had a stormer, he pretty much ended Andy Barlow's career that day.

On a happier note I can remember several outstanding Paul Murray moments where he pretty much single handed kept us up, due to the fact he was in a pretty average team I think I will give that my beat performance.

It was Martin Taylor who made his name with Derby County. Short spells at Carlisle, Scunthorpe and Crewe followed before he went to Wycombe Wanderers, where he spent seven years winning the Player Of The Year award three years running and was part of the Wycombe side which got to the F.A. Cup semi-final.

Martin lived in Burton-on-Trent and, after a spell with Telford United, he joined Burton Albion as goalkeeping coach, often providing cover on the substitutes' bench.

Thats who i was thinking of as well, just his name escaped me. He always seemed to have a blinder against us.,

Gary Taylor-Fletcher after the double in 2005. Great Day had by all more of the same week Sataurday hopefully :lol:

Hope not - seeing he is now playing for the lashers.... if he does come back we will definitely smell a rat!

Prob one for your memory only Pete... but the one non-latics match I watched last season was Bristol City Vs Hudds at Ashton gate.... Taylor-Fletcher was simply superb - and th best individiual performance I have seen at this level for a very long time - his goal that day was my goal of the season, managed to single handedly beat the entire brizzle defence.... pity Basso had a game equalling GTF's that day otherwise you would have hammered em...

And before anyone asks why I was there instead of at latics - it was my town supporting best mates birthday and I said he could come down... it happened to also be the day of the swansea away game when we went top (Warney!) - I laughed my head off walking out of the ground when a brizzle fan said "you were unlucky today" to me - "no we bloomin werent, we are top of the league!" B)

Although he was run very close by David James throwing two in against Liverpool!!!!

Leeds at home when Cantona made his debut. Nick Henry had the Leeds midfield (Supposedly the strongest midfield in the country at the time) in his pocket. Cantona looked class when he came on at half time also.

Loved the "Calamity James" game too!

Frankie Bunn for me, v Scarboro. 6 goals says it all (although Ritchies' was the best of the night).

Speaking of Ritichie, I remember him tantalizing a defender by doing kickups in front of the Lookers. Seemed to last an age; Tommy Wright tried the same thing on the other flank a few minutes later but was bulldozed. Wish I could remember the opposition ...

Frankie Bunn for me, v Scarboro. 6 goals says it all (although Ritchies' was the best of the night).

Speaking of Ritichie, I remember him tantalizing a defender by doing kickups in front of the Lookers. Seemed to last an age; Tommy Wright tried the same thing on the other flank a few minutes later but was bulldozed. Wish I could remember the opposition ...

Think that was vs Bradford April '89, Brian Tinnion did the bulldozing and kicked wee Tommy all over the park. We drew 1-1, Stitch had a late winner disallowed.

That Adam Griffin shout is a cracker! Plus aided by Eyres that day who set the goal up. Two of the finest displays, backed up by Pogs in net. TBH, sadly, this is difficult as a lot shade into insignificance compared to some of the away performances (Armstrong silencing Joe Cole in the Lge Cup and Hazell at Everton being two of the best I've ever seen from our lads.)

Re: The West Ham game, Pogs had a stormer too, they couldn't handle Wayno on the break either

Re: Everton, agree about Hazell he was superb, so was Kalalalalala though, yes his distribution is mostly poor but it was singly the most dogged midfield performance from a Latics midfielder since the halcyon days of Henry and Milligan.

Whilst we're digressing onto the subject of away performances:- (Here's some more contenders from games I was at)

Milligan 3-3 draw at Maine Road 1990

Sharpy at Maine Road 1991

The whole team becoming a brick wall at Villa Park May '93

Sean McCarthy at Meadow Lane, his hat-trick in '94

David Beresford as an outlet whilst under the cosh for 90 minutes at QPR in 1997

Gary Kelly at Maine Road in 1999

Shez at Wigan Jan'2000

Pogs at Bristol City March '03 (Ok we lost but it would have been double figures without Pogs that night)

Muzza at Swindon April '04

Rocastle at Swansea Feb '07

For whoever asked, Griffin joined Stockport in the summer of 2006 after a loan spell there the previous season. I was dissapointed to see him go, because even though he played mostly at left back for us, I saw him as the natural successor to David Eyres on the left wing. He was superb there in pre-season in 2006.

First-team regular on the wing at Stockport, don't know how he's doing.

Hope not - seeing he is now playing for the lashers.... if he does come back we will definitely smell a rat!

Prob one for your memory only Pete... but the one non-latics match I watched last season was Bristol City Vs Hudds at Ashton gate.... Taylor-Fletcher was simply superb - and th best individiual performance I have seen at this level for a very long time - his goal that day was my goal of the season, managed to single handedly beat the entire brizzle defence.... pity Basso had a game equalling GTF's that day otherwise you would have hammered em...

Yeah I was at ashton gate that day and he was in centre midfield. He ran the show for us, we should have won by 4 or 5 with the chances we had. His goal was class, typical Town letting in 90th min equalizer.