Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!

The clock's still ticking, there's only five days left to secure transfers and there's not even a sniff of news on the official site.

I'm concerned, very concerned over the lack of activity.

We're effectively 3 wins from a Play-Off place so there's still every chance of doing it. We shipped out Ricketts because of his form, the boo boys or something else and with Hughes and Davies missing a game each, we're threadbare as a squad. Add to the fact that Davies' form is on the dip and chances go begging game after game.

We've brought in a decent amount of income from the Cup Run, there's the budget from the Kilkenny and Bertrand wages and we still can't secure a player or two. The news filtered out from BP is that targets have excessive demands and asking the earth; admittedly all this is coming from the Chron but surely this is expected, is it not?

What about the "contacts" we have within the game where a loan can be subsidised? It's happening all over the league with other clubs so why not with us? Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and even QPR - clubs where the owners regularly speak with according to past newsfeeds - so why not a favour or two where we give their stiffs valuable experience?

We haven't even shipped in a trialist or two for a run out in a reserve game......

Another good player missed out on Lee Barnard has joined Southend from Spurs, he was on loan at Crewe this season and the best player on the pitch when we played them at BP in the league.

Agree, he was mom by a mile. Never stopped running, ok his goal was a fortuitous one, but kept our back-line occupied all game and Crossley made two or three decent saves from him too.

The clock's still ticking, there's only five days left to secure transfers and there's not even a sniff of news on the official site.

We're effectively 3 wins from a Play-Off place so there's still every chance of doing it. We shipped out Ricketts because of his form, the boo boys or something else and with Hughes and Davies missing a game each, we're threadbare as a squad. Add to the fact that Davies' form is on the dip and chances go begging game after game.

We've brought in a decent amount of income from the Cup Run, there's the budget from the Kilkenny and Bertrand wages and we still can't secure a player or two. The news filtered out from BP is that targets have excessive demands and asking the earth; admittedly all this is coming from the Chron but surely this is expected, is it not?

What about the "contacts" we have within the game where a loan can be subsidised? It's happening all over the league with other clubs so why not with us? Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and even QPR - clubs where the owners regularly speak with according to past newsfeeds - so why not a favour or two where we give their stiffs valuable experience?

We haven't even shipped in a trialist or two for a run out in a reserve game......

I think if we don't hear anything within the next 2 or 3 days, then expect a spate of 2nd choice non-league/division 2 desperation signings on the very last day. My concern isn't that we won't get anybody in. I more worried about the quality of the signings

Edited by laticsmad

I think if we don't hear anything within the next 2 or 3 days, then expect a spate of 2nd choice non-league/division 2 desperation signings on the very last day. My concern isn't that we won't get anybody in. I more worried about the quality of the signings

But that would be contrary to what Shez said:

I won’t just sign anyone – they have to be players who will help us – but I want three to come in and give us a boost."

“I won’t just sign anyone – they have to be players who will help us – but I want three to come in and give us a boost."

shez has said that he may be forced to sign youth players who may cost less but are not his first choice. OK, maybe desperate is the wrong word but certainly not ideal--which is a shame.

Edited by laticsmad

I won’t just sign anyone – they have to be players who will help us – but I want three to come in and give us a boost."

Hmmmm Malonga (or whatever is name) instantly springs to mind along with a few others who were desperate signings just to bring bums (and the true meaning of the word) into the squad.

Another good player missed out on Lee Barnard has joined Southend from Spurs, he was on loan at Crewe this season and the best player on the pitch when we played them at BP in the league.

Team up with me Coco, we can build an exciting team together.

Your money used of course to buy them. :wink:

We're effectively 3 wins from a Play-Off place so there's still every chance of doing it, or two defeats and a cup run (causing us to fall further behind) away from being in deep doggy doo, not to mention injuries and suspensions (already reaping the benfits of indiscipline and daft bookings from our ONLY two strikers), i'm convinced our lack of foresight will see us get dragged into the dog-fight at the bottom, exactly as it did during 04/05, when despite our cup heroics, once we were knocked out we went on a pisspoor run of 7 straight defeats, and this team is just as capable of such a run in my opinion especially as we struggle enough to score one goal never mind the two you need to invariably win a game.............

4 days to go Tick, tick, tick

Malongo, Facey, Cooper, Jepson...............

We're moving forward this season don't yer know? Not on the friggin' field though.......

Edited by oafcprozac

We're effectively 3 wins from a Play-Off place so there's still every chance of doing it, or two defeats and a cup run (causing us to fall further behind) away from being in deep doggy doo, not to mention injuries and suspensions (already reaping the benfits of indiscipline and daft bookings from our ONLY two strikers), i'm convinced our lack of foresight will see us get dragged into the dog-fight at the bottom, exactly as it did during 04/05, when despite our cup heroics, once we were knocked out we went on a pisspoor run of 7 straight defeats, and this team is just as capable of such a run in my opinion especially as we struggle enough to score one goal never mind the two you need to invariably win a game.............

4 days to go Tick, tick, tick

Malongo, Facey, Cooper, Jepson...............

We're moving forward this season don't yer know? Not on the friggin' field though.......

Did you eat Coco's soul Prozac? This team is not even comparable with the one that last those 7 games on the trot. We had nothing to offer but kids who were fading badly as the season wore on. We are weak in numbers but there is experience and ability all round the squad. We really are only a few players away from being a very useful side.

Did you eat Coco's soul Prozac? This team is not even comparable with the one that last those 7 games on the trot. We had nothing to offer but kids who were fading badly as the season wore on. We are weak in numbers but there is experience and ability all round the squad. We really are only a few players away from being a very useful side.

Eardley

Lomax

Taylor

Trotman

Smalley

Davies

All likely to start tomorrow and all under 22

Back up on the bench (and our only subs at the moment)

Wolfy

Allessandra

Black

Team vs Hudds in 2005

Oldham: Pogliacomi ,Bonner (Boshell ,78 ) ,Stam ,Haining ,Griffin (Eyres ,60 ) ,Bruce ,Appleby ,Hall (Branston ,45 ) ,Hughes ,Killen ,Betsy

Not really a team of kids was it? Some decent players in that line up too.

We're not a couple of players away from a decent side, we're several players away from the bare mimium to keep us out of a relegation dog-fight........

Edited by oafcprozac

Team up with me Coco, we can build an exciting team together.

Your money used of course to buy them. :wink:

our connections with man city and sheff weds over the years make them the favourites to get players from either on loan or signed, also means they arent that far away so players dont have to up root their families. expect someone in the next 5 days.

We're not a couple of players away from a decent side, we're several players away from the bare mimium to keep us out of a relegation dog-fight........

Thats balls prozac. With the team we have now we are as close to a play-off spot as we are to a relegation dog-fight,yes we've lost bertand but we don't have a problem at the back so the only real loss is Kilkenny and personally I don't think he warranted becoming our top paid player.

A new striker and a winger and we can push onto battle for a play off spot. Even without these signings if the players we have play to potential and get a bit of luck I believe we wont be far off

Thats balls prozac. With the team we have now we are as close to a play-off spot as we are to a relegation dog-fight,yes we've lost bertand but we don't have a problem at the back so the only real loss is Kilkenny and personally I don't think he warranted becoming our top paid player.

A new striker and a winger and we can push onto battle for a play off spot. Even without these signings if the players we have play to potential and get a bit of luck I believe we wont be far off

You're dreaming this team is going no where this season. The fabled striker and winger haven't arrived and if they do and lets be realistic they're likely to be kids IF they do arrive, that have to learn their trade. If you think we're going to do a 'Blackpool' then you are delusional. Blackpool spent a fair bit, remember we ummed and ahhed about Morrell, they gambled and it paid off. I'd love us to go on a fantastic run but we'd need to win 14 games (MINIMUM) to have a chance of getting anywhere near the play offs. If you think we're capable of doing that you're barmy.

You're dreaming this team is going no where this season. The fabled striker and winger haven't arrived and if they do and lets be realistic they're likely to be kids IF they do arrive, that have to learn their trade. If you think we're going to do a 'Blackpool' then you are delusional. Blackpool spent a fair bit, remember we ummed and ahhed about Morrell, they gambled and it paid off. I'd love us to go on a fantastic run but we'd need to win 14 games (MINIMUM) to have a chance of getting anywhere near the play offs. If you think we're capable of doing that you're barmy.

I agree I don't think we will make the play-offs this season but i certainly don't think we'll drop into a relegation dog-fight. We have the makings of a good young team, who when play to their potential can match anyone in this league. Our problem this season has clearly been our home form, this could all change with a couple of home wins and the confidence that brings.

good thread..........i tried this type of very relevant thread a few days back and got mainly slated for doing so.......why??........well although you have mentioned very similar concerns as i did, ie; missing out on players.......i made the fatal mistake of actually pointing the finger of blame at shez himself......ooh, BIG MISTAKE !!!

but then again.....he does happen to be our manager ??

good thread..........i tried this type of very relevant thread a few days back and got mainly slated for doing so.......why??........well although you have mentioned very similar concerns as i did, ie; missing out on players.......i made the fatal mistake of actually pointing the finger of blame at shez himself......ooh, BIG MISTAKE !!!

It may be because people are wary that part of the reason we are still in this league is the constant chopping and changing of managers over the last decade or so. I feel that what is required is a period of stability. Shez is inexperienced and has made mistakes. I feel though that there have been signs of him trying to produce a team that plays football the right way and is capable of some remarkable results. Given time and experience I believe that the extra level of consistency currently lacking will come. When you give a manager his first step on the managerial ladder you have to accept that he is not the finished article. I am not over concerned at the lack of transfer activity as I don't believe that we will go up, or go down this season with the current squad (only my opinion, of course) . We are surely therefore better waiting for some additional quality in the Summer rather than panicking now.

I'm not suggesting you have said "Shez out". I'm merely trying to suggest why people may have slated your previous posts - It may be a fear that such posts start to snowball and before we know it we are looking for a new manager (again).

Eardley

Lomax

Taylor

Trotman

Smalley

Davies

All likely to start tomorrow and all under 22

Back up on the bench (and our only subs at the moment)

Wolfy

Allessandra

Black

Team vs Hudds in 2005

Oldham: Pogliacomi ,Bonner (Boshell ,78 ) ,Stam ,Haining ,Griffin (Eyres ,60 ) ,Bruce ,Appleby ,Hall (Branston ,45 ) ,Hughes ,Killen ,Betsy

Not really a team of kids was it? Some decent players in that line up too.

To be fair OP....what you've clearly missed is that we had a complete and utter :censored: in charge back then who didn't know his A from his E and was taking us down the garden path to League Two :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Elding of Stockport could be on the move to Hartlepool in the next few days for around £200k.

Said as though you think we should be in for him....if you think that, you really do need a lie down!!! Any manager taking a punt on that :censored: needs a good talking to!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...4&hl=elding

http://www.football.co.uk/stockport_county...ng_254081.shtml

One minute some fans talk about the disloyalty of players like Wellens and KK, the next they then say that a player like this lad might be worth a look.

I can swallow most players thinking about the money side of contracts that come about in football, but I seriously can't swallow a lower league player doing an Ashley Cole like that. That's got to be the most disloyal of the lot....signs from non-league in January and 9 months later he's trying to instigate a move elsewhere.....I wonder what Stockport fans think of him. Maybe they're ok with him if he's still banging in the goals. I reckon we stay clear in my book though.

Edited by wardlelatic