any rumours in papers?

Where the flip to "no ground, no fans, £3m in debt" albion get £300k from!

Incidentally - says in the paper Showumni was only going to Leeds for £200k... says he is going to charlton now... but shows there are still some bargains out there...

For clubs which aren't called Oldham Ahtletic.

Think murray was on a 3yr deal and they dont need the money - so got a lot

If teams are going to pay 300k for peope like Glen Murray, then perhaps that shows why Shezz cant attract any quality for me 300k is far to much for a striker unproven at this level and has only really had one good season with dale.

If teams are going to pay 300k for peope like Glen Murray, then perhaps that shows why Shezz cant attract any quality for me 300k is far to much for a striker unproven at this level and has only really had one good season with dale.

it doesnt really matter whether he is good bad or indifferent,they asked a price,got told what it would take and they paid,its that simple.

everybody questioned how much we paid for porter,but he did ok,the only stab in the back was his and his agents greedyness.

players prices have always been over inflated,but the club with the player are in the best position if other clubs want them.

It's all about taking chances with "unproven" players. Obviously, Brighton have had him watched and think he is worth the risk.

Albion chairman Richard Knight said, "We fixed our sights on Glenn a year ago and Barry Lloyd and our scouts have watched him regularly since. After weeks of negotiations, we're delighted to have clinched this deal.

We desperately need a striker and I feel that a player from a lower league, who is scoring on a regular basis, is preferable to a rookie from the Championship or Premiership who is playing in the reserves. Problem is, so do other clubs and we don't seem to do well in the face of competition! Murray might have been a good shout for us, as he was already settled in the area.

It's a shame that Ricketts was shipped out, because what looked like a potent strike force in the making, never had chance to be tried out.

I know Shez is working hard to get players in, but when negotiations have been exhausted, I think the fans should be informed as to who we have tried for. They don't have to go into minute detail, but it may come across better than just bemoaning our luck and leaving it at that.

Guest oa_exile

:sleeping: The only Latics "related" i have seen today is The Richards saga "Again" in the NOTW , he wants £75K @week Citeh only offering £50K @week...... :blahblah:

Newcastle and Chelski waiting with bids of £25M. :blahblah:

:blahblah: ..................... :sleeping:

:sleeping: The only Latics "related" i have seen today is The Richards saga "Again" in the NOTW , he wants £75K @week Citeh only offering £50K @week...... :blahblah:

Newcastle and Chelski waiting with bids of £25M. :blahblah:

:blahblah: ..................... :sleeping:

That tells you all that is wrong with football today. A 19year old and not happy with £50k a bleeding week. That's more than most of us earn in 2 years!!!!!!!

I really hope my Mon or Tues of deadline week prediction comes true. I really don't think there'd have been the same furore over making signings this past 7 days if....

a) Hughes hadn't been suspended for yesterday or

b.) We'd not have been playing in the FACR4

We notoriously wait for the last week to get signings in....whether that's right or wrong....just what we do. The need is a bit more desperate than normal (highlighted ever more so yesterday) but for me and many others, nowt was ever going to happen until this coming week. Sadly though, the above two points are why I feel some have got a bit carried away this past week on the lack of signings front.

Roll on this week and some new signings.....and not the female, dancer variety (unless fans can hire them out for personal HT dances :grin:)

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm really not getting this sign a striker thing.

Yes we need one as we are short of options up front especially when either Davies or Hughes are missing, but we could have Ruud Van Nistlerooy up front but he wouldn't score as we have absolutly no creativity in the team whatsoever. Until we either get a creative midfield player, or some wide players who can get to the line and put a decent cross in it won't matter who the hell plays up front, we will not score!!

I'm really not getting this sign a striker thing.

Yes we need one as we are short of options up front especially when either Davies or Hughes are missing, but we could have Ruud Van Nistlerooy up front but he wouldn't score as we have absolutly no creativity in the team whatsoever. Until we either get a creative midfield player, or some wide players who can get to the line and put a decent cross in it won't matter who the hell plays up front, we will not score!!

But that is the problem, when Plan A of passing it isn't working we need at least some form of a Plan B, which would be a battering ram type of striker, whom Davies or Hughes could feed off.

I really hope my Mon or Tues of deadline week prediction comes true. I really don't think there'd have been the same furore over making signings this past 7 days if....

a) Hughes hadn't been suspended for yesterday or

b.) We'd not have been playing in the FACR4

We notoriously wait for the last week to get signings in....whether that's right or wrong....just what we do. The need is a bit more desperate than normal (highlighted ever more so yesterday) but for me and many others, nowt was ever going to happen until this coming week. Sadly though, the above two points are why I feel some have got a bit carried away this past week on the lack of signings front.

Roll on this week and some new signings.....and not the female, dancer variety (unless fans can hire them out for personal HT dances :grin:)

The fact that we didn’t have Hughes and were playing in the FA Cup highlighted an existent problem. Through lack of preparation the club has shot itself in the foot in terms of attracting new fans and further revenue in the cup.

The club has hedged a lot of bets this year on the likes of Kilkenny, Ricketts and Hughes. Yet none were there yesterday and we had no real cover for any of them. For that reason you have got to ask why we have waited until the last week in Jan to sign anyone (if we sign anyone).

For me TTA, Shez as well as the players all need to put their hands up and take responsibility for the loss on Saturday.