Wear Tangerine at home vs Carlisle

It's psychological now....this not winning at home. Whether it's Shez's tactics, the players scared of making mistakes, the home fans....I couldn't give a :censored: to be honest. Ok, Shez could change his tactics, but the mindset of the kids playing for us and home fans won't change.

If it's in the regs that we can do it.....we've had so much success in the Tangerine this season (maybe Fergie had a point on the kit colour :wink:) let's try it at home. In the past, we've seen managers drive players away then back to the ground to simulate an away game...what could do it more than playing in the away shirt? What've we to lose by trying it?

Might be a desperate measure.....but who cares? Give it a go I say!

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's psychological now....this not winning at home. Whether it's Shez's tactics, the players scared of making mistakes, the home fans....I couldn't give a :censored: to be honest. Ok, Shez could change his tactics, but the mindset of the kids playing for us and home fans won't change.

If it's in the regs that we can do it.....we've had so much success in the Tangerine this season (maybe Fergie had a point on the kit colour :wink:) let's try it at home. In the past, we've seen managers drive players away then back to the ground to simulate an away game...what could do it more than playing in the away shirt? What've we to lose by trying it?

To take this a step further...................

We could give up the other three sides of the ground to the Carlisle fans and all the Latics fans can sit in the RRE. The police could then keep you all in for 20 minutes after the match (or not!!).

The teams can switch dressing rooms.

Shez and the subs sit in the away dugout.

Don't play "Mouldy Old Dough" before the match.

Get someone with a north Cumbrian accent to make the announcements over the PA.

Ask Joe Laidlaw or Jimmy Glass to make the half time draw.

Anyone who iintends going to the match should set out at least two hours earlier than they usually do for a home game.

It's worth trying anything to get us a home win :D

We could give up the other three sides of the ground to the Carlisle fans and all the Latics fans can sit in the RRE. The police could then keep you all in for 20 minutes after the match (or not!!).

Love it!!

I've said in other posts about take the players on a ride round the northwest on the team coach.

Also, establish a singing section behind the goal in the Chaddy (so that it's like being at an away match).

All the moaners stay at home... :blink: ... maybe not, we need their cash, as it's just as good as anyone else's...

It's psychological now....this not winning at home.

If it's in the regs that we can do it.....we've had so much success in the Tangerine this season (maybe Fergie had a point on the kit colour :wink:) let's try it at home.

It may not be pshychological - it may be the simple fact that the players can see better who they're passing to when wearing tangerine. Can't wait for them to pass to the stewards next season!

It may not be pshychological - it may be the simple fact that the players can see better who they're passing to when wearing tangerine. Can't wait for them to pass to the stewards next season!

There may be some mileage in this shirt business. I went to watch Chonburi play Jonbuk Hyundai Motors (Korea) in a pre season friendly on Sunday and the visitors were wearing a fluorescent green kit. My word did they stand out under the floodlights!!

There may be some mileage in this shirt business. I went to watch Chonburi play Jonbuk Hyundai Motors (Korea) in a pre season friendly on Sunday and the visitors were wearing a fluorescent green kit. My word did they stand out under the floodlights!!

I've been saying this for years, well since our last fantastic away record under Dowie when we wore yellow shirts. Who cares if the replica kit is naff as long as the team gets the three points. I don't think it is a coincidence that we are doing so well away in another kit that stands out so much in a players peripheral vision, maybe the extra split second they get before they (hoof it long, joke!) pass it to a team mate helps.

Having said that, the home hoodoo affects all teams sooner or later, it is a part of football. To use the cliche they are usually broken when the team scores off a players backside, shame Gregan is out, we could do with his massif arse now!

Bring on the Carlisle, we do well against the top teams so tonight should be a home banker. Right, I am off to have my bumps felt.

I've been saying this for years, well since our last fantastic away record under Dowie when we wore yellow shirts. Who cares if the replica kit is naff as long as the team gets the three points. I don't think it is a coincidence that we are doing so well away in another kit that stands out so much in a players peripheral vision, maybe the extra split second they get before they (hoof it long, joke!) pass it to a team mate helps.

Having said that, the home hoodoo affects all teams sooner or later, it is a part of football. To use the cliche they are usually broken when the team scores off a players backside, shame Gregan is out, we could do with his massif arse now!

Bring on the Carlisle, we do well against the top teams so tonight should be a home banker. Right, I am off to have my bumps felt.

I think that this is the reason that Don Revie changed the L**ds kit to white (and not the myth that he wanted them to look like Real Madrid). The thinking being that white is easier to pick out in a split second. It's also why Jack Charlton introduced the broad white band to the front of the Middlesbrough shirt in the early '70's.

And, I believe, why teams choose to wear white socks. However, as our home home socks are white this doesn't appear to be working for us!!

Don't play "Mouldy Old Dough" before the match.

Get someone with a north Cumbrian accent to make the announcements over the PA.

Ask Joe Laidlaw or Jimmy Glass to make the half time draw.

Anyone who iintends going to the match should set out at least two hours earlier than they usually do for a home game.

What and implement change? I don't think certain older/negative sections of the ground would approve, then again it would get us in the spotlight

Thought after beating Everton in round 3 wearing tangerine we should have worn it against Hudds in round 4 TBH!