From LW commentary....

Think we put in a good effort by the sounds of today. Ok, it's hard to gauge an opinion from commentary, but I think we held it nice and tight until the own goal and I reckon we might've got away with a 0-0 but for it. Once we changed it to chase the game, we got the equaliser and then just couldn't go back to tightening it up. A shame....but we can't beat everyone on the road. A gallant effort against the league leaders.....unlucky lads!

Onto next week....onwards and upwards!

Only heard the last ten mins or so (guess who forgot it was a 2pm ko :lol: ).

Sounds like we gave it a go. Swansea are THE form side of the division, so any points at all would have been a bonus. A narrow 2-1 defeat ... well I guess it goes some way to balancing out our slightly fortunate 2-1 win first day of the season! :grin:

Wardle sent me a text we are desperate for some new fire power up front ............. seems the missing link now.

Like I said on the chat though...we went playing 1 upfront though really....Davies more wide, Lewis up top. Weren't really in it for many goals today, if any. A point would've been a decent result. If we'd played with 2 upfront, we possibly would've looked more threatening. Wouldn't read too much into today about our firepower....I think our improved midfield will improve the firepower against lesser mortals than the league leaders. One hopes :wink:

PS Another striker would be nice though, don't get me wrong.....but I think Hughes and Davies will score many more this season with our improved midfield and think we'll see that over the next few games.

Only heard the last ten mins or so (guess who forgot it was a 2pm ko :lol: ).

Sounds like we gave it a go. Swansea are THE form side of the division, so any points at all would have been a bonus. A narrow 2-1 defeat ... well I guess it goes some way to balancing out our slightly fortunate 2-1 win first day of the season! :grin:

pretty even stevens by the sounds of things.always nice to go away to top of league and not get battered.

funny though,we win at home and now we end the away run....lets hope we can carry on winning at home and nicking draws or sneaking a win away.

one new striker arriving and i feel were not far off.

Guest oa_exile
PS Another striker would be nice though, don't get me wrong.....but I think Hughes and Davies will score many more this season with our improved midfield and think we'll see that over the next few games.

Think we need that "Extra Option" though BB , Shez will sign a Striker on loan , i am sure of it

Think we need that "Extra Option" though BB , Shez will sign a Striker on loan , i am sure of it

Indeed....I can see the following happening TBH....

Also, once Sheff Weds injury issues clears up, we might still get the uses of Clarke without shelling out £200k. Ok, only for 3mths, but still...better than nowt if the goals don't come.

Be happy with that if it happens (even happier for those who call hit fat, lazy and useless :grin:)

Guest sheridans_world

Clarke is fat, lazy and useless and i will maintain this stance until he proves me wrong. Which wont happen because he is fat, lazy and useless.

Guest oa_exile
Indeed....I can see the following happening TBH....

Be happy with that if it happens (even happier for those who call hit fat, lazy and useless :grin:)

"IF" he comes on loan hairy muff i can cope , then we will see IF he is worth £200K and a contarct at £3.5K @ week :)

Guest sheridans_world
:grin: And scores goals :grin:

Rarely :lol:

He had a good day at Brentford for us and thats it. Even in that game his swagger on the pitch was unbearable. I watched Sheff Wed vs. Sheff Utd the other day, he should have had three and all three were sitters!! He really is a Rickett's style billy-big balls.

Guest oa_exile
As far as I'm concerned, Keigan Parker should be the top target.

With all the baggage that comes with it ? , he is also more of a wide man than an out and out Striker.

Rarely :lol:

He had a good day at Brentford for us and thats it. Even in that game his swagger on the pitch was unbearable. I watched Sheff Wed vs. Sheff Utd the other day, he should have had three and all three were sitters!! He really is a Rickett's style billy-big balls.

Lol...just talking to a mate about Clarke on MSN...says he was very handy in that derby and for a player not getting games, did very well. Deserved a goal. I'm sure Ritchie, Palmer and Bunn never missed sitters.

Oh and....3 goals in 5 games for us last season....all games we were unbeaten...

3-03-2007 Football League One Carlisle 1-1 Oldham 0

11-03-2007 Football League One Oldham 4-0 Doncaster - Scored 1

17-03-2007 Football League One Leyton Orient 2-2 Oldham 0

25-03-2007 Football League One Brentford 2-2 Oldham - Scored 2

31-03-2007 Football League One Oldham 1-0 Yeovil

Fat, lazy and useless....carry on :grin:....no doubt he had nothing to do with us on that run. Just like "billy-big balls" Ricketts has had nothing to do with Walsalls unbeaten run of 17 games. NB: Before anyone points to Walsall's defeat today...he didn't play in it.

No wonder we don't go anywhere in this division.....It's amazing how when we get decent players at BP, they're still called crap.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol...just talking to a mate about Clarke on MSN...says he was very handy in that derby and for a player not getting games, did very well. Deserved a goal. I'm sure Ritchie, Palmer and Bunn never missed sitters.

Oh and....3 goals in 5 games for us last season....all games we were unbeaten...

3-03-2007 Football League One Carlisle 1-1 Oldham 0

11-03-2007 Football League One Oldham 4-0 Doncaster - Scored 1

17-03-2007 Football League One Leyton Orient 2-2 Oldham 0

25-03-2007 Football League One Brentford 2-2 Oldham - Scored 2

31-03-2007 Football League One Oldham 1-0 Yeovil

Fat, lazy and useless....carry on :grin:....no doubt he had nothing to do with us on that run. Just like "billy-big balls" Ricketts has had nothing to do with Walsalls unbeaten run of 17 games. NB: Before anyone points to Walsall's defeat today...he didn't play in it.

No wonder we don't go anywhere in this division.....It's amazing how when we get decent players at BP, they're still called crap.

In the Orient game didnt he have 2 rules out which should have stood?

Wardle sent me a text we are desperate for some new fire power up front ............. seems the missing link now.

Wardle sent me a Facebook message and said we need to drop Stammy!!!!!!!! :shock:

Don't know whether he was winding me up though coz he knows I have a soft spot for him!

It did sound like we held our own for the majority of the game.

The commentator seemed to think Davies wound their fans and players up so that didn't help, as it made the atmosphere more volatile.

Unlucky boys! :chubb:

Wardle sent me a Facebook message and said we need to drop Stammy!!!!!!!! :shock:

Don't know whether he was winding me up though coz he knows I have a soft spot for him!

The commentator seemed to think Davies wound their fans and players up so that didn't help, as it made the atmosphere more volatile.

Stam will be dropped if/when Gregan returns.

Stam will be dropped if/when Gregan returns.

I fear so, but I hope not. I don't think Gregan, quality that he is when his head is on it, should walk right back in. Stam's form is up and down at the moment and he can give some silly fouls away, but he has been part of a side doing a lot better than early season and a solid display on Tuesday vs Carlisle was nice to see. No silly fouls. I hope the following month or so will see him rise to the occassion. If he can find top form before Greegs is fit, then he should keep his place.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I fear so, but I hope not. I don't think Gregan, quality that he is when his head is on it, should walk right back in. Stam's form is up and down at the moment and he can give some silly fouls away, but he has been part of a side doing a lot better than early season and a solid display on Tuesday vs Carlisle was nice to see. No silly fouls. I hope the following month or so will see him rise to the occassion. If he can find top form before Greegs is fit, then he should keep his place.

I like Gregan a lot. I think he has a massive influence on the team around him. But nobody should walk straight back into the team (except maybe Hughes, because let's face it, who's going to keep him out, fit or not?)

For me though, Stam is always prone to mistakes. Don't get me wrong, on his day he's outstanding but, even when he's on his game, he's more than 'capable' of costing us a goal with a slip up.

And with Stam's injury record, it would be almost inevitable that Greegs would be offered the chance to win back his place.

Mr sex on legs did not have his best game today

Played well today by all accounts maybe on another day would have got a point. That said not too despondent.

I still think Clarke is the guy we should sign,cant believe some of the negativety towards him,but then again thats football all about opinions.His goal ratio in this league is as good as you could expect.And from what I remember he caused us problems at home when we played Southend.I would certainley prefer him to Moore even though he wold cost us more. There arnt too many strikers around with his qualities at price we can afford ,Murray might have been a good shout but not at 300k,Elding was another one but he hasnt done it at this level,wether he does at Leeds remains to be seen .Be interesting to see who Shezz comes up with.I think Parker is beyond our resources

Robert

Yes, we could and should have held on for a point, and yes, we did compete well against a very good team bang in form.

BUT Swans should have done better with all the attcking threat they created. The main difference between us and them was that while we had limited options up front, they had plenty. They always had extra men positioned strategically around our box, so when something didn't work, they could pass back and put a ball through to an unmarked man. Without another solid performance from Reuben, who was everywhere and my MOTM, we could have been exposed and a bigger defeat was on the card. He did well against the big targetman in Jason Scotland, especially in the first half. But his yellow card, harshly given in my view, made him more tentative late in the game and made us more vulnerable at the back. Their first goal was created when for the first time Scotland was able to run clear of defence into the box and his low cross was cruelly deflected by advancing McDonald. Their second was bit of a farce, with two half clearances from Stammy and someone else falling neatly to Swansea. It was a definite penalty, right at our end, and Davies was clearly clipped just inside the box. The late penalty appeal in the injury time could have been given, but was nowhere near as clear cut.

Still, good combative performance, and yes, we need a striker!!! :shock: