• England no matter what
    • Wales
    • Wales if ONE of ours PLAYERS plays
    • Wales if they both play
    • I will be flicking like mad
    • Coronation Street
    • Both England and Wales as I have 2 TVs downstairs and Sky multiroom
    • I will be watching the Reserves against West Brom

On another note, I can see why James is in the squad he's the best of a very average lot of English keepers. Surprised at Green's omission though, he and James have been the most consistent this season.

I never been a fan of James since Redders caught him off his line twice in the same game at BP. But I have to say, he's been this best English keeper I've seen this season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen James thanks....I severely hopes he gives someone like Carson a go and a few games to grow into the position (unlike :censored:, who throws him in for Englands biggest game in years vs Croatia.)

It's Green's turn now, and it beggars belief that he's not even in the squad.

It's Green's turn now, and it beggars belief that he's not even in the squad.

Despite his mistakes James has been the most consistent goalkeeper in the Prem for at least the last 4-5 years. Ok he made a mistake in Austria but how many did Seaman make over the years. If James had been first choice in the Euro qualifiers I'm sure we would have got something at home and away vs Croatia and therefore qualified. I'm sure we would've got at least a point in Russia too as one of the goals was a pisspoor parry from Robinson.

Go to agree about Green...he's been superb this season. Behind a worse defence than what James gets protection from. I'd have him in first above anyone, but I say Carson as he's been selected. But we know what will happen....James back in....usual cock up in big game. Personally, I actually feel sorry for Robinson....he's made one (albeit huge) error vs Croatia and he's been witch-hunted like :censored: leading onto other errors. And been turned into an average keeper IMO. For me, Robinson had been the "the most consistent goalkeeper in the Prem for at least the last 4-5 years" but that Croatia away game has seen a top English GK crucified. On to the next sacrificial lamb....but not James....please, not James!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Personally, I actually feel sorry for Robinson....he's made one (albeit huge) error vs Croatia and he's been witch-hunted like :censored: leading onto other errors. And been turned into an average keeper IMO.

If you mean the air-shot, you could argue that it wasn't an error at all - but he has been very shaky for England and Spurs for quite some time now. The point about top level goalkeepers though is surely that they are able to take the pressure and still make good decisions? They are always going to have the odd howler, it was James' mental weakness that kept him from the top spot for years, not his lack of ability. If Robinson can't take the heat, he should get out of the goalmouth.

If you mean the air-shot, you could argue that it wasn't an error at all - but he has been very shaky for England and Spurs for quite some time now. The point about top level goalkeepers though is surely that they are able to take the pressure and still make good decisions? They are always going to have the odd howler, it was James' mental weakness that kept him from the top spot for years, not his lack of ability. If Robinson can't take the heat, he should get out of the goalmouth.

It most certainly was an error - just not Robinson's. If you back-pass towards the goal then that will happen, admittedly very rarely. If you back-pass to the side of the goal the worst you will give away is a corner. I don't think there's anything to be gained by naming and shaming the real culprit :wink:

It most certainly was an error - just not Robinson's. If you back-pass towards the goal then that will happen, admittedly very rarely. If you back-pass to the side of the goal the worst you will give away is a corner. I don't think there's anything to be gained by naming and shaming the real culprit :wink:

I think Neville Neville would prefer one of his sons being named in order to protect the good (?) name of the other. :grin:

I never been a fan of James since Redders caught him off his line twice in the same game at BP. But I have to say, he's been this best English keeper I've seen this season.

Pointon and Eyresy both caught him on his line but managed to score direct from corners. Eyresy's doesn't appear in the record books (I've looked!) but the Citeh fans agreed to a man/woman that it was a valid goal.

Pointon and Eyresy both caught him on his line but managed to score direct from corners. Eyresy's doesn't appear in the record books (I've looked!) but the Citeh fans agreed to a man/woman that it was a valid goal.

It was a free kick by Eyrsey wasn't it? And IIRC Haining did jump within 3 feet of the poor lamb.

• 3 weeks later...