Oh what a shirt!

Guest oa_exile
Is the guy next to Steele, Branagan? or am I in an entirely different universe?

Jim played for us in the middle seventies , this is early eighties

Sorry mate but the umbro diamonds were before this one

He is only right you know.

Just got my book out, diamonds were 79/80 and 80/81 season.

The pic is from 81/82 (still older than I thought though). The only player that we haven't got that played a first team game for us was (Neil?) Firm. Wylde bagged 16 in 34 games for us.

The following season was the same shirt but with the Lees barrel on it.

KtF,

Derek.

He is only right you know.

Just got my book out, diamonds were 79/80 and 80/81 season.

The pic is from 81/82 (still older than I thought though). The only player that we haven't got that played a first team game for us was (Neil?) Firm. Wylde bagged 16 in 34 games for us.

The following season was the same shirt but with the Lees barrel on it.

KtF,

Derek.

Thought the diamonds was before this but wasn't sure - think the diamonds was a classic shirt.

Neil Firm came on loan from Leeds built like a brick "house" a real stopper if there was one but useless apart from that, is how I remember him, so we sent him back!

I would never have got those 2 in a month of Sundays!

Mark Cooper - He'd been on amateur forms for a few years by the time the photo was taken. Played in the centre of defence for the reserves. Signed pro at the age of 21.

I can't find any reference to Andy Birchenough, even in the 81-82 Official Year Book

All off the top of my head of course, I haven't still got my programmes out after searching for Banik Ostrava!

Thought the diamonds was before this but wasn't sure - think the diamonds was a classic shirt.

Neil Firm came on loan from Leeds built like a brick "house" a real stopper if there was one but useless apart from that, is how I remember him, so we sent him back!

Was he the guy that always had really rosy cheeks? A bit of a pre-cursor to Andy Linighan if you will.

Oh, and I have added some more old pics to the IOM 87 thread for anyone that is interested.

KtF,

Derek.

Was he the guy that always had really rosy cheeks? A bit of a pre-cursor to Andy Linighan if you will.

Oh, and I have added some more old pics to the IOM 87 thread for anyone that is interested.

KtF,

Derek.

It might be Derek. This black & white photo won't help though http://www.leedsfans.org.uk/leeds/players/124.html

I always mention Neil in my "worst player" polls so I think we did better with Linighan! In fact, poor Neil could be our "worst signing from Leeds" (sounds like a possible separate thread) as they usually let us have all the best ones, don't they?

Cheers,

Mart

Nick Sinclair!

My word the years have been kind to him. :grin:

I worked with him for a few years upto about 2 or 3 years ago when he moved jobs. Absolutely fantastic bloke, intelligent too. Happy to talk about footy, but I got the feeling he was still a little bitter (maybe too harsh a word but you understand what I mean) that injury cut his career short.

Edited by garcon