Oh What A Shirt # 9

hkj002.jpg

For the younger lads and lasses on here:

Back Row L-R: Rick Holden, Redfearn, Andy Holden, Donachie, Irwin, Moulden

Middle: Ronnie Evans (kit manager and Ass. Physio, Billy Urmson, Williams, Adams, Henry, Hallworth, Rhodes, Warhurst, Ritchie, Liversidge (physio)

Front Row: McGarvey, Palmer, Marshall, Milligan, Royle, Barrett, Barlow, Bunn, Heseltine

Gentleman I salute you all, happy days when we were unbeatable on Plastic Paradise!

:imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

For the younger lads and lasses on here:

Back Row L-R: Rick Holden, Redfearn, Andy Holden, Donachie, Irwin, Moulden

Middle: Ronnie Evans (kit manager and Ass. Physio, Billy Urmson, Williams, Adams, Henry, Hallworth, Rhodes, Warhurst, Ritchie, Liversidge (physio)

Front Row: McGarvey, Palmer, Marshall, Milligan, Royle, Barrett, Barlow, Bunn, Heseltine

Gentleman I salute you all, happy days when we were unbeatable on Plastic Paradise!

:imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

Aye, Fantastic on Plastic.

The sight of the enclosure fence around the RRE reminds how pathetic it was for keeping the away fans in at the end of the match. And the grass pitch at the top provided away fans with a nice spot for a half-time kickabout. You don't get that in the Prem. or anywhere else these days... :grin:

He was Andy 'hamstring' Ritchie's personal physio.

His injury record bordered from the niggly to the ridiculous, always missed at least 15 games a season with various muscle strains and even a broken wrist in pre-season one year. Then from late '91 to early '93 barely played due to a major back operation. If he'd have played only 25% more games than he did he would've smashed Palmer's record. In his pomp from early '88-April '91 the guy was awesome, scored every type of goal, but unlike the 'Dodger' would score 'stooping' headers rather than diving headers on the plastic. The teams Ritchie was part of had goals running all the way through it. Barrett, Henry and Milligan, Holden, Adams, Wright, Bunn, Marshall, Redfearn, The Dodger and of course Stitch. Pisses me off when I see the sterile crap we see too often these days. Most of those boys would shoot on sight. Too many players we've had over the susbsequent barren years are scared of taking responsibility. Can't blame a guy occasionally becoming disillusioned when he was brought up watching a goal fest year after year!

Snapshot of what i'm talking about

87-88

3-2 vs Hudds and Sheff Utd (H)

5-0 at Sheff Utd

4-2 v Reading and BLackburn (H)

4-3 v Swindon (H)

5-1 v Stoke (H)

3-1 vs Boro, Ipswich (H) Brum (A)

2-4 v Spurs (H)

3-5 v Bradford (A)

88-89

4-1 v City (A)

4-0 v Ipswich, Birmingham,

5-3 v Portsmouth

3-0 v Oxford, Walsall, Shrewsbury

3-1 v Watford

3-4 at Barnsley

& loadsa 2-2 draws H & A

89-90

7-0 v Scarborough

6-0 v West Ham

4-0 v Bournemouth

4-1 v Oxford, Ipswich

3-2 v Plymouth, Hull, Sunderland (A)

3-3 v Portsmouth and Man Utd

3-1 Leeds & Arsenal

90-91

6-1 v Brighton

5-3 v Plymouth

4-1 v Watford, Wolves, Portsmouth (A)

3-0 v Oxford,

3-1 Portsmouth

91-92

7-1 v Torquay

3-6 v Man Utd

3-2 vs Villa

2-3 vs Liverpool & Palace

2-5 vs City

5-1 vs Luton

4-3 vs Notts County

3-0 vs Sheff Wed and Chelsea

2-4 at Chelsea

92-93

6-2 v Wimbledon

2-5 v Wimbledon

5-3 v Forest

4-1 v Boro

4-3 v Sothampton

3-2 v Liverpool

4-2 v Ipswich

3-3 v City

Again plenty of 2-2's

What i'm tryng to say is that for 6 years or so watching Latics was awesome, it was a goalfest for and against. It was true entertainment, especially at BP. Happy Days, so when Shez promises all out attack, boy has he got a lot to live up to!