Scholes

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Fo...space/football/

Could scholes stay at scum instead of coming to latics

He'll make his own mind up as he always has done. Decided to quit England because he felt that was right for him, and I'm sure he'll think long and hard about what he does in 18mths time.

always the bridesmaid never the bride.

never has there been a more fitting saying when it comes to latics. we always lose out. weather it be a cup comp, financial issues, transfers or anything else. its not just me, take a look at this.

1. Lost countless players for peanuts cos of Chris "lets sell all our assets then sell the club for a quid" Moore

2. Lost Chris Porter's transfer fee after he does the dirty on us.

3. Planning permission turned down ( ok this got turned over on the second occassion)

4. failed in the play offs twice.

5. Countless players choosing other clubs over ours (Kilkenny for example)

6. Car Serrant Going to newcastle for a ridiculously low price, and similarly Trotman not being in contract so we can keep him.

7. Ian Onley Injuring himself so soon after becoming our record signing

Im sure there are countless other situations over the years, if you care to add some feel free, i just get the feeling latics always get the raw end of the deal, and im convinced the Micah Richards deal will become just another instance. However, the Paul Scoles situation is, and has been all along, so if he ever did come here it would be a substancial bonus, and for once, be something which ends in latics favour

never has there been a more fitting saying when it comes to latics. we always lose out. weather it be a cup comp, financial issues, transfers or anything else. its not just me, take a look at this.

1. Lost countless players for peanuts cos of Chris "lets sell all our assets then sell the club for a quid" Moore

3. Planning permission turned down ( ok this got turned over on the second occassion)

6. Car Serrant Going to newcastle for a ridiculously low price, and similarly Trotman not being in contract so we can keep him.

Im sure there are countless other situations over the years, if you care to add some feel free, i just get the feeling latics always get the raw end of the deal, and im convinced the Micah Richards deal will become just another instance. However, the Paul Scoles situation is, and has been all along, so if he ever did come here it would be a substancial bonus, and for once, be something which ends in latics favour

Thank you Philliggi, that's exactly what I was saying IMHO. (Do we have to say that each time we express one?). For one reason or another Latics always get shafted. I remember when Wimbledon would get millions for selling their crown jewels and we got 625K for Irwin.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist but that's how I see it with Micah and Scholes.

[quote name='stebuzz' date='Feb 22 2008, 19:41 PM' post='

hehe, we did em with the plastic pitch though.

granted there are times when we have pulled a fast one, the plastic pitch and the hughes situation, but the points against seem to far outweigh the points for

Three times. It must be the Dirty Leeds one that you're blocking out of your mind. I know I am.

When it comes to 'always the bridesmaid', I think I'm right in saying that no other club has made it to as many FA Cup semi-Finals, without actually winning one, as Latics.

Three times. It must be the Dirty Leeds one that you're blocking out of your mind. I know I am.

When it comes to 'always the bridesmaid', I think I'm right in saying that no other club has made it to as many FA Cup semi-Finals, without actually winning one, as Latics.

Yes, that one was the most painful for me because they changed the rules that very season! Unbelievable and it could only happen to Latics... Never out of the top 3 that season.

All the while we have a set off fantastic owners, just take one look at Rotherham. We don't loose at everything.