same old >>>>>> season

not before a game, at least i hope not anyway

Oh right....so after a game......

You really are a wind up merhant arent you....

SHOCK HORROR!! SHEZ ALLOWS HIS YOUNG PLAYERS TO HAVE A DRINK AFTER THE GAME.......

Your original post was hinting at there being a booze culture.....funny how when challenged your arguments desolve in to nothing.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never 'attacked' Brian Talbot or Ronnie Moore, and I haven't 'attacked' Sheridan either.

But if I had, it wouldn't make any difference at all-it's only a message board.

Only a messageboard......

Seeds of doubt planeted here grow......I saw it happen with Ronnie and its happening with Shez......

for the record I don’t want him out, but nothing wrong with noticing when he does sumat wrong

No mate, you need pulling up for your comments.....you said....

our nutritional regime is poor, shez is more of a mr motivator. the players are allowed to drink alcohol regularly for a start.

That right there hints at the players drinking so much it is effecting there game......a million miles from the truth. Its one liners like these and the natrious "hes lost the dressing room" that need to challeneged, and challeneged they will be. Even if it means i get accoused of being a happy clapper, which is dribble.....

Edited by oafc0000

All doubt needs banishing.

Let's have the message board equivelant of North Korea.

Not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt is fine, but you have to put up a resonable argument and not just one liners with nothing to back it up with. Petty having a pop at comments in the press and unfounded suggestions of a booze culutre need bashing.

It's a fact the Latics squad are allowed to drink. If Shez said it's club policy no drinking alcohol then that would be the rule, however he allows drinking. I find it odd in this day and age when the English have been found wanting on the international stage for the foreign coaches to laugh at our allowance of this coupled with bad diets that was the norm. Sure English football as been dragged (mainly due to foriegn coaches coming here) into better eating and condition training these past 15/20 years but we still aint as professional as the Italians or Gremans are.

Not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt is fine, but you have to put up a resonable argument and not just one liners with nothing to back it up with. Petty having a pop at comments in the press and unfounded suggestions of a booze culutre need bashing.

OAFC0000, your going through this topic like a bull in a chinashop. Everyone has their perception of what's going on, don't insult their intelligence just because they don't buy into your views. Give others an opportunity to air...

I'd like to know what was the censored word in this comment...

OUR FANS ARE :censored: !!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT!

There's no need for any of this.

It's not just a messageboard thing. Fans are voting with their feet. Be interesting to see what tomorrow's attendance will be without a loan striker arriving pretty sharpish. The manager's still wearing his "L" plates and TTA are new to club ownership.

But yes let's back him blindly whatever happens. The Latics World preview for the Brighton game was the most boring 8 minutes of my life.

I agree and actually dont have a problem with this, but wouldnt it be nice if we could pinch that last promotion spot by the back door and then have this money to spend on players for the championship, even attract players we wouldn't get in this division. Ergo, we really need those loan signings NOW!

And if i'm brutally honest i wouldnt have a place for a big slow carthorse with the speed and turning circle of a steamroller if he does get fit before the final push. Sorry Greegs, nice bloke and all that but i think his day has been and gone now.

KTF.

If we sign any loan players now they wouldnt be available for the play off final should we get there, aint it in our interests if the play offs are our goal to have the fullest squad possible at the business end of the season, as opposed to being able to face swindon etc etc

OAFC0000, your going through this topic like a bull in a chinashop. Everyone has their perception of what's going on, don't insult their intelligence just because they don't buy into your views. Give others an opportunity to air...

I'd like to know what was the censored word in this comment...

There's no need for any of this.

Ronnie Moore saved this club from relegation and then just missed out on the play offs. What was our response, to chase and hound the poor guy out of town. Negative football was the cries from the fans. I was a lone voice on the old official message board pleading the case for more time. It wasn’t headed, I was actually physically and verbally abused because I chose to defend Ronnie.

I then sat back to watch OUR LOYAL FANS not renew there season tickets and send this club to the brink until the owners backed down and let Ronnie go. I heard cries of we want Shez! And no one complained when he was put in charge. I said then that I would pull you all up when you started to do the same thing to Shez. He is your man! You lot got Ronnie sacked, resulting in Shez being given the job. I knew 100% that as soon as things got tough the same old voices would start with there sniping and one liners with no evidence.

Now I sit here hearing just about how bad Shez is and how the owners have mislead us. How we have loads of money but Shez wont spend it. And how we have a booze culture dear lord….

To say I am angry is a understatement. You lot are to blame for the demise of this once great club. We cant keep abusing and targeting our managers, making them a scapegoat for our problems, which are in fact problems for everyone outside of the Prem and not just Oldham.

Your saying there is no need for my comments. Well I am sorry if the truth hurts. WE are letting the club down. We need to be more supportive.

People say I am a happy clapper. What a joke. But when I believe our own fans are damaging are club im going to come out fighting. Its nothing to do with this thread. The mood around this site and the club from the fans has been what’s bugging me

Shez will do a job for this club, stick by him and stop with the nasty sniping…….

You say there is no need for this, well I believe this nasty sniping need aggressively combating. If you disagree then its your site and you will take appropriate action, but I’m not sitting around letting people post untruths about a man who is doing his best to get this club going in the right direction,

If we sign any loan players now they wouldnt be available for the play off final should we get there, aint it in our interests if the play offs are our goal to have the fullest squad possible at the business end of the season, as opposed to being able to face swindon etc etc

I can hear what you are saying but it's a bit of a double edged sword, as without the loan striker we needed two weeks ago the play-offs are nothing but a very remote dream, as we are losing points NOW that we need to get us anywhere near the play-offs.

Ronnie Moore saved this club from relegation and then just missed out on the play offs. What was our response, to chase and hound the poor guy out of town. Negative football was the cries from the fans. I was a lone voice on the old official message board pleading the case for more time. It wasn’t headed, I was actually physically and verbally abused because I chose to defend Ronnie.

I then sat back to watch OUR LOYAL FANS not renew there season tickets and send this club to the brink until the owners backed down and let Ronnie go. I heard cries of we want Shez! And no one complained when he was put in charge. I said then that I would pull you all up when you started to do the same thing to Shez. He is your man! You lot got Ronnie sacked, resulting in Shez being given the job. I knew 100% that as soon as things got tough the same old voices would start with there sniping and one liners with no evidence.

Now I sit here hearing just about how bad Shez is and how the owners have mislead us. How we have loads of money but Shez wont spend it. And how we have a booze culture dear lord….

To say I am angry is a understatement. You lot are to blame for the demise of this once great club. We cant keep abusing and targeting our managers, making them a scapegoat for our problems, which are in fact problems for everyone outside of the Prem and not just Oldham.

Your saying there is no need for my comments. Well I am sorry if the truth hurts. WE are letting the club down. We need to be more supportive.

People say I am a happy clapper. What a joke. But when I believe our own fans are damaging are club im going to come out fighting. Its nothing to do with this thread. The mood around this site and the club from the fans has been what’s bugging me

Shez will do a job for this club, stick by him and stop with the nasty sniping…….

You say there is no need for this, well I believe this nasty sniping need aggressively combating. If you disagree then its your site and you will take appropriate action, but I’m not sitting around letting people post untruths about a man who is doing his best to get this club going in the right direction,

Whilst this is a good messageboard, I'm sure it doesn't reach all our fan-base. I cannot agree that a few hundred of our members are totally responsible for Ronnie Moore's demise. You seem to over-estimate the power of this forum. It was TTA who sacked Ronnie not OWTB.

How many of those who don't turn up tomorrow night will have been dissuaded by Corporal Jones?

It's what happens on the pitch that most people care about. And this season it ain't happening.

Whilst this is a good messageboard, I'm sure it doesn't reach all our fan-base. I cannot agree that a few hundred of our members are totally responsible for Ronnie Moore's demise. You seem to over-estimate the power of this forum. It was TTA who sacked Ronnie not OWTB.

How many of those who don't turn up tomorrow night will have been dissuaded by Corporal Jones?

It's what happens on the pitch that most people care about. And this season it ain't happening.

Totally.....no of course not....

No it wasnt, it was the fans who didnt renew there season tickets.....TTA hand were forced.....

To be fair, I don't think there's many fans who want Sheridan out.

There are many people who sit near me who are infuriated by some of his decisions, but I suspect the majority of those would be happy if he learned by his mistakes. After all, no-one could deny that the style of football has improved under Shez - It's just the lack of goals that's making people itchy (And tetchy by the look of it! :D ).

To be fair, I don't think there's many fans who want Sheridan out.

There are many people who sit near me who are infuriated by some of his decisions, but I suspect the majority of those would be happy if he learned by his mistakes. After all, no-one could deny that the style of football has improved under Shez - It's just the lack of goals that's making people itchy (And tetchy by the look of it! :D ).

It's odd that, for some posters, the mildest criticism of what happens on the pitch is interpreted as a call to sack Sheridan.

i wont accuse you of being a happy clapper 0000. but i stand by my statement that our players are allowed to drink alcohol regularly. even if its just once a week on saturdays then thats too often for a professional set up. seems to me my point is still here and hasnt disintegrated anywhere.

i wont accuse you of being a happy clapper 0000. but i stand by my statement that our players are allowed to drink alcohol regularly. even if its just once a week on saturdays then thats too often for a professional set up. seems to me my point is still here and hasnt disintegrated anywhere.

I dont know any club that has a total ban on beer......

What a load of rubbish, i have hundred tons of managers saying such things.....

Your a wind up merhant mate, trying to make something out of nothing.....

get some new firepower in now,i couldnt give a toss if there not here for any playoff final we may or may not get into,buy bringing in a couple of players it takes pressure of the young lads to perform or we lose out,but it also means that we dont have to rush hughes and davies back because were short of strikers.let them get fit properly then when they come back they can pick up from where they left off.

simply delaying any new players coming in until they could play in a final is ludicrous,as if we dont pick up the correct points we wont be anywhere near the playoffs in the first place.

booze culture and fitness.

under shez its piss poor to be honest,the only manager who made our team train correctly was dowie,he understood what it took to get the best out of players,he had them swimming at 8am in the morning,then other stuff and basically filled there days with a regime that many players publically came out and said had prolonged there football life,the very same thing is now being done with spurs under ramos,and look how he has turned them around.

the fact is that when dowie left and they put shez in temp charge the first thing he did was to knock the training on the head,and took it back to basic,9-1,do what ya like after that and enjoy your downtime.

players namely taylor and kk when he was here were regulary seen out on the lash,and more than likely others as well,there is nothing wrong with having a few beers after a game or even on a sunday,but when your playing you shouldnt be out on the pop thye night before,like him or hate him but ferguson at united often went round to houses to break up partys that his young players were attending before games,because he wanted them in tip top condition.

of course we have improved greatly from ronnie moore days,we couldnt of played much worse,but to be honest its horses for courses,and his style of football was purely and simply to get the job done and out of the division quickly,if tta's had balls of steel and didnt get jittery and sack him due to 1k fans not renewing,noone knows if he would of got us up,then the missing fans would have come back and made the club more money by paying on the day.....at best its all ifs and buts.

shez has had more money than most of our recent managers,but hasnt used it wisely,and i do know for a fact as posted elsewhere that he dithers about over players until its too late,then we miss out.

given time and a lot more money i have every confidence shez will get us going in the right direction,however he simply hasnt learned from last seasons mistakes,and made exactly the same again this year,then comes out with this "all out attack" quotes to appease the fans as he knows better than most that our season is very nearly over bar the shouting.

whether he is waiting for the summer to reshape again,i dont know,but like i said before,if were still all like this at this stage next season the question would be asked that after 3 years support,and nothing to show would they stick with him or bring in someone else.

What a load of rubbish, i have hundred tons of managers saying such things.....

Your a wind up merhant mate, trying to make something out of nothing.....

yeah good one mate, great debating i now see that i was wrong and drinking at least once a week is fine for a footballer, all the nutritionists are also wrong there all on a wind up just to keep 0000 on his toes. nothing gets past him obviously. are you poirot in disguise?