Chaddy End or Rochdale Road

3 Lions

Is it time to switch?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be the better home end?

• Chaddy End to the end.
    • RRE, but what do we call the Owl?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Out of interest when was the last RRE V Chaddy End Vote?

I personally would say it is a rather topical and relevant discussion at the moment given that the Lookers is about to be knocked down. As for knocking newbies....

:redcard:

Mar 11 2008, 14:54 PM

Out of interest when was the last RRE V Chaddy End Vote?

I personally would say it is a rather topical and relevant discussion at the moment given that the Lookers is about to be knocked down. As for knocking newbies....

:redcard:

Mar 11 2008, 14:54 PM

And at 16:05 PM on the same day 3 Lions, the originator of the poll, declared it redundant and suggested that the poll be deleted.

It was a simple question, which do people prefer? There will always be someone who wont be happy with a poll result.

It's a redundant poll now anyway, as my question was answered in post #2. There will be a new Chaddy end, so common sense says that we'll shift over to RRE until the new Chaddy end is built. As I said, I'm not up to date with the plans, so was under the assumption that the Chaddy end was staying as it was.

Mods - You can delete this poll if you wish.

It might be an age old debate but the Poll percentages are changing.... RRE has over 70% - dont recall it being that high before

Why would people want to go in the RRE and have their faces subjected to blinding sunlight or bitterly cold wind and driving rain? The redeveloped Chaddy End will solve all the current problems.

Whether more people will be prepared to sing (for the listening pleasure of those sat in other parts of BP) is another question.

Guest oa_exile
The redeveloped Chaddy End will solve all the current problems.

Think thats a while off though D_S , If fans want to go in the RRE then let them , I sat in the RRE myself in the early nineties.

Think thats a while off though D_S , If fans want to go in the RRE then let them , I sat in the RRE myself in the early nineties.

I wouldn't want to stop anyone going to the RRE, but the mistaken question behind the poll was which would make the better home end. We have discussed ad nauseam all the problems associated with both Ends, but Chaddy Enders get pissed off when every opportunity it used to imply that the home end should be switched.

There is a need to accommodate elsewhere the NSM fans and the RRE is one of the options - end of story. We're quite happy to put up with the Chaddy End's problems until it is redeveloped.

The suggestion in the previous discussion (see post #25 in this thread) about a singing section in the RRE is the sort of idea which would be constructive, instead of asking people to choose which should be the home end. Next there will be a poll in the Chat Room on a Saturday between 3.00pm and 4.45pm with those attending matches exempt from voting.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

It might be an age old debate but the Poll percentages are changing.... RRE has over 70% - dont recall it being that high before

Not at all....the polls before have just been for the Chaddy End fans. And they've always, quite strongly, shown that fans in there are happy there. This poll is one open for all about which end should be the home end. Meaning Lookers and Main Stand fans can also add their vote.....as they don't go in the Chaddy and slag it off at any given opportunity, they are the ones bumping up the vote.

gotta be chady end, get it redeveloped so the accoustics are better, and people stay loyal! there is a decent atmosphere, and if you dont think there is, then make it decent! get up and sing! if we all waited for each other to start we would be there all night quiet, end of the day chaddy is tradition, I wouldnt want to change it, just wait for the redevelopment! half the people voting RRE actually sit in the main stand which confuses me

so, if the roof was sorted in the chaddy end (which would improve the acoustics) and u got the facilities that the RRE had (which is planned) then would that then convince people to stay in the chaddy end.

What is the problem with the chaddy end.....cos so far all the bad points i have heard will be solved once the stand is reveloped.

lol dan oafc, I feel strongly for chaddy end but aint that goin a bit too far? telling people to "shut up" isnt really an intelligent way of arguing your point!

You're right 'thelaticsfan', it's not really an intelligent way of arguing a point but you have to bear in mind who I was arguing with. This 'Rick' chap isn't capable of reasoned thought, as his "knock the Chaddy down immediately" comment shows. He's the sort of neanderthal who only responds in grunts and moans. In fact, he's just a complete 'fat scouser'! :grin:

Before you all get worried about this board descending into a slanging match - I know Rick very well, and he really is a moron! :naughty:

although by that point there will be a lovely new main stand where the Lookers is now selling delicious cold beer in comfortable surroundings, so I reckon a fair few (including me) will go in there.

Not good enough for you now eh :o

Get our new shiny stand and he's right in there :wink:

:lookers:

Not good enough for you now eh :o

Get our new shiny stand and he's right in there :wink:

:lookers:

The current Lookers isn't big enough to be sat a suitable distance away from Wilson and Wallis. When the build the new stand hopefuly I can put about 4000 people between me and then AND still benefit from the improved view and facilities Chris! :wink:

Edited by danoafc

You're right 'thelaticsfan', it's not really an intelligent way of arguing a point but you have to bear in mind who I was arguing with. This 'Rick' chap isn't capable of reasoned thought, as his "knock the Chaddy down immediately" comment shows. He's the sort of neanderthal who only responds in grunts and moans. In fact, he's just a complete 'fat scouser'! :grin:

Before you all get worried about this board descending into a slanging match - I know Rick very well, and he really is a moron! :naughty:

:laught16:

:mrt: What you talking about FOOL?

Anyways, I am not arguing, cos as Deggsie says "Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience" and I don't want to get beaten by you Dan :grin:

Seriously, though to anyone else on here, I know Dan really well and there is no offence taken or meant between the 2 of us. The last thing I would want would be to have to answer to Lisa - the one who wears the trousers in their house ^_^

:laught16:

:mrt: What you talking about FOOL?

Anyways, I am not arguing, cos as Deggsie says "Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience" and I don't want to get beaten by you Dan :grin:

Seriously, though to anyone else on here, I know Dan really well and there is no offence taken or meant between the 2 of us. The last thing I would want would be to have to answer to Lisa - the one who wears the trousers in their house ^_^

:mrt: You the one jibber jabbering, fool!

Anyway, Lucy wears the trousers in our family and don't you forget it! :wink:

:mrt: You the one jibber jabbering, fool!

Anyway, Lucy wears the trousers in our family and don't you forget it! :wink:

Hello poster. Many thanks for your valuable input, but I believe that you were trying to access the "Tosspot of the Year" topic. Whilst it is not normal to nominate yourself, please feel free. :grin:

Hello poster. Many thanks for your valuable input, but I believe that you were trying to access the "Tosspot of the Year" topic. Whilst it is not normal to nominate yourself, please feel free. :grin:

lol!

If/When we redevelop the ground. I hope they make some slight improvements to the RRE, there are loads of broken seats, and according to our friends from Tranmere, the roof is leaking!

It seems that most away ends I tend to go in have broken seats

ye I know rick hes my uncle and why is he a moron? where the hell did you get scouser from?

and this is the guy whos latics to the end, at my sisters 18th he was there till the end singing oh when the blues and ziga zaga!

and you think he is a neanderthall for having a different opinion than you?

if he thinks that he thinks that, he might think its better, so what? I like cheese, my mum hates it, does that mean I should hate her and shes a moron because she doesnt agree?

dan listen mate hes entitled to an opinion and shouldnt be labelled a moron for having this opinion, youre one of these sorts of people who if someone doesnt agree you moan, I dont want to start arguing with you but I want you to understand where hes coming from, if you cant let him have an opinion then who really is the moron?