I might upset a few here.......but

i'm kind of glad we didnt go on and win that today. Giving the same people who for week's have been living on that false hope that we might just do it, completely blanking out the inept performance. After that embarrassment of a first half where against a keeper with the sun in his eyes, we didnt test once - nor could we string anything of note together. We'd got run ragged by Millwall and we'd of got run ragged by every side in this division playing like that. 2nd half was an improvement, though just by coming out of the pitch they'd been as effective as they had the entire 1st half. Bit better football but not really anything special. The fact Millwall were so poor at creating any real chances was the reason we didnt get mullered today. They passed us all over but couldnt do anything other than that.

How a manager who did the basics so well in his playing days cant drill that mentality into his players is beyond me. They over complicate every move (Shez said that months back, yet it still happens). They lump it up constantly to a striker who cant win a header. We constantly play it out wide and are far to predictable. The same stuff that comes out every week can be said once again.

It's getting boring now. I'm sick of forking out x% of my wage on going Latics and coming away feeling mugged. I'd much rather have the kid's and non league nobodies from the season after Chris Moore who despite having a clear lack of skill. Played for the shirt and showed a bit of passion. There was absolutely nothing today and it's not the first time of saying that. It seems to be week in, week out now and it's simply not good enough. Time and again people blame it on injuries, but what good is that when it doesnt even look like we have a physio, nor do we have a manager who despite all his talking - cant bring in any players to be cover. Where is this creative midfielder that Shez has been looking for months for??

We have gone backwards 10 fold on last season and the signings which have come in, simply arent good enough. Allott has been the best of the bunch, but if everyone is honest - would you really see Allott in one of the top 2 teams chasing automatic.

Smalley in the last twenty minute's showed a bit of movement and urgency was about as good as it got. Which says it all.

This isnt a Shez out thread, though with the way it's going. He'll be very llucky if he lasts very long. You cant continue to play like this and expect people to turn up. All the attendance threads the last few months have become utterly laughable with every passing home performance. Moore was the same and got sacked for the inept football which drove the fans away. I wont be at the Orient game because i'm on a weekend away (thankfully given how we've done this season at home) - Cheltenham at home. Will I be paying my hard earned to watch that? Not a chance. Cheltenham away was bad enough to watch, nevermind at home. Huddersfield will be my last home game of the season. The fact it's Huddersfield is the only reason I can even be mithered to be put through yet another inept performance. You're driving the fans away Shez. It's time you did something about it and repay the 3amigo's for giving you your 1st managerial oppurtunity.

Value for Money. You're having a laugh.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm kind of glad we didnt go on and win that today. Giving the same people who for week's have been living on that false hope that we might just do it, completely blanking out the inept performance. After that embarrassment of a first half where against a keeper with the sun in his eyes, we didnt test once - nor could we string anything of note together. We'd got run ragged by Millwall and we'd of got run ragged by every side in this division playing like that. 2nd half was an improvement, though just by coming out of the pitch they'd been as effective as they had the entire 1st half. Bit better football but not really anything special. The fact Millwall were so poor at creating any real chances was the reason we didnt get mullered today. They passed us all over but couldnt do anything other than that.

How a manager who did the basics so well in his playing days cant drill that mentality into his players is beyond me. They over complicate every move (Shez said that months back, yet it still happens). They lump it up constantly to a striker who cant win a header. We constantly play it out wide and are far to predictable. The same stuff that comes out every week can be said once again.

It's getting boring now. I'm sick of forking out x% of my wage on going Latics and coming away feeling mugged. I'd much rather have the kid's and non league nobodies from the season after Chris Moore who despite having a clear lack of skill. Played for the shirt and showed a bit of passion. There was absolutely nothing today and it's not the first time of saying that. It seems to be week in, week out now and it's simply not good enough. Time and again people blame it on injuries, but what good is that when it doesnt even look like we have a physio, nor do we have a manager who despite all his talking - cant bring in any players to be cover. Where is this creative midfielder that Shez has been looking for months for??

We have gone backwards 10 fold on last season and the signings which have come in, simply arent good enough. Allott has been the best of the bunch, but if everyone is honest - would you really see Allott in one of the top 2 teams chasing automatic.

Smalley in the last twenty minute's showed a bit of movement and urgency was about as good as it got. Which says it all.

This isnt a Shez out thread, though with the way it's going. He'll be very llucky if he lasts very long. You cant continue to play like this and expect people to turn up. All the attendance threads the last few months have become utterly laughable with every passing home performance. Moore was the same and got sacked for the inept football which drove the fans away. I wont be at the Orient game because i'm on a weekend away (thankfully given how we've done this season at home) - Cheltenham at home. Will I be paying my hard earned to watch that? Not a chance. Cheltenham away was bad enough to watch, nevermind at home. Huddersfield will be my last home game of the season. The fact it's Huddersfield is the only reason I can even be mithered to be put through yet another inept performance. You're driving the fans away Shez. It's time you did something about it and repay the 3amigo's for giving you your 1st managerial oppurtunity.

Value for Money. You're having a laugh.

you wont upset anybody by being brutally honest mate.....and thats what you have been.

he is fast becoming one of those fantastic players who cant manage,and its a shame.because as a player he was outstanding and lead by example.

he has my backing until the end of next season,then if were all sat here picking the bones out of the same stuff,after another dire season,he simply has to go.

unless were promoted next season its been a waste of 3 years,and anybody who says we have progressed under shez,well.....i cant see it.

you wont upset anybody by being brutally honest mate.....and thats what you have been.

he is fast becoming one of those fantastic players who cant manage,and its a shame.because as a player he was outstanding and lead by example.

he has my backing until the end of next season,then if were all sat here picking the bones out of the same stuff,after another dire season,he simply has to go.

unless were promoted next season its been a waste of 3 years,and anybody who says we have progressed under shez,well.....i cant see it.

Think we've changed the Pies twice. :grin:

Whether we are sick of hearing the injury excuse or not how many other squads could cope with an injury list like ours.

Like I said last week. Most of the injuries have been known for weeks, months and even most of the season in cases of Gregan/Liddell. The only real one we can go on about at the moment in my opinion is the recent one of Crossley - though the fact we didnt have cover brought in after Pogs was forced to quit through injury was shooting ourselves in the foot.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Like I said last week. Most of the injuries have been known for weeks, months and even most of the season in cases of Gregan/Liddell. The only real one we can go on about at the moment in my opinion is the recent one of Crossley - though the fact we didnt have cover brought in after Pogs was forced to quit through injury was shooting ourselves in the foot.

Just because we've known about the injuries for a while now, doesn't mean the problem goes away. It was still plain to see to anyone that we're missing a LOT of first choice players.

Think we hoped Gregen would be back by now. We also hoped Hughes would be back but his injuries have had a set back. Craig Davies's injury was worse than first thought. Lewis Allesandra is thrown in then he gets injured we sign Jordan Robertson and within a week hes limped off back to Sheffield injured. John Thompson limped off today after coming back from a long term injury it just seems to keep happening. Tell you what I'm absolutely amazed Stam hasn't broke down yet what with his injury record. However I definately think we need to address the physio situation because it doesn't help us at all to have a key backroom staff member missing.

Am with Luke on this one people go on about Ronnie Moore long boring football but we got the points. i can see Shez has the right idea about smart quick passing football but where is it getting us?

It predictable when we do have the ball players keep hold of it far to long and by the time they do shoot its to late. Personally i want us to win every game but have said since Christmas when we lost Killkenny we have not replayed him, Wellans or really Porter.

Other teams have injuries but manage to cope?

Edited by oafctom

Am with Luke on this one people go on about Ronnie Moore long boring football but we got the points. i can see Shez has the right idea about smart quick passing football but where is it getting us?

It predictable when we do have the ball players keep hold of it far to long and by the time they do shoot its to late. Personally i want us to win every game but have said since Christmas when we lost Killkenny we have not replayed him, Wellans or really Porter.

Other teams have injuries but manage to cope?

Thing is tom its not just 2 or 3 player or even 4 or 5 its a large proportion of our squad missing. If we were missing 2 or 3 then we should be able to cope but its considerably more than that.

I agree with you on looking for a new centre mid in the summer Allot has been excellent. Macca has done ok. Its not worked out for Kalala, and am not convinced about Jarrett or Livermoore. We will need cover in that area.

Nice to see people can come up with constructive well thought replies..........

You know what I am going to say, we are a crappy northern little team, always have been but we got lucky had a few good years that gave our fans delusions of grandeur. Since then we have been on the slide with a few good blips.

The football this season is no better or no worse than it has ever been. Heres a random selection of players that I can remember from my times watching latics - Rickers, McNiven, Allot first time, Glenn Keeley, Tipton, Whats his face Currie, Mike Cecere, Darren McDonagh, Big fat Donachie, a past it Kilcline, Chris Makin - (I will come back to him) Carl Serrant, Gerry Creaney, Paul Molden, Neil McDonald, Wayne Gill, Matty Appleby, Mark Arber, Tore Pederson, John Kelly, Lance Key.

Hardly a list of the greatest players to grace a pitch. Why has it become so fashionable for people to suddenly say that enough is enough? Why now? Why not when it was really bad? And if it is so bad why the need to write at length on the internet that the straw has been broken and either you aren't renewing, or coming again, or going to call your first born after the 1987 side? Why not just sidle off in to the non-attending masses and make ethusiastic harumphs whenever someone at work or in the pub mentions football. - No one is really that interested, Hardy and TTAs will simply look at the balance sheet come June and say to the manager that he can bring 3 players in and not the 5 he was promised earlier.

Why the need to look for a massive conspiracy that Shez has lost the dressing room or that one of the players doesn't "respect" the manager or whatever.

Where were the "He can't attract players" calls when we were down to 10 fit pros under Moore before he gave Taylor his debut? I don't remember that one, we were crying out for him to look at the youth rather than bring in another wage. Were we too busy beating Moore with other sticks about his off the field womanising or his latest tart dumping his belongings at Chapel Rd as she was kicking him out as she was fed up of him. - Do we jsut enjoy slagging managers off? We successfuly got rid of Talbot and Moore now do we think that unless we get instant success we should flex our muscles and get rid of the manager?

The can't get players line has been through enough times, the 3 candidates for player of the season are all Sheridan buys add Gregan, Davies, Macca, Clarke and his goals that helped get us in to the play-offs last season..

This year was never going to be as successful as last season, the majority of two year contracts signed by Moore left and had to be replaced, next season is the equivalent of last season as the players will have had a full year together and a summer. Of the team that started today only 3 started the first game of the season, in one way we have been lucky with the injuries this year as it means the bulk of the side that starts next season will be pretty settled from this year, the spine of Crossley, Hazell, Allot, Hughes will be.

Now it seems fashionable to berate Shez over his innability to keep physios, one got a better job offer and the other decided it wasn't for him, what should the club do? Go to the hospital and ask a couple up there whether they fancy working Saturdays and the odd Tuesday with a few hours mid week treating injured footie players? In any other business if a position was vacated twice in quick succession they would revise their selection process to make sure that their next appointment was the right man and stayed in post for a longer period. Nah, sod it, get any old person in, as long as they can do Thai massage then everyones happy.

For me it isn't all doom and gloom this year, the sunshine and light comes from the young lads that have come through and at times done mans jobs even though they have had the precitable dips too. I said I would come back to Chris Makin, a lad who came through the ranks in to the first team at a time when we were :censored:. The crowd got on his back and he was a target for the boo boys. When his contract was to be renewed he "did a Porter" and signed on a free for Marseille and we got nowt, he did quite well out of it, signing on fee, decent wage and a free appartment overlooking the harbour. He came back to England after his season abroad and has played the rest of his career at a higher level than us. A player that for many in our crowd wasn't good enough to wear the shirt has been good enough to play higher than we have for over 10 years:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=4751

I mention Makin as there are a few lads in our current side that I can see this happening to, the stick they get from the "fans" is unbelievable and if I was them I wouldn't sign another contract at Oldham either, in fact I would do a Porter and :censored: us right over. Then they will get called Judas..etc..etc.. but can you honestly blame them? I bet like Makin they enjoy the rest of their career and the appartment over looking the harbour rather than getting dogs abuse at BP.

I was jealous of the Milwall fans today, those were some of the best fans we have had at BP for a while, they sang and all stood together the "No one likes us..." and the "ooooohh" that went on for ages and the ":censored: ground no fans" or "You're supposed to be at home/give a :censored:" were top draw as they were so right. This coming from a club that has yo-yoed between this league and the championship plus got to a cup final, a bit similar to ourselves. They don't give a :censored: what league they are in or whether they are playing fancy football or if the manager tucks the players in at night with a cup of cocoa they just wanted the team to win they pootle off back down the road with the points.

What did our fans do? Sit on arses and do cock all, there were about 2 songs but hundreds of "ffs taylor, get to the line" - sometimes when the ball was on the other side of the pitch! Or the "Bloody hell Eardley" yet were happy to over look when Stam drops his :censored: or Lomax has his first bad game by his good standards. I bet Constantine will aks Kilkenny if he is talking about the same set of fans when he gets back to Leeds.

Well, I don't expect anyone to have read this, it is all nonsense, Shez out, I am not renewing next season, it is garbage, sort it out, bloody hell eardley. baaaa baaaa

You know what I am going to say, we are a crappy northern little team, always have been but we got lucky had a few good years that gave our fans delusions of grandeur. Since then we have been on the slide with a few good blips.

The football this season is no better or no worse than it has ever been. Heres a random selection of players that I can remember from my times watching latics - Rickers, McNiven, Allot first time, Glenn Keeley, Tipton, Whats his face Currie, Mike Cecere, Darren McDonagh, Big fat Donachie, a past it Kilcline, Chris Makin - (I will come back to him) Carl Serrant, Gerry Creaney, Paul Molden, Neil McDonald, Wayne Gill, Matty Appleby, Mark Arber, Tore Pederson, John Kelly, Lance Key.

Hardly a list of the greatest players to grace a pitch. Why has it become so fashionable for people to suddenly say that enough is enough? Why now? Why not when it was really bad? And if it is so bad why the need to write at length on the internet that the straw has been broken and either you aren't renewing, or coming again, or going to call your first born after the 1987 side? Why not just sidle off in to the non-attending masses and make ethusiastic harumphs whenever someone at work or in the pub mentions football. - No one is really that interested, Hardy and TTAs will simply look at the balance sheet come June and say to the manager that he can bring 3 players in and not the 5 he was promised earlier.

Why the need to look for a massive conspiracy that Shez has lost the dressing room or that one of the players doesn't "respect" the manager or whatever.

Where were the "He can't attract players" calls when we were down to 10 fit pros under Moore before he gave Taylor his debut? I don't remember that one, we were crying out for him to look at the youth rather than bring in another wage. Were we too busy beating Moore with other sticks about his off the field womanising or his latest tart dumping his belongings at Chapel Rd as she was kicking him out as she was fed up of him. - Do we jsut enjoy slagging managers off? We successfuly got rid of Talbot and Moore now do we think that unless we get instant success we should flex our muscles and get rid of the manager?

The can't get players line has been through enough times, the 3 candidates for player of the season are all Sheridan buys add Gregan, Davies, Macca, Clarke and his goals that helped get us in to the play-offs last season..

This year was never going to be as successful as last season, the majority of two year contracts signed by Moore left and had to be replaced, next season is the equivalent of last season as the players will have had a full year together and a summer. Of the team that started today only 3 started the first game of the season, in one way we have been lucky with the injuries this year as it means the bulk of the side that starts next season will be pretty settled from this year, the spine of Crossley, Hazell, Allot, Hughes will be.

Now it seems fashionable to berate Shez over his innability to keep physios, one got a better job offer and the other decided it wasn't for him, what should the club do? Go to the hospital and ask a couple up there whether they fancy working Saturdays and the odd Tuesday with a few hours mid week treating injured footie players? In any other business if a position was vacated twice in quick succession they would revise their selection process to make sure that their next appointment was the right man and stayed in post for a longer period. Nah, sod it, get any old person in, as long as they can do Thai massage then everyones happy.

For me it isn't all doom and gloom this year, the sunshine and light comes from the young lads that have come through and at times done mans jobs even though they have had the precitable dips too. I said I would come back to Chris Makin, a lad who came through the ranks in to the first team at a time when we were :censored:. The crowd got on his back and he was a target for the boo boys. When his contract was to be renewed he "did a Porter" and signed on a free for Marseille and we got nowt, he did quite well out of it, signing on fee, decent wage and a free appartment overlooking the harbour. He came back to England after his season abroad and has played the rest of his career at a higher level than us. A player that for many in our crowd wasn't good enough to wear the shirt has been good enough to play higher than we have for over 10 years:

I mention Makin as there are a few lads in our current side that I can see this happening to, the stick they get from the "fans" is unbelievable and if I was them I wouldn't sign another contract at Oldham either, in fact I would do a Porter and :censored: us right over. Then they will get called Judas..etc..etc.. but can you honestly blame them? I bet like Makin they enjoy the rest of their career and the appartment over looking the harbour rather than getting dogs abuse at BP.

I was jealous of the Milwall fans today, those were some of the best fans we have had at BP for a while, they sang and all stood together the "No one likes us..." and the "ooooohh" that went on for ages and the ":censored: ground no fans" or "You're supposed to be at home/give a :censored:" were top draw as they were so right. This coming from a club that has yo-yoed between this league and the championship plus got to a cup final, a bit similar to ourselves. They don't give a :censored: what league they are in or whether they are playing fancy football or if the manager tucks the players in at night with a cup of cocoa they just wanted the team to win they pootle off back down the road with the points.

What did our fans do? Sit on arses and do cock all, there were about 2 songs but hundreds of "ffs taylor, get to the line" - sometimes when the ball was on the other side of the pitch! Or the "Bloody hell Eardley" yet were happy to over look when Stam drops his :censored: or Lomax has his first bad game by his good standards. I bet Constantine will aks Kilkenny if he is talking about the same set of fans when he gets back to Leeds.

Well, I don't expect anyone to have read this, it is all nonsense, Shez out, I am not renewing next season, it is garbage, sort it out, bloody hell eardley. baaaa baaaa

Great post pal

thats not what season ticket holders were told by the owners of the club or the manager and his team.

we was told without a shadow of a doubt that promotion was the aim from the off,and anything else would be classed as a failure.

hence why there is so much resentment at bp regarding performances by the players and the manager.

the odd 30 regular posters on this board cant influence anything really regarding how the club is run(no disrespect meant here),but 2k season ticket holders not renewing because of broken promises and lack of progress can.

if anybody still thinks were in a wrong division and we deserve to be in a higher one,then yeah,there deluded,we been here for over 10 years,anybody who cant see that for what it is shouldnt be watching up play.

thats not what season ticket holders were told by the owners of the club or the manager and his team.

we was told without a shadow of a doubt that promotion was the aim from the off,and anything else would be classed as a failure.

hence why there is so much resentment at bp regarding performances by the players and the manager.

the odd 30 regular posters on this board cant influence anything really regarding how the club is run(no disrespect meant here),but 2k season ticket holders not renewing because of broken promises and lack of progress can.

if anybody still thinks were in a wrong division and we deserve to be in a higher one,then yeah,there deluded,we been here for over 10 years,anybody who cant see that for what it is shouldnt be watching up play.

Promotion was the aim from the off, same with all the other 72 league clubs, 10 clubs will get promoted this season the other 62 wont. So this season was a failure should we pack it all in or give it another go next year or it in then?

Ronald McDonald doesn't say that his burgers are made from hoofs and arses does he? He says they are made from the finest beef and ingredients. Mr Walls doesn't say he makes his sausages from the bits left over from the pig that no one else wants, he says they are made from an old Lincolnshire recipe and we lap them up knowing they are really made from snouts and pigs feet.

What should TTA say this time? "Sorry lads and lasses we got it wrong last year, this years aim is to screw you all out of your money and deliver a terrible season" Course they won't, they will probably say something along the lines of "We came close again last year, this year we think we can do it, please buy your season ticket to be there to see it"

We are all big boys and girls, if anyone is swayed by what TTA or Mr Walls says you need you your bumps feeling. If anyone is trying to sell you something you look at the product and decide whether you are going to stump up the cash.

I seriously doubt people base the decision whether to buy a season ticket on the back of what press release comes out of the club or on the back of what signings are made, all those players could break their legs in the first game!

spot on mate! at the end of the day what the hell would we all do on a saturday? go shopping? watch a romantic movie with the wife? babysit? naaaah its the footy - the good the bad and the ugly!

The football this season is no better or no worse than it has ever been. Heres a random selection of players that I can remember from my times watching latics - Rickers, McNiven, Allot first time, Glenn Keeley, Tipton, Whats his face Currie, Mike Cecere, Darren McDonagh, Big fat Donachie, a past it Kilcline, Chris Makin - (I will come back to him) Carl Serrant, Gerry Creaney, Paul Molden, Neil McDonald, Wayne Gill, Matty Appleby, Mark Arber, Tore Pederson, John Kelly, Lance Key

Hardly a list of the greatest players to grace a pitch. Why has it become so fashionable for people to suddenly say that enough is enough? Why now? Why not when it was really bad? And if it is so bad why the need to write at length on the internet that the straw has been broken and either you aren't renewing, or coming again, or going to call your first born after the 1987 side? Why not just sidle off in to the non-attending masses and make ethusiastic harumphs whenever someone at work or in the pub mentions football. - No one is really that interested, Hardy and TTAs will simply look at the balance sheet come June and say to the manager that he can bring 3 players in and not the 5 he was promised earlier..

because for some reason, like every poor bugger else. I keep coming back for some obscure reason in the more often than not - stupid false hope that descends over all of us in pre season.

As for it becoming fashionable for people to say enough is enough now? It's hardly like it's just started. It was the same years back on Oldham fans forums and i'd guess it'll be the same for years to come - I guess its come with the internet boom that it's more occuring than it used to be amongst fans.

They're not the best of names no, and you can throw in a good 40 more. Most of the players though that have been absolutely dire in those really dark days, at least played with a smile on there face. A bit of passion, determination and a can do attitude. All that most fans ask for. No one expects worldbeaters. If we did, we'd be down at Old Trafford every other week. What I cant expect is professional players who show a clear lack of passion, looking like they'd rather be somewhere else and unable to do the basics they're being asked of by the management. Give me a team of Ernie Cooksey's over this lot at the moment anyday of the week.

Regarding TTA. The thing with Season Ticket's and the lack of them that will follow this summer going at this rate, is that we wont be able to sign any players of any quality and we'll find ourselves going round in circles and backwards yet again. No realists expected nothing of note this season. I think pretty much every Latics fan knew it'd be a midtable season and i'm sure I could cope with this position if I felt that I was being entertained or at least seeing something we could build on. Boundary Park and football under previous managers - Moore, Talbot and Wadsworth became a chore. Something that you felt you had to do, rather than a want. This is what this season with regards to football at home games is like. Away games I can tolerate, mainly due to the attitude which gets adopted by travelling 'tics which is like the Millwall one today you talk about further down your post.

I'm not generally fussed at away games about the result. Generally I dont know the score till the next morning anyway, due to the amount of alcohol intake. Home games. All I ask for is a bit of pride in wearing the shirt. Today - particularly in the first half. They looked scared to death.

For me it isn't all doom and gloom this year, the sunshine and light comes from the young lads that have come through and at times done mans jobs even though they have had the precitable dips too.

Certainly hasnt been all doom and gloom. Trotman, Allesandra and co coming through proved that.

You're preaching to the converted in that respect. I was one of the very few on here who actually said about Kilkenny going to Leeds was a good move for him. Which is the most recent similarity. I was the same in the Porter fiasco, till I got fed up of being told to f**k off so I gave in. :thumbsdown:

With regards to players being booed. I agree with you. Particularly to the younger ones. The abuse directed at Taylor by some in the Lookers Upper is nothing short of disgraceful. He cant do anything right in some of their eyes. I'm not one for booing at games or hurling abuse at players. I'll moan to myself but I wouldnt blurt it out to a player like some feel the need to. It only has one effect on anyone and it's not positive so what's the point?

Agree with that. They were some of the best 'lower numbered' fans we've had in years. Particularly noise wise. Though they had that beautiful thing of the being the away side and that mentality.

There players seemed to have that same mentality pre game in the warm up's and the huddle pre game whilst ours kicked thin air and stared into space. The huddle might not seem much to some, but it just gives players the chance to show that last bit of unity and team spirit with one another. It also gives the team's fans the extra chance to burst into a roar.

The atmosphere was flat. Just like it has been for the most part of this season. As for Stam. I personally think he's a liability and have said it for months.

Ditto. Good post B) , but i'm off to man yoo. :lol::blink:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Given the unprecedented injury crisis we are currently faced with, I'm surprised at the amount of negativity about recent performances we are seeing on this board.

No team in this division would not be struggling given the same injury problems we are faced with.

Crossley, Pogliacomi, Gregan, Thompson, Allott, Kalala, Davies, Hughes, Alessandra, Liddell, Livermore, Jarrett, Robertson all injured for varying periods of time, thats a full team right there.

We have had to throw 18/19 year old lads in at the deep end nearly every week of the season, they have in the main done very well along with many loan signings who themselves have got injured.

Yet people unrealistically expect us to still be right up there challenging for promotion.

Given the injuries we have had I think we have done well not to get dragged into the relegation mire tbh.

To be calling for Shez's head under these circumstances is just stupid.

Given the unprecedented injury crisis we are currently faced with, I'm surprised at the amount of negativity about recent performances we are seeing on this board.

No team in this division would not be struggling given the same injury problems we are faced with.

Crossley, Pogliacomi, Gregan, Thompson, Allott, Kalala, Davies, Hughes, Alessandra, Liddell, Livermore, Jarrett, Robertson all injured for varying periods of time, thats a full team right there.

We have had to throw 18/19 year old lads in at the deep end nearly every week of the season, they have in the main done very well along with many loan signings who themselves have got injured.

Yet people unrealistically expect us to still be right up there challenging for promotion.

Given the injuries we have had I think we have done well not to get dragged into the relegation mire tbh.

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries. Before all the injuries, performances have been poor. Which is exactly my point. Consistantly poor performances throughout the season, particularly at home - yet people still wonder why we get sub 5,000 crowds and atmosphere's as poor as we do. Injury's or not. We've been poor this season.

No team in the division wouldnt be struggling, but that's football. Injuries are apart of it and you have to be prepared for any consequences. There are a number of things available to Shez to bring in adequate cover such as emergency loans and short term contracts, yet he most of the time chooses to churn the same stuff out what he's looking for rather than doing something about it - Creative Midfielder. Striker. His comments in the post match reports have generally been in the same vein for most of the season, even without all these injuries. We have been consistantly poor under Shez for going on a year now - or have people suddenly forgot the performances at Crewe, Brentford, Cheltenham in the latter stages of last season to name but a few. Same predictable boring football week in, week out. No matter who's playing or injured.

What 18/19 year old kids have we exactly thrown in at the deep end? Lewis Allesandra being the only one it'd seem. Even though in pre season along with Davies, he impressed people. Particularly in the Sheff Wednesday friendly when he ran them ragged. Most people in the stands that night where gutted when he got injured as he looked the more promising player on the pitch.

Wolfy - This the same one who's been in the set up for four years? Same goes for Lomax who's been with the set up for years and has played in 2 dozen games for Latics before this season. Paul Black and Josh Bell havent been used, be it on the subs bench. Smalley has been with the first team set up since the summer and pretty much knew he was in Shez's plans following Liddell's injury.

Expecting us to go up? Who Is? Certainly not me. Most of my posts the past months have been that the season is fizzling out and that people are living on a false hope thinking we've still got a chance. I just cant accept performance after performance of a shocking standard on a weekly basis, injuries or no injuries. The bottom line for me, is that the football under Shez is p*** poor at current and has been all season and the back end of last season even without injuries. The only people who expect us to go up have been the ones who seemingly believe Shez's words that we still have a chance. After saying things like that and being so close to the playoffs, you'd expect a little bit of fight and a performance of an average standard at last - yet it constantly falls way short of the mark.

I suppose injuries are to blame for the reason we couldnt take corners for the opening 6 months of the season?

Calling for Shez's head? Who, what, were when?

Edited by Rocky_Latic

we have done well considering the start we have had,that was terrible and could of kept us at the bottom all season.but they did well and battled back to a reasonable position.

the only reason people keep expecting us to be challenging for the playoffs...is because the manager keeps coming out and saying there still there for the taking.if the manager came out and said well,thats it for this season,we have done well to get where we are,but now the injurys are decimating us and we cant justify spending transfer money on stopgap signings,we shall regroup at the end of the season assess our positions and have a proper go next season.

then fans would say.well at least hes honest,and in a way right.but if he did he would get abuse on here of not trying with 7 games left and only 4 points off a playoff spot,plus the club has to keep season ticket holders on side or they wont renew.