"Encroachment"

I just noticed on Mr. "Beag Teets" signature of Redders famous pen that there looks to be some Latics fans from the Chaddy End encroaching in the 18 yard box.

Could Sheff Wed have pleaded a case for having the penalty retaken or is it not against the rules of the game for fans to encroach? :wink:

(Yes, I'm bored and yes I'm living in the past... Sorry Ronnie.)

I just noticed on Mr. "Beag Teets" signature of Redders famous pen that there looks to be some Latics fans from the Chaddy End encroaching in the 18 yard box.

Could Sheff Wed have pleaded a case for having the penalty retaken or is it not against the rules of the game for fans to encroach? :wink:

The rule clearly point out that it is wrong for players to encroach....says nothing about fans :lol: Pen should of stood :)

The ref delayed the taking of that pen longer than I've ever known one to be delayed. He even walked diagonally across the penalty area in front of Redders and booked Danny Wilson, who was encroaching. He then walked back and eventually blew the whistle for it to be taken.

P.S. During all the delay, the trophy was being engraved at Upton Park with West Ham's name. :laught16:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

P.S. During all the delay, the trophy was being engraved at Upton Park with West Ham's name. :laught16:

Yes, went to Preston v Portsmouth (and popped into the football museum) and with a lot of neck bending (the trophy is turned around so you don't notice) managed to see a W somehow turned into an O.

The rule clearly point out that it is wrong for players to encroach....says nothing about fans :lol: Pen should of stood :)

Thanks oafc000. Can you check this in the rules?:

1. Redders shoots.

2. Pressman parries in attempt to turn ball round for a corner.

3. Ball hits invading Tic fan and deflects into Barlows path.

4. Barlow buries ball in back of net.

5. Barlow is even bigger hero than he was already (Player of Season)

Would this be the theory of "the second shooter"?

:grin:

(Still bored. Still living in the past. Still at work garcon)

Edited by martjs

Thanks oafc000. Can you check this in the rules:

1. Redders shoots.

Is this the theory of "the second shooter".

..and then can we have: A player breaks through rounds the keeper and slots the ball towards an empty net. A fan then runs on the pitch and clears it behind*.

*I'm sure someone at Wolves tried to do this once.

Thanks oafc000. Can you check this in the rules?:

1. Redders shoots.

Would this be the theory of "the second shooter"?

Outside involvement.

Drop ball.

The ref delayed the taking of that pen longer than I've ever known one to be delayed. He even walked diagonally across the penalty area in front of Redders and booked Danny Wilson, who was encroaching. He then walked back and eventually blew the whistle for it to be taken.

Did our name get on the trophy then, or did it show WHU as the winners that year???

LOL. Can you imagine what would happened if the ref had done that?!?

The game would have been a 2-2 draw and we wouldn't have been 2nd Division Champions, finishing 3rd instead behind The Hammers and The Wendies.

We'd have gone up with even lower expectations but would've used that to our advantage and gone on to dominate the First Division seeing Ferguson sacked after another mauling by Latics at Old Trafford - a defeat which sent them down and eventually out of business. After winning the First Division in our first Season, we'd have gone on to win the first 3 Premier League Titles and also clinched several Champions League triumphs eventually eclipsing Real Madrid as Europe's most succesful team.

As our feeder Club, Wimbledon would never have left Plough lane and so the Franchise would never have been formed.

Our Club would now be so massive that we wouldn't matter. This Messageboard would be replicated in Malaysian; Korean, Chinese and 326 other languages. OWTB would be full of people called "Jules from Devon" who didn't even know where The HSBC Boundary Park was located.

We'd also play our matches at 3.30 on a Sunday Morning and tickets would cost £57 in the Sony Paddock although at least the retractable roof would keep everyone dry and warm.

Just think yourself lucky that the ref wasn't on the ball that day.

ref did right 3000+ ladies and gentleman charging in your direction he just legged it - didnt care

So you could argue that Shez was resposible for the most successful period in our history, after all wasn't it he who tripped Andy "puddin' on a muffin" Barlow for the pen.

So stick that in your "Shez out" pipe and smoke it!

hey ghosty less of that i own that pudding on a muffin shirt he wore that day :grin: and by the way

MUFFIN = stands for that rare football supporter you dont often see = man united footbal fan in north

Edited by neiladamsheadband