Talk about the have's and the have nots

We've seen threads on here about how much Latics have made (money) through various means and talk of making 150k here and there and what difference that'll make to Shez's pot. Mascherano as just been fined 150K for his sending off the other week. Talk about the rich/poor divide. Just brings it home doesn't it everytime you hear or read these kinda things. Or how Lampard wants more money for himself than Latics generate in a full season. It just seems so crazy in them terms.

We've seen threads on here about how much Latics have made (money) through various means and talk of making 150k here and there and what difference that'll make to Shez's pot. Mascherano as just been fined 150K for his sending off the other week. Talk about the rich/poor divide. Just brings it home doesn't it everytime you hear or read these kinda things. Or how Lampard wants more money for himself than Latics generate in a full season. It just seems so crazy in them terms.

Very true but to be honest does it surpise you anymore?

Very true but to be honest does it surpise you anymore?

This is the other side of why our attendances are falling. Our own lack of progress is compounded by the hopelessness of the position of clubs like ours in the face of football's finances being concentrated at the top.

Clubs like ours have been reduced from being able to occasionally compete with the middle-to-lower level top flight clubs to one that can't even compete with massive Doncaster and massive Swansea.

It all has an effect on people's ability to care about any of it.

This is the other side of why our attendances are falling. Our own lack of progress is compounded by the hopelessness of the position of clubs like ours in the face of football's finances being concentrated at the top.

Clubs like ours have been reduced from being able to occasionally compete with the middle-to-lower level top flight clubs to one that can't even compete with massive Doncaster and massive Swansea.

Played Doncaster 4 times this season W1 D2 L1

Played Swansea 2 times this season W1 D0 L1

I'd say we've competed with them :grin:

When was the last time you checked the league table? :thumbsdown:

Lol....we can all thrown names of teams about like Corporal has....I'm making that point that teams get promoted and relegated and it's easy to point at the top of the table and moan why we ain't there. It's pretty obvious why Swansea and Donny are up there and we're not.....5 figure crowds in the Valleys and John Ryan, the Roman of this level. We're not in their league....doesn't hurt my pride to admit it, but probably does Corporals.

Hey....I checked the league table by the way.....we've not beaten Luton this season but they're gunna go down.....swings and roundabouts....

PS Donny stat is wrong...played them 5 times this season. Add another draw onto the above.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol....we can all thrown names of teams about like Corporal has....I'm making that point that teams get promoted and relegated and it's easy to point at the top of the table and moan why we ain't there. It's pretty obvious why Swansea and Donny are up there and we're not.....5 figure crowds in the Valleys and John Ryan, the Roman of this level. We're not in their league....doesn't hurt my pride to admit it, but probably does Corporals.

Hey....I checked the league table by the way.....we've not beaten Luton this season but they're gunna go down.....swings and roundabouts....

PS Donny stat is wrong...played them 5 times this season. Add another draw onto the above.

It isn't names I've thrown about but facts.

3600 home fans and falling...Seems it isn't only my pride that's hurt then.

What really brings it home is that that made me think, "Only £15,000, he won't give a toss about that."

And he's had two weeks wages docked.. so he'll have lost about £100,000?

That's madness really, considering he won't really miss it.

Probably pay our squad for a month with that, it's all a bit sickening really.

And he's had two weeks wages docked.. so he'll have lost about £100,000?

That's madness really, considering he won't really miss it.

Probably pay our squad for a month with that, it's all a bit sickening really.

Two months!

Corney said had we gone up last season and West Ham come down, Lucas Neill on his unbreakable contract would have been earning 60k a week. In the Championship.

That is more than our weekly wage bill. For one player :huh:

*edit for being a dunce*

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

It isn't names I've thrown about but facts.

3600 home fans and falling...Seems it isn't only my pride that's hurt then.

Just worth pointing out, that when we played Bournemouth recently, it was the THIRD home game in a week, in a month where some people are still paying bills from Xmas andwith a mini-recession heading our way. There was bound to be a few folk that won't turn up. Furthermore, I can't even remember when we've last had 3 home games in a week.

So what's that? about perhaps 300-400 short on a normal Saturday crowd against like-for-like opposition? Given the above it stands to reason.

Just worth pointing out, that when we played Bournemouth recently, it was the THIRD home game in a week, in a month where some people are still paying bills from Xmas andwith a mini-recession heading our way. There was bound to be a few folk that won't turn up. Furthermore, I can't even remember when we've last had 3 home games in a week.

So what's that? about perhaps 300-400 short on a normal Saturday crowd against like-for-like opposition? Given the above it stands to reason.

Add to the fact 4 homes games and 1 local away game in 15 days.....3 of the 4 home being midweek games.

Damn right I don't care. I was lucky enough to take a trip to carrington the other week absolutely imense facilities which are along way from what Chapel road is like or what we are ever likely to have.

I ain't gonna sit their worrying and wining about what other clubs have and have not I worry about where we are going at the moment I can see a future for this club with TTa we are in the right hands.