Two new signings

It's top news this. B)

I reckon both will start on the bench. Hopefully Liddell can get 15-20 minutes near the end.

Liddell was warming up with the squad last Saturday, he wasn't kicking a ball the few minutes I saw

but he looked to be running without any discomfort so yeah give him 15-20 minutes. Can see Gregan starting.

Crikey! Looks like we may have 5 subs tomorrow!

With Black, Kelly, Winters and O'Donnell in the 16, then either Gregan or Liddell looks likely to start.

Only other option to me other than a starting berth for Gregan in midfield is if Kelly is selected ahead of him. Following Reserve Team reports from decent judges like Diego; Lags and BP1960, then perhaps Young Ashley isn't the man for the job.

Crikey! Looks like we may have 5 subs tomorrow!

With Black, Kelly, Winters and O'Donnell in the 16, then either Gregan or Liddell looks likely to start.

Only other option to me other than a starting berth for Gregan in midfield is if Kelly is selected ahead of him. Following Reserve Team reports from decent judges like Diego; Lags and BP1960, then perhaps Young Ashley isn't the man for the job.

Saw him (Kelly) in a cameo appearance at Macclesfield, last pre-season. He did look very good, but obviously the other guys have seen a lot more of the lad. Its a shame really because he did look a neat and tidy player and quite a good prospect. There have also been suggestions he has a bit of an attitude problem.

Saw him (Kelly) in a cameo appearance at Macclesfield, last pre-season. He did look very good, but obviously the other guys have seen a lot more of the lad. Its a shame really because he did look a neat and tidy player and quite a good prospect. There have also been suggestions he has a bit of an attitude problem.

I've seen him a few times, though not that many times this season, and i think the potential is there and he just needs to get his head down and put some hard work in

Both Prozac and Gemma are right. Kelly does have ability (whether enough in league one given his size I doubt) but he just seems to be more interested in struting his stuff. Kinda 'look at me am a footballer and great looking' rather then the attitude I've not made it yet I am gonna get my head down and do this. This observation maybe harsh on the lad cos I don't know him personally and ther for it is just that, an observation looking from the outside on his performances on the pitch. Sometimes that step up from Stiffs to first team is a gulf to some whereas others it's effortless it seems.

EDIT: I can't see how Liddell can be anywhere near ready, not even a stiff's outing.

Edited by Lags

Both Prozac and Gemma are right. Kelly does have ability (whether enough in league one given his size I doubt) but he just seems to be more interested in struting his stuff. Kinda 'look at me am a footballer and great looking' rather then the attitude I've not made it yet I am gonna get my head down and do this. This observation maybe harsh on the lad cos I don't know him personally and ther for it is just that, an observation looking from the outside on his performances on the pitch. Sometimes that step up from Stiffs to first team is a gulf to some whereas others it's effortless it seems.

EDIT: I can't see how Liddell can be anywhere near ready, not even a stiff's outing.

I was thinking the same about Lids. I presume he will just be put on the bench if we have no-one else available and only used in an emergency

Well almost, Greegs and Liddell (somewhat surprisingly) included for the trip to the County Ground. Will feel like we have two new players and some badly needed experience.

Linkypoos

Who is this Liddell bloke then??? Seem to remember someone by that name being good about two years ago.... then he went crap, got injured, and dissappeared from the face of the earth??? cant be the same bloke can it... can it????

:blink::wink:

..... welcome back boys, you are much needed.

Just to say though... if gregan is to start... instead of playing him in midfield I would much rather see hazell moved to RB - and eards pushed forward - giving this:

Hazell Greeeegs Stam Lomax

Eards Allott Jarrett Taylor

Smalley Zebedee

More balanced for me....

Just to say though... if gregan is to start... instead of playing him in midfield I would much rather see hazell moved to RB - and eards pushed forward - giving this:

Smalley Zebedee

More balanced for me....

Interesting idea but for me Jarret has to play where he played against Hudders....if he can make that sort of performance the norm then he is our best and most important player.

Great to see Lidds back.

Who is this Liddell bloke then??? Seem to remember someone by that name being good about two years ago.... then he went crap, got injured, and dissappeared from the face of the earth??? cant be the same bloke can it... can it????

:blink::wink:

..... welcome back boys, you are much needed.

Smalley Zebedee

More balanced for me....

Hmmm! Quite like the look of that.

as i said months ago, get greegs screening the back 4 so theres 5 players behind his mistakes instead of one and he surely cant play anybody onside from that position. also he can pinch people and whisper to them and all that other stuff he loves to do, straight swap livermore for greegs.

as i said months ago, get greegs screening the back 4 so theres 5 players behind his mistakes instead of one and he surely cant play anybody onside from that position. also he can pinch people and whisper to them and all that other stuff he loves to do, straight swap livermore for greegs.

Oh no, he doesn't do nasty things to those nice boys on the other side does he? The big brute.

Oh no, he doesn't do nasty things to those nice boys on the other side does he? The big brute.

good news there back,greegs will play as hes played in 3 ressie games,but cant see the club wanting to risk liddell,he hasnt played a ressie game and it said the other day he would do that next week,if his problems sorted out i think rushing him back could backfire and he could have a relapse and mess it up for next season.....only a thought

good news there back,greegs will play as hes played in 3 ressie games,but cant see the club wanting to risk liddell,he hasnt played a ressie game and it said the other day he would do that next week,if his problems sorted out i think rushing him back could backfire and he could have a relapse and mess it up for next season.....only a thought

thats if hes still here next year, isnt his contract up? prob gona have to take a massive drop in wages to stay.

David Livermore's departure has really upset the team. We no longer can play our 4-3-3 unless Gregan comes into midfield. As it it, the site sounded a lot more positive about Lids' return.

Eardley won't play as a winger - I can't see it at all. I'm interested to see tomorrow what Shez is gonna do.