Season Tickets

Any idea when prices for next season will be announced or do we have to wait until we are mathmatically certain not to make the playoffs?

Dont think it has been announced, It would make sense to issue them before the last home game so at least those that are not from the area can purchase them on the last remaining matchday.

Just seen this in the chron

"The cost of admission and season tickets could well be announced by the end of this week, but there is unlikely to be a surprise.

Athletic’s chief executive Alan Hardy said the club had looked at various schemes - such as Bradford City’s “buy one, get one free†offer - but would stick to a traditional format"

Dont mean to be all Doom and Gloom but I think we will have more than a few people not renewing this year... Also cant see us making up this shortfall with new season ticket holders....

Edited by NIKI1234

Just seen this in the cron

"The cost of admission and season tickets could well be announced by the end of this week, but there is unlikely to be a surprise.

Athletic’s chief executive Alan Hardy said the club had looked at various schemes - such as Bradford City’s “buy one, get one free” offer - but would stick to a traditional format"

Good! my personal belief is you do not pay for good football or results or a promotion season or entertaining football. You buy a season ticket because you want to and you want to give the club your money up front.

Others disagree and are wrong entitled to their opinion but I would rather TTA and he who walks backwards spend their time running the club rather than thinking up hare-brained schemes to let us pay 50p per game if the game falls on a Tuesday after a full moon if we get 17 people in the back of 1982 Capri.

Good! my personal belief is you do not pay for good football or results or a promotion season or entertaining football. You buy a season ticket because you want to and you want to give the club your money up front.

Others disagree and are wrong entitled to their opinion but I would rather TTA and he who walks backwards spend their time running the club rather than thinking up hare-brained schemes to let us pay 50p per game if the game falls on a Tuesday after a full moon if we get 17 people in the back of 1982 Capri.

Excellent Post, very true IMO.

I pay for both sets of these things. I didnt reknew my season ticket last season but went to the majority of games and therefore probably payed more in total. I will be doing the same next season.

I will be renewing unless there is a stupidly large increase.

I also agree that with a scheme like Bradford's we would not generate anywhere near enough extra ticket sales to make it viable but I think it would be a nice touch if there was a small saving on last year's prices say from £326 to £300 as a means of a small thank you to the people who fork out for season tickets year in year out.

It would be nice to see a little incentive, like others have said i doubt whether a scheme like they had at Bradford would work but they could perhaps offer a 20% discount on a season ticket in 09/10 season should you buy a season ticket for next season and we get promoted.

I know I am out on a limb here but why should they offer an incentive? You don't get an incentive to buy milk or a cd or a car or a jumper so why should this purchase be any different?

Less money in to the club means less money for players and wages. I would love it if we knew that a season ticket was going to cost £150 and included cup games and a half time nosh off from Angeline Jolie but the realities are that it won't.

It will cost at least twice that, cup games will cost extra and there will be no nosh off. The football won't be great, it will be cold and often wet and will take ages to get out of the car park. The pies will be as unappetising as ever, don't get me started on the excuse for coffee (even though it is the best it has been ever) the toilets will be terrible and the away fans will sing more.

The strike it lucky first prize will get lower and lower as the crowd does and the programme will not be value for money, the new away kit will look awful and some of the signings will be terrible. Shez will say some silly things and the crowd will boo at half time if we are drawing/losing, some of the players first touch will be abysmal and some of the shots will hit the roof of the Chaddy or go out for a throw-in. The stewarding will be heavy handed and the PA will sound terrible and play crap records.

It is your choice whether you want to be a part of this.

Surely you buy in the hope that you do get the good football and promotion though. At the end of the day though, you are the sort that TTA are probably not that bothered about. You're loyal and as you have just said you will continue to pay the money. What they will be more bothered about is how to attract the extra people that will enable the club to break even and obviously them people don't share your view.

I had Angelina, she’s rubbish anyway.

If they manage not to give me the wrong pie at any point next season, I’ll be fairly content. At the end of the day this division isn’t so bad and a club our size really ought to be grateful that we are in it.

Surely you buy in the hope that you do get the good football and promotion though. At the end of the day though, you are the sort that TTA are probably not that bothered about. You're loyal and as you have just said you will continue to pay the money. What they will be more bothered about is how to attract the extra people that will enable the club to break even and obviously them people don't share your view.

I disagree. They have given up on them now, rightly or wrongly. They've tried and tried and tried to get these people in. The £2 games said it all to them....and so incentives are a thing of the past. Relying on the die-hards (2,500) plus rolling 1,000+ fairly loyal supporters every week (those where some make it one week but don't the next etc.) and then the rest made up of the fickledoms and fairweatherers and away fans who come along. Hence the cost cutting in every area of the club lately (esp marketing of the club.)

I know I am out on a limb here but why should they offer an incentive? You don't get an incentive to buy milk or a cd or a car or a jumper so why should this purchase be any different?

Less money in to the club means less money for players and wages. I would love it if we knew that a season ticket was going to cost £150 and included cup games and a half time nosh off from Angeline Jolie but the realities are that it won't.

It will cost at least twice that, cup games will cost extra and there will be no nosh off. The football won't be great, it will be cold and often wet and will take ages to get out of the car park. The pies will be as unappetising as ever, don't get me started on the excuse for coffee (even though it is the best it has been ever) the toilets will be terrible and the away fans will sing more.

The strike it lucky first prize will get lower and lower as the crowd does and the programme will not be value for money, the new away kit will look awful and some of the signings will be terrible. Shez will say some silly things and the crowd will boo at half time if we are drawing/losing, some of the players first touch will be abysmal and some of the shots will hit the roof of the Chaddy or go out for a throw-in. The stewarding will be heavy handed and the PA will sound terrible and play crap records.

If they want more fans to turn up then they have to. It's the way the game has gone now, people can see at home at watch better quality football on TV or go and watch City/Bolton/Blackburn/Burnley/Preston etc who all play a higher level of football but who you can go watch for less money in some cases and in others the same amount or only slightly more. You have to attract fans and they way we have played this season won't have attracted many to come next season. Oldham is a working class town and football is now a very expensive hobby and some people can't justify paying out so much money. It's like buying a car or something, most places offer a years free insurance or 20% off if you buy within a certain time period, or free servicing or whatever, football is now a business and in order to get that business you either have to be extremely successful and so could charge whatever you wanted and still fill the ground most games or give people an incentive to want to come.

I will probably buy a season ticket no matter what but it will be a struggle money wise and some people just wont be able to especially after what many people consider to be a disappointing season.

If they want more fans to turn up then they have to. It's the way the game has gone now, people can see at home at watch better quality football on TV or go and watch City/Bolton/Blackburn/Burnley/Preston etc who all play a higher level of football but who you can go watch for less money in some cases and in others the same amount or only slightly more. You have to attract fans and they way we have played this season won't have attracted many to come next season. Oldham is a working class town and football is now a very expensive hobby and some people can't justify paying out so much money. It's like buying a car or something, most places offer a years free insurance or 20% off if you buy within a certain time period, or free servicing or whatever, football is now a business and in order to get that business you either have to be extremely successful and so could charge whatever you wanted and still fill the ground most games or give people an incentive to want to come.

I will probably buy a season ticket no matter what but it will be a struggle money wise and some people just wont be able to especially after what many people consider to be a disappointing season.

Gemma, I am not getting at you, I think we have had this discussion before and I think we will agree to disagree but as for the line I have highlighted, there are Mercedes and there are Skodas and there is the bus and shanks pony, you pay what you can afford.

If TTA put the price at £150 then people will still say it is too much and if it was £100 then they would get one, then if they put it to £100 people would want £75..etc..

As has been said I will be getting a season ticket even though money is a bit tight but I will cut back on some things to make sure I can afford it. Granted not everyone will do that and there will be a bit more space in BP next season despite my recent attempts to fill it with my enlarged gut.

I would love it, love it if next season is as good as I think and hope it could be, to see BP filling up week after week with people paying on the day cursing that they didn't get the season ticket when they had the chance.

I think its totally different. The football club are providing a source of entertainment. They shouldnt just give up on trying to attract support. We have seen the potential of the town when we let people in for free and it was a sell-out. I think a good attempt to attract new and existing supporters should be made every season. If you dont then crowds will just continue to dwindle. Such systems have worked at other clubs so why not ours.

I disagree. They have given up on them now, rightly or wrongly. They've tried and tried and tried to get these people in. The £2 games said it all to them....and so incentives are a thing of the past. Relying on the die-hards (2,500) plus rolling 1,000+ fairly loyal supporters every week (those where some make it one week but don't the next etc.) and then the rest made up of the fickledoms and fairweatherers and away fans who come along. Hence the cost cutting in every area of the club lately (esp marketing of the club.)

To be honest I don't think incentives will work. Its more about having entertainment i.e. the chance of promotion and entertaining football that will get the fans in. Yes the die hards are keeping the club rolling over but its just as much TTA. I hope they havent given up on the extra fans, because I think that will mean they will have given up on the club.

The point being is that in any business, the loyal are the most worthless in financial terms. Why, because if your attracting the not so loyal you are doing well, just look at any mobile phone contract and you will see how the newbys get more attention paid to them that the old and loyal.

It will cost at least twice that, cup games will cost extra and there will be no nosh off.

Not off miss Jolie anyway :disappointed:

The football won't be great, it will be cold and often wet and will take ages to get out of the car park.

Especially in a 1982 Capri

The pies will be as unappetising as ever, don't get me started on the excuse for coffee (even though it is the best it has been ever) the toilets will be terrible and the away fans will sing more.

Apart from that it'll be a right laugh. So ditch them shopping bags, put two fingers up at Jeff Stelling and get on down to Boundary Park, where all your dreams will come true (subject to status, terms apply). :chubb:

Gemma, I am not getting at you, I think we have had this discussion before and I think we will agree to disagree but as for the line I have highlighted, there are Mercedes and there are Skodas and there is the bus and shanks pony, you pay what you can afford.

If TTA put the price at £150 then people will still say it is too much and if it was £100 then they would get one, then if they put it to £100 people would want £75..etc..

As has been said I will be getting a season ticket even though money is a bit tight but I will cut back on some things to make sure I can afford it. Granted not everyone will do that and there will be a bit more space in BP next season despite my recent attempts to fill it with my enlarged gut.

I would love it, love it if next season is as good as I think and hope it could be, to see BP filling up week after week with people paying on the day cursing that they didn't get the season ticket when they had the chance.

Not really when i got my car i got it over a grand cheaper with loads of free extras than i got offered at other dealers for exactly the same car.

I am not saying for them to reduce the prices for the season ticket all i am suggesting that an added incentive would probably encourage the fans who are not sure whether to get one or one to go and buy one. Offering a bit off the price of the following season's season ticket should we get promoted or offering a free cup game - the LDV or something which many season ticket holders don't come to - would go a long way to encouraging people to buy a season ticket. And TTA did say a while ago now that they would do something for season ticket holders after many of them got locked out of the free game (i'm not saying the free game was a bad thing but had i been one of the season ticket holder who got locked out i wouldn't have been happy) and as of yet i don't think they have

The fact is TTA want people to come to watch Latics and rightly or wrongly they are going to have to win them over

As you say we'll have to agree to disagree, but i'm a woman i like to have the last word :D

Milk is a price inelastic product. You could change the price of milk and demand would always be constant.

CD's and Jumpers - have you purchased these items in the last 50 years. There are always incentives. Maybe you may have heard about the January Sales. Obviously not a business man.

Saying that, I think we have got a price inelastic product at Oldham. Though if the supply improved, maybe the demand would to.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

We don’t actually know that the promotions like the £2 entry didn’t work. We are in a period of not so good attendances and it’s not always the same people who make go to the match. There’s no saying that we might not have had 50 or 100 less people at later matches if some irregulars or total newbies hadn’t got a feel for it on the promo days. I‘m pretty sure I wouldn’t have become a Latics fan if I’d not gone when they let schoolkids in for free, and I bet I’m not the only one. It isn’t an either/or, they should keep chipping away with ideas to get more people along, and carry on trying to get a successful and entertaining team together.

We don’t actually know that the promotions like the £2 entry didn’t work. We are in a period of not so good attendances and it’s not always the same people who make go to the match. There’s no saying that we might not have had 50 or 100 less people at later matches if some irregulars or total newbies hadn’t got a feel for it on the promo days. I‘m pretty sure I wouldn’t have become a Latics fan if I’d not gone when they let schoolkids in for free, and I bet I’m not the only one. It isn’t an either/or, they should keep chipping away with ideas to get more people along, and carry on trying to get a successful and entertaining team together.

One of the reasons I became a Latic (on a regular basis) was visiting the ground when I was in the cubs and getting to play on the pitch.