Not a criticism this

But does anyone know the answer. Why can ST's be bought online with a credit card yet not at the ticket office in person? (and no one please be clever and say try boots) maybe it'll be another option to those who don't have the full wedge in cash and don't mind paying off the Credit card over a couple of months. Or even take out a new Credit card that give you six months interest free.

Edited by Lags

But does anyone know the answer. Why can ST's be bought online with a credit card yet not at the ticket office in person? (and no one please be clever and say try boots) maybe it'll be another option to those who don't have the full wedge in cash and don't mind paying off the Credit card over a couple of months. Or even take out a new Credit card that give you six months interest free.

I think it has something to do with the accreditation. The club has had a problem with credit card companies since being in administration, but I think thay have a partner for the online sales, that overcomes that particular problem.

Hope this helps lags.

Harry.

Here you go Lags. Why you can't use a Credit Card to buy a Season Ticket

I worked in the Cards Industry for several years and this post should explain the reasons for not accepting Credit Cards.

"Why can ST's be bought online with a credit card yet not at the ticket office in person?"

I thought Lags said they could * but it has to be online.

* Just checked OS and STs can be bought online at:

https://eticketing.co.uk/oafc/default.aspx

Edited by martjs

"Why can ST's be bought online with a credit card yet not at the ticket office in person?"

I thought Lags said they could * but it has to be online.

* Just checked OS and STs can be bought online at:

https://eticketing.co.uk/oafc/default.aspx

i did all this yesterday....

shame that it's obviously got hidden away in a post that was cluttered with a MOD giving me financial advice!!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13617&hl=

i did all this yesterday....

shame that it's obviously got hidden away in a post that was cluttered with a MOD giving me financial advice!!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13617&hl=

I'll be amazed if the credit card option is still available when it comes to buying Season Tickets online.

Unless of course some deal has been done with Ticketmaster so that they take the hit for any Chargebacks. That isn't beyond the realms of possibility but using a third party to sell the tickets will not change the options available to a Card holder in terms of "Services not rendered".

Oh and remembering my Banking Exams, Premium Bonds are an excellent tax free investment TTD. :)

Update on this - and it is great news.

I've checked with OAFC and the credit card option is available to purchase Season Tickets online. The transactions are being processed through a separate third party Acquirer and so if you want to pay by credit card, you will have to do so using the online System and not at the Club Ticket Office. OAFC's Acquirer will still not accept credit cards for purchasing Season Tickets.

Clearly, this means that the cost of a Season Ticket can be spread without having to resort to the alternative facility from Zebra financing.

Hopefully, this will make it easier for many and should lead to more Season Ticket sales than previously envisaged. As Lags has said, if you can get a card with a 6 month's interest free introductory offer, then getting a Season Ticket and watching Latics for just £13.40 a match is even better value!

Well done OAFC. You've just got 3 new U-12 Season Ticket Holders for the RRE!

:)

Hopefully, this will make it easier for many and should lead to more Season Ticket sales than previously envisaged. As Lags has said, if you can get a card with a 6 month's interest free introductory offer, then getting a Season Ticket and watching Latics for just £13.40 a match is even better value!

I noticed the bank I use (HSBC) is offering 12 months interest-free on credit card purchases for new card holders:

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/credit-cards

FYI, I am not promoting them, do not work for them and I'll get no coin if anyone takes them up on the offer!

I've checked with OAFC and the credit card option is available to purchase Season Tickets online. The transactions are being processed through a separate third party Acquirer and so if you want to pay by credit card, you will have to do so using the online System and not at the Club Ticket Office. OAFC's Acquirer will still not accept credit cards for purchasing Season Tickets.

Clearly, this means that the cost of a Season Ticket can be spread without having to resort to the alternative facility from Zebra financing.

Well done OAFC. You've just got 3 new U-12 Season Ticket Holders for the RRE!

:)

So what you are saying is my original reply to Lags was right. :wink:

So what you are saying is my original reply to Lags was right. :wink:

Clearly a lucky guess. :shock: What do you know about the Ticketing at Boundary Park anyway? :wink:

I really thought the creditcard option would be removed for online Season Tickets because of the Chargeback Rules. Good on OAFC for negotiating a great supporter-friendly deal with the third party Company.

As the opening post in this thread suggests I knew the credit card option was available via online booking, so that was never in doubt IC, I just didn't understand why it was, yet not in person at the ticket office. However thanks for those who took time out to find the answer.

Well there you have it folks, get yourself an intrest free period on a Credit Card and watch Latics for a very very low £13.40 per match all season long. At that price does it matter if you miss 2 to 4 games through hols and working? and not forgetting priviledges re cup games or picking seats in the new main stand when it's here!

Does anyone know what the surcharge is for buying Season Ticket online via C.Card thru the OAFC E-Ticketing system

Just in the past Ticketmaster have been very good at charging an absolute fortune for processing c.card payments for gigs etc I have booked through them.