Just got back from Northampton

Think the players have all packed their cases for their holidays and couldn't really be bothered to try today. I am not going to single anyone out for being poor, they were collectively poor, the only one I would give an ounce of credit to was Lewis when he came on. You had to give it to Northampton - they passed the ball better, created and took their chances and made us look like a sunday league team. Yet again, I wonder why I bother, but yes, I will be there next week.

A couple of questions to ponder over : why are all our corners short instead of in the box? Why hoof it up for Matty Wolfenden - he cannot win any headers like that? Why don't they wish to see the season out on a high?

Disappointed with their lack of motivation and creativity - just as well it is only 30 miles or so from home, but £19 I could have put to better uses. Learn to deserve to wear the shirt lads. WIsh they would let me in the dressing room at full time - I would have more to say than on here, cos I wouldn't be censored!

Think the players have all packed their cases for their holidays and couldn't really be bothered to try today. I am not going to single anyone out for being poor, they were collectively poor, the only one I would give an ounce of credit to was Lewis when he came on. You had to give it to Northampton - they passed the ball better, created and took their chances and made us look like a sunday league team. Yet again, I wonder why I bother, but yes, I will be there next week.

A couple of questions to ponder over : why are all our corners short instead of in the box? Why hoof it up for Matty Wolfenden - he cannot win any headers like that? Why don't they wish to see the season out on a high?

Disappointed with their lack of motivation and creativity - just as well it is only 30 miles or so from home, but £19 I could have put to better uses. Learn to deserve to wear the shirt lads. WIsh they would let me in the dressing room at full time - I would have more to say than on here, cos I wouldn't be censored!

i posted elswhere i got texts and a call from a mate at the game,said it was shocking and he felt really let down,to have gone all that way and to end up watching a team who in his words "couldnt be arsed"

think a big shake up is needed,a few players need bringing down a peg or two and a good few decent quality players need to come in,otherwise we wont get out of this league

i posted elswhere i got texts and a call from a mate at the game,said it was shocking and he felt really let down,to have gone all that way and to end up watching a team who in his words "couldnt be arsed"

think a big shake up is needed,a few players need bringing down a peg or two and a good few decent quality players need to come in,otherwise we wont get out of this league

Whad did you expect, a last push for the play offs???

no not at all.we lost the playoff momentum weeks ago....but at the end of the day if fans travel that kind of distance to watch a game of proffessional football,the very least you should expect is a bit of effort.....and technically if brighton walsall tranmere and leeds had lost today,would have made next weeks game a lkittle more interesting

Having travelled all the way to Northampton and spent their cash I think they at least expected and were entitled to 100% commitment from the players.

Any player who is not willing to give his all in every game shouldn't be at the club.

Kelvin Lomax, Mark Crossley, Mark Allott. - Deserved much more from today. Not saying they were brilliant, but they put a shift in.

The rest. - Tripe.

Yes agree with that

Allot MOM at least he had some passion today

Lewis A did try when he came on

Good job it was only a short hop to Northampton

What sort of post is that.

Like said above people have spent there money and gone down there to support the lads, they atleast expected the respect and courtesy of a decent performance and 100%.

Don't know whether that was worse than Luton and Swindon but that was one of the most abject performances i've seen in a long, long time. as other have said the players couldn't be arsed. Doesn't help when your own fans boo your number 22 before a bleedin' ball has been kicked. Even his mates were calling him a knob. We were woeful, never had a spell in the game not one shot on target and struggled to string two passes together.

Crossley - two good saves in the first half, no real chance with the goals.

Rubes - Not a Full-Back, Shez, looked uncomfortable all afternoon

Stam - Was on his second pina collada by about twenty past three

Gregan - Very good in the first half, enjoyed playing against two big lads, looked bollocksed in the warm up!

Kelvin - We were vocal in championing his cause, if i'm honest during his extended run he's been decidedly average at best

Liddell - Shocking, contributed nothing, every pass pretty much mis-placed. Proved once and for all as we know not a right-winger and no-where near match-fit. If we keep him he needs a withdrawn central role. If not waste of a wage Shez.

Eardley - Wasn't at the Orient game, heard he did well, well he was dire yesterday

Allott - Worse game of the season

Jarrett - Very poor, why not play him where he casued so many problems vs Hudds?

Smalley - He runs down blind alleys, scared of shooting. Three year deal would be a big mistake. I'd give a year to kick him up the arse. Yes he has his good moments, but bottling out of challenges that are heavily in his favour is unforgivable and he's done it all season. Grow some balls Deano, or you'll go by the wayside. No point having all the pace and skill in the world if you're a tart!

Wolfy - Defended him to the hilt, still thought he could come good. Unfortunately he just isn't good enough.

Lewi - Didn't look anywhere near fit, understandable. Kept the ball better than the other two though.

Chalmers - Looked ok, bright and enthusiastic, unlike most of his team mates.

I know it was an end of season 'nothing' encounter but surely it isn't too much to ask to put in a bit of effort. As others have said it felt like a friendly. The ref was crap and we allowed ourselves to be bullied out of the game, especially Wolfy, Smalley, Stam and Eardley. Liddell fit or not should take a long hard look at himself this morning, no way he should get another deal on that showing. Only plus point was Gregan's first - half performance and a decent couple of saves from lardarse. The rest of 'em wouldn't pay 'em in washers. If you're going to Crewe, get tanked up 'cos it won't be pretty. Not been to many away games since Christmas and boy am I glad if we were anything as bad at Yeovil, Luton, Swindon,Brizzle, Brighton etc...

PS Holty was superb for Northampton, shame he lost his way here really. Great airshot in front of goal 6 yards out in the first half. Took the light hearted ribbing from Latics fans with a trade mark grin.

Edited by oafcprozac

Crossley - two good saves in the first half, no real chance with the goals. (AGREED)

Rubes - Not a Full-Back Shez, looked uncomfortable all afernoon. (Did OK, considering who he had in front of him)

Stam - Was on his second pina collada by about twenty past three (Apart from getting caught out running backwards, I thought he made a couple of telling tackles and interceptions and saved once on the line)

Gregan - Very good in the first half, enjoyed playing against two big lads, looked bollocksed in the warm up! (AGREED)

Kelvin - We were vocal in championing his cause, if i'm honest during his extended run he's been decidedly average at best (POOR - shown up to be a right back playing left. I hope he gets a chance at right back soon)

Liddell - Shocking, contributed nothing, every pass pretty much mis-placed. Proved once and for all as we know not a right-winger and no-where near match-fit. If we keep him he needs a withdrawn cemtral role. If not waste of a wage Shez. (AWFUL - too slow as a winger or as a central midfielder or as a deep forward. Big mistake if he is around next year)

Eardley - Wasn't at the Orient game, heard he did well, well he was dire yesterday (Headless chicken syndrome. If we get a good offer - get rid)

Allott - Worse game of the season (AGREED - lots of effort but no end product)

Jarrett - Very poor, why not play him where he casued so many problems vs Hudds? (AGREED - but unfit)

Smalley - He runs down blind alleys, scared of shooting. Three year deal would be a big mistake. I'd give a year to kick him up the arse. yes he's a good but bottling out of challenges that are heavily in his favour is unforgivable and he's done it all season. Grow some balls Deano, or you'll go by the wayside. No point having all the pace and skill in the world if you're a tart! (Has played well in recent games, but why did Shez have to move him from right to left to accomodate Liddell?)

Wolfy - Defended him to the hilt, still thought he could come good. Unfortunately he just isn't good enough. (AGREED - too small and too slow)

Lewi - Didn't look anywhere near fit, unserstandable. Kept the ball better than the other two though. (AGREED)

Chalmers - Looked ok, bright and enthusiastic, unlike most of his team mates. (AGREED)

QUESTIONS

Should Stam have played on the left to counter Hubertz?

Should Black have been given a runout?

KEEP THE FAITH

Edited by mikejh45

QUESTIONS

Should Stam have played on the left to counter Hubertz?

Should Black have been given a runout?

KEEP THE FAITH

Black and Chalmers would've got a game and fit or not Lewi would've started, with Jarrett in his Huddersfirld role. Liddell wouldn't have got a game. as for Stam and Hubertz, if you saw him (Stam) go to pieces in the space of Hubertz's fleeting sub appearance for Millwall at BP last season, then no way!

Team for Cheltenham

Crossley

Eardley

Gregan

Rubes

Black

Smalley

Allott

Chalmers

Taylor

Jarrett

Lewi

Shez says he wants to experiment, well do it then instead of piss farting about and pandering to your 'golden boys' (Liddell)

Black and Chalmers would've got a game and fit or not Lewi would've started, with Jarrett in his Huddersfirld role. Liddell wouldn't have got a game. as for Stam and Hubertz, if you saw him (Stam) go to pieces in the space of Hubertz's fleeting sub appearance for Millwall at BP last season, then no way!

Team for Cheltenham

Crossley

Eardley

Gregan

Rubes

Black

Smalley

Allott

Chalmers

Taylor

Jarrett

Lewi

Shez says he wants to experiment, well do it then instead of piss farting about and pandering to your 'golden boys' (Liddell)

:unsure:

Oh the guy everyone was raving about after Orient?

A Lady in the dressing room, half naked men???????

A Lady in the dressing room, half naked men???????

I was thinking that.

It should be something for Shez to consider for next season - a sort of opposite to Harbin...

If the lads lose a match without any fight in them: "Let em have it Cherry!" :grin:

Liddell - Shocking, contributed nothing, every pass pretty much mis-placed. Proved once and for all as we know not a right-winger and no-where near match-fit. If we keep him he needs a withdrawn cemtral role. If not waste of a wage Shez. (AWFUL - too slow as a winger or as a central midfielder or as a deep forward. Big mistake if he is around next year)

Jarrett - Very poor, why not play him where he casued so many problems vs Hudds? (AGREED - but unfit)Lewi - Didn't look anywhere near fit, unserstandable. Kept the ball better than the other two though. (AGREED)

So Jarret (28?) a naturally fit bloke misses a few games, comes back and is partly excused for being unfit, likewise Allesandra (18?).

Liddell (35?) misses 6 months, comes straight back into the first team a game and a half ago and it isnt even mentioned.

It seems there is a bit of a Lidds-hunt going on to me. I dont think some see what he brings to the team/club, and then I think some do and just dont value it. It may have been a while since we saw him in form but with a full pre-season he can do well, he hasnt a record for niggling injuries and whilst I also value pace we have it elsewhere......where we havent his quality. Quality pacy players are expensive remember. I dont think he's the type to want a last pay day I think he will try to end his career on a high and I reckon he will, probably on reduced terms as a utility man for the front 6. There is also of course the bonus of his experience and guidence for our many youngsters - Shez commented on him being in and around the club helping the kids a bit whilst he was injured. Also he probably puts a bit of fanny on the gate. :naughty:

So Jarret (28?) a naturally fit bloke misses a few games, comes back and is partly excused for being unfit, likewise Allesandra (18?).

Liddell (35?) misses 6 months, comes straight back into the first team a game and a half ago and it isnt even mentioned.

Got to agree on the bit I've quoted above, regarding Saturdays game! Despite not being Lids' biggest fan and like I've said elsewhere about Saturdays game....anyone reading much into it, really really does need to get a grasp on reality a bit more. The season's well and truly over and we're not going to be seeing world class performers out there. It's sad that human nature is in such a way that one or two will always give 100% naturally but others just can't get up for it when nothing counts on it. Hey....I play better for my pool team when we're 3-1 down (best of 7) and I must win, but when we're 3-1 up I just don't feel the pressure the same and I want to win badly but sometimes, I just can't find the spark and might lose. Just how it goes sometimes.

Edited by boundaryblue80