Has Crossley Signed A New Deal?

Was just looking at the World headline on the fishul, states that Crossley is relishing another season.

Does that mean he's sign the new contract he was offered? (Or I assumed he had been offered a new deal after this: http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1291932,00.html )

Anyway, it looks promising. Crossley has been pretty consistent this second half of the season and if he has good luck with regards to injuries next season then he could play a pivotal part in us winning the league. :grin:

Anyway, it looks promising. Crossley has been pretty consistent this second half of the season and if he has good luck with regards to injuries next season then he could play a pivotal part in us winning the league. :grin:

I wouldn't have a problem about another season for Crossley, but I feel we really need to get some decent cover for him. I wonder if the young lad we had on loan last season (who saved the penalty against Swansea) is gettable?

I wouldn't have a problem about another season for Crossley, but I feel we really need to get some decent cover for him. I wonder if the young lad we had on loan last season (who saved the penalty against Swansea) is gettable?

Chris Howarth?

He's been at Carlisle this season. Think he is number two to Westwood.

You mean Chris Howarth?

He's at Carlisle under contract until 2009.

EDIT - Too slow. :grin:

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Doesn't Crossley have a two year contract anyway, albeit only one as a player?

The lad (Howarth?) against Swansea went to Carlisle, don't know if he's played there at all. There must be bundles of keepers available to loan for a season either from a higher level or a bit more experienced. We might have to offer first team football though.

Edit: Miiiiiiillllllllleeeeeeessssss too slow.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Another thing has emerged from the beery murk of the Awards night - Liddell was totally singing the praises of Crossley, going on about how good he was to have around the younger players. I suspect he might even be the "good cop" in the management structure to Tommy and Shez as the beastly ones. Worth having as a player in any case.

O dear!!

Another season of being nervous everytime the opposition crosses a ball in Crossley will be routed to his line. Also another season of him not talking to his defence.

Happy days

You mustn't be listening hard enough razza, he's very vocal with his defence. I'd prefer another keeper myself but he does a good enough job, saved us quite a few times this season.

I think Josh Bell is gonig to be our number two next season, Shez is offering him a professional contract for next season although with Shez's luck with keepers he might need 3 pro keepers at least to get through the season!

You mustn't be listening hard enough razza, he's very vocal with his defence. I'd prefer another keeper myself but he does a good enough job, saved us quite a few times this season.

I think Josh Bell is gonig to be our number two next season, Shez is offering him a professional contract for next season although with Shez's luck with keepers he might need 3 pro keepers at least to get through the season!

He is a great shot stopper but there is many other keepers out there that are great shot stoppers but better in the air. I would keep him on as a coach though as you cant buy experience but i just think his age is catching up.

Edited by razza699

He is a great shot stopper but there is many other keepers out there that are great shot stoppers but better in the air. I would keep him on as a coach though as you cant buy experience but i just think his age is catching up.

I think you're nitpicking about certain performances. For sure, when you look at it over the season he's been pretty decent and his goals against stats are above average. Yes, age is a factor but he's certainly a trooper, playing numerous times through the pain barrier.

Next season ought to be his last season but we need his understudy in for a season, to take over the helm when he steps down.

I think you're nitpicking about certain performances. For sure, when you look at it over the season he's been pretty decent and his goals against stats are above average. Yes, age is a factor but he's certainly a trooper, playing numerous times through the pain barrier.

Next season ought to be his last season but we need his understudy in for a season, to take over the helm when he steps down.

You have valid points but personally i never felt safe when watching him. I think if we are looking on to push for Promotion we need to build from the back and have a keeper thats going to play most if not all of the season. I mean look at Les that season we lost out to QPR.

You have valid points but personally i never felt safe when watching him. I think if we are looking on to push for Promotion we need to build from the back and have a keeper thats going to play most if not all of the season. I mean look at Les that season we lost out to QPR.

Can you honestly say you never felt a teensy bit nervous when Les was coming for crosses? Never mind going to kick the ball? He was awesome that season but still nowhere near the complete package.

Can you honestly say you never felt a teensy bit nervous when Les was coming for crosses? Never mind going to kick the ball? He was awesome that season but still nowhere near the complete package.

Yes i no what you mean. Im just trying to make the point im not having a dig at Crossley I just think its time for a new keeper.

I think if we are looking on to push for Promotion we need to build from the back and have a keeper thats going to play most if not all of the season. I mean look at Les that season we lost out to QPR.

What's to say he won't play most, if not all the season. I think you need to compare stats too, Crossley has only missed a handful of games this season, in fact he's probably about 3rd in appearances. I don't think that's too shoddy myself.

I'd agree with you, say around September. But since then he's been pretty consistantly good and allayed any doubts that I ever had.

Even though Les came out for crosses, he probably let in just as many as Crossley due to the fact he missed so many. Crossley is a good shot stopper from both far out and from one on one situations. Les was really only good from distance. I don’t think there are that many better keepers available. Our defensive record is good anyway. We need to improve on the amount of times we put that ball in the opposing net if we’re going to get promotion.

Guest oa_exile
Crossley says in his interview that the Latics are looking for a new No.2 keeper to replace Pogs.

Sounds good.......... now ........ :mmm: ............ :bulb:

I wonder if the young lad we had on loan last season (who saved the penalty against Swansea) is gettable?

What does everyone think ?