I think this is a good move, he's not been good enough for us from what I've seen, not the player I thought he'd be from seeing him play for Yeovil last season. I expect him to be heading back there shortly. Not many central midfielders now, should be good to see who Shez has in mind to replace Kalala and Gary Mac.

Decent squad player though.

Squad being ripped apart- New players come in- some wont work out.

Swings and roundabouts.

GMac is a loss to the squad, but JP? He's rarely shown he is good enough to step in for injuries IMO, never mind push for a starting place. Added to that that he only has one aspect to his game, not a player that can do a job out of position when needed. There will be plenty around who can offer what JP can, and for smaller wages.

GMac is a loss to the squad, but JP? He's rarely shown he is good enough to step in for injuries IMO, never mind push for a starting place. Added to that that he only has one aspect to his game, not a player that can do a job out of position when needed. There will be plenty around who can offer what JP can, and for smaller wages.

I thought he was gash until at Everton, where he was quality. Even the Everton fans were raving about him. To be honest like Gary McDonald he didnt show that form enough. What I'm trying to say is the continued changing of the squad is no good for continunity. Its a good job we have so many good promising youngsters coming through.

Whilst its good for continuity. To be at any club you either have to be good enough or going to be good enough. Anybody who's at an age when they should be playing regular first team football and isn't, wont be doing anybody any favours sticking around as a 'squad player'. Cant say I've seen much of Kalala or *cough* McDonald, so i suppose its upto regular viewers to judge whether they upto standard.

I thought he was gash until at Everton, where he was quality. Even the Everton fans were raving about him. To be honest like Gary McDonald he didnt show that form enough. What I'm trying to say is the continued changing of the squad is no good for continunity. Its a good job we have so many good promising youngsters coming through.

Definitely MOM against Everton, maybe because that is exactly the sort of game where his game is needed – win the ball and don’t let the opposition have it. Couldn’t agree more than that we don’t want to be starting from scratch every year, but I just don’t think he is going to play enough for releasing him to make any difference, there’s no point keeping him for the sake of a couple of games a season where it’s backs against the wall.

And he frustrates the hell out of me, several games I was pulling my hair of at his refusal to pass, and especially run, in a forwards direction.

Two average players won't be here next season, no big deal. I am sure we will be bringing someone in of a higher quality than JP and GMac. Allott is hardly a world beater but he is head and shoulders above those two. Jarratt and Allott is looking good for next season.

Consistency is what Sheridan is after.

A JP type player being MOM one day and gash the next is no good if we want to get promotion.

Got a feeling Livermore will be the Kalala-like replacement and Jarrett in for McDonald. A ball playing midfielder as well as those and we'd have a pretty mean looking midfield next season.

Guest oa_exile
Got a feeling Livermore will be the Kalala-like replacement and Jarrett in for McDonald. A ball playing midfielder as well as those and we'd have a pretty mean looking midfield next season.

I can go for that FMS but I have a feeling Livermore may be out of our reach , salary wise , would like to see it happen though :)

I hope JP gets fixed up and actually wants to! never from day one of seeing JP did I think he was any good. Cannot trap a ball, cannot pass a ball and where people think he tackles like a demon form god only knows. Gary Mac was head and shoulders better than JP. it would seem Sheridan agreed by at least offering Macca a deal, no matter what the deal was. It must have been decentish as Macca states on the Dons website he received a good offer from Latics and enjoyed his time here.

I can go for that FMS but I have a feeling Livermore may be out of our reach , salary wise , would like to see it happen though :)

Yeah, maybe. But getting Kalala and Macca off the wage bill may go some way to offering Livermore something decent. Personally I never thought he was a top class championship player, or even a gamewinner as such, but he's a consistent 'steady Eddie', and we need those.

Guest oa_exile
Yeah, maybe. But getting Kalala and Macca off the wage bill may go some way to offering Livermore something decent. Personally I never thought he was a top class championship player, or even a gamewinner as such, but he's a consistent 'steady Eddie', and we need those.

Agreed and that is why it would be a major coup if Shez could pull it off.

Also JJ is a Championship player or should I say probably on Championship wages also , unless TTA have "Upped" his budget I get the feeling "WE" are aiming too high , but why not it's not our cash :lol: and we need these type of players to give us a chance of a serious challenge for promotion next season B)

I hope we do sign Livermore!!! thats the kind of player we do need, but surely out of our reach - fingers crossed though.

Nice to see Shez is improving the midfield, I think more consistency in the centre alongside Allott could be the key to next season.

Guest oa_exile
I think more consistency in the centre alongside Allott could be the key to next season.

Without doubt ! , not only that but we need a bit of depth as well as a "just in case"

I hope we do sign Livermore!!! thats the kind of player we do need, but surely out of our reach - fingers crossed though.

Nice to see Shez is improving the midfield, I think more consistency in the centre alongside Allott could be the key to next season.

And that would have to be where Livermore is to play....Centre Mid.

Agree with most sentiments about JPK....however, I do feel for him slightly even though I agree with Shez's decision. Mainly coz the Everton game alone shows what he had in his locker. And people talking about him being inconsistent, well to be honest when he played he was often playing alongside Allott. Really, he was only his understudy and Allott became irreplaceable. So we've not seen him in the team in the position he plays. The biggest worry was he seemed scared of the ball though at times and thus on that basis alone, I'm fine with the decision to let him go.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Think this is pretty inevitable... and agree with most of the comments here, never really felt we saw the best of him, but never really felt there was much more to show... he scared me when he had the ball, all moves ultimately ended when he touched it... everton was the only type of game he functioned in, he didnt have to do anything other than get in the way... and we didnt really have to attack - so it suited him fine...

... and as has been said - after the dressing room split he could have slung his hook in January... sure he will get some takers, go knows what money he is on, but can see him ending up at one of the promoted sides.. Rochdale anyone?

I have to think positively, and the only reason Shez has told him to pack his bags.. the day we lose Macca, is that he has a new midfield lined up... as is said though anyone would probably add more value than JP (I hear Paul Murray is available :wink:

... oh well, at least we will save a hell of alot of money in Hilton hotel bills... :wink:

Think this is pretty inevitable... and agree with most of the comments here, never really felt we saw the best of him, but never really felt there was much more to show... he scared me when he had the ball, all moves ultimately ended when he touched it... everton was the only type of game he functioned in, he didnt have to do anything other than get in the way... and we didnt really have to attack - so it suited him fine...

... and as has been said - after the dressing room split he could have slung his hook in January... sure he will get some takers, go knows what money he is on, but can see him ending up at one of the promoted sides.. Rochdale anyone?

I have to think positively, and the only reason Shez has told him to pack his bags.. the day we lose Macca, is that he has a new midfield lined up... as is said though anyone would probably add more value than JP (I hear Paul Murray is available :wink:

... oh well, at least we will save a hell of alot of money in Hilton hotel bills... :wink:

its good that things are getting sorted out sooner rather than later....and for all we know these two could be some of the players who wont listen to shez.........

i agree if he can find a club,then fine. we havent really seen the best of him......but in that case you would have to say thompson should be next ???