Der, der, der. Der, der, der...

Edwards best game of last season was in the playoff second leg....based on that performance I'd have signed him up!

If he couldn't hack it at Port Vale then we were definately right in getting rid.

Glad we got rid of Edwards, all that pace and skill and he couldn't cross at the end, what a waste of effort.

Edwards much better at LB than at LW.

agree, when he played LW he played like a LB...picked the ball up in his own half, reached the half way line, turned and played it back to the full back!

'FIVE NIL, EVEN ROCKY SCORED!'

Quality away, garbage at home. Hope he finds a club, he's not that bad. Edwards much better at LB than at LW.

what do you expect when some fans didnt even give him the chance from the beginning? Swansea away was the first and only time he could play without the pressure and barracking from those in the stands. Rocastle was never going to be one of the fans favourites as he's one of the players who isnt noticed much, who does all the crap and picking up the peices.

As for Eddy. He had Blackpool's right side in his pocket in the 2nd leg last season. Just a shame he didnt want to be lumped at left back as on that performance he'd of done well for us there.

Rocastle was never going to be one of the fans favourites as he's one of the players who isnt noticed much, who does all the crap and picking up the peices.

thats so far from true when you notice that mark allott is the new neil adams and paul warne got a standing ovation when he returned. rocastle failed because he was asked to play on the left as he was left footed, was exposed as being the slowest least skilfull winger ever and he never managed to fight back from that, despite litterally fighting the oppo on ocassion!

Rocky was good away just like Kalala. Not noticed, but when you're playing narrow, and they're attacking, both had the ability to break attacks up. The only reason why neither shone at home was because very few sides go out 4-4-2 away from home, and go out to attack.

I don't, however, think Rocky was good enough for a side who wanted promotion.

As for Eddy, got way too much stick. He wasn't frightened to do owt. At LB he was amazing - he was one of the best tacklers.

thats so far from true when you notice that mark allott is the new neil adams and paul warne got a standing ovation when he returned. rocastle failed because he was asked to play on the left as he was left footed, was exposed as being the slowest least skilfull winger ever and he never managed to fight back from that, despite litterally fighting the oppo on ocassion!

Utter garbage, Warney was loved because of his effort, not because he was very good at mopping up in midfield.

Rocky - a left winger?! He was put in the middle to scrap and mop up. I don't remember him ever being a LW. There may have been times when due to injury he was played on the left side of midfield...but that doesn't mean he was a winger in an attacking sense, nor was he ever expected to play as one....

As for Eddy, got way too much stick. He wasn't frightened to do owt. At LB he was amazing - he was one of the best tacklers.

Got too much stick, but...

At left back he was capable. Not as good as a normal left back but could do a filling in job.

He wasn't frightened to do anything. Well anything but run past their players and/or put the ball in the middle of the pitch.

As a winger he was pathetic. As a full back he was capable but still an out of position pathetic winger.

Utter garbage, Warney was loved because of his effort, not because he was very good at mopping up in midfield.

Rocky - a left winger?! He was put in the middle to scrap and mop up. I don't remember him ever being a LW. There may have been times when due to injury he was played on the left side of midfield...but that doesn't mean he was a winger in an attacking sense, nor was he ever expected to play as one....

lol now thats very funny, can you read?

i was saying that warney and allott were (are) loved for their less than eye catching contributions, the very reason being sighted as the reason rocastle wasnt loved. i was pointing out this fact aswell as opining that rocastle caught the eye of the boo boys when he was out of position, i never once advocated he was a winger!

it has been said before that people are very eager to jump on here without actually reading whats been said and i belive i have just witnessed this, either i didnt make my point correctly or i am in fact replying to 'utter garbage' myself. how apropriate that the thread is called DERRRR lol

In his first few games when the grief started to build up he was played on the left wing.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

i was saying that warney and allott were (are) loved for their less than eye catching contributions, the very reason being sighted as the reason rocastle wasnt loved. i was pointing out this fact aswell as opining that rocastle caught the eye of the boo boys when he was out of position, i never once advocated he was a winger!

it has been said before that people are very eager to jump on here without actually reading whats been said and i belive i have just witnessed this, either i didnt make my point correctly or i am in fact replying to 'utter garbage' myself. how apropriate that the thread is called DERRRR lol

'Ey 'ey, calm down, calm down!

I'll take the second point and apologise. And I'll accept I misunderstood your post, but reread your OP and it still seems you were insinuating that Warney and Rocky played similar roles.

Are you forgetting the fact that Allott played a large chunk of his first spell at the club - upfront. He was loved by most before he came back here. Hardly a good comparison.

Sad fact is there was a large section of so called Oldham fans waiting to have a pop at him from the moment he signed. Even sadder fact is, he's not the only player who's been a victim of that and most definately wont be the last.

Paul Edwards is the most one footed footballer I have ever seen.

Not sure about your age, but if you go to the Cooksey charidee game you'll see a fellow called Chrissy Waddle pop star. Now he was more one footed than Eddy.