Luke Beckett to Bradford.

:lol:

good move for him,keeps him in this yorkshire border area he likes so much,plus if he fires them up he will be hero worshipped,not the most mobile of strikers but he knows where the onion bag is,and hes still only 31.

good move for him,keeps him in this yorkshire border area he likes so much,plus if he fires them up he will be hero worshipped,not the most mobile of strikers but he knows where the onion bag is,and hes still only 31.

Yeah, a good acquisition for them he will definately score goals in League 2.

£150 for a season ticket! Not bad eh? Up to 11 years old and it's free! 11-18 is £75.

They might be Yorkshire barstewards but I salute them!

If only more clubs (HINT, HINT) would do the same

they looked into it but it aint viable. we couldnt pull in 13000 if we gave free entry to everybody

they looked into it but it aint viable. we couldnt pull in 13000 if we gave free entry to everybody

I seem to remember more than 13000 turning up when they did let everyone in for free.

If Latics did the same deal as Bratfud are doing (and advertised this properly rather than relying on the club website and the back page of the Chron) I am sure they could double their crowds. We'd end up with the same money coming in but a packed ground and a hell of a lot more future fans. If it works for Bradford I dont see why it isnt viable for other teams.

umm, grimsby?

good luck to luke. shame he didnt stay with us longer. im sure there is plenty left in the tank tho.

Edited by MaskedOwl

I seem to remember more than 13000 turning up when they did let everyone in for free.

If Latics did the same deal as Bratfud are doing (and advertised this properly rather than relying on the club website and the back page of the Chron) I am sure they could double their crowds. We'd end up with the same money coming in but a packed ground and a hell of a lot more future fans. If it works for Bradford I dont see why it isnt viable for other teams.

It wasn't full for £2 though, so that sets the pricing bar pretty low.

A figure of 8,000 was mentioned last week I would have though the 11,000 was more like it but H&S are a funny bunch.

Hudds have sold 9,500 ST as per yesterday. But that only gives them revenue of £950k, (So in real terms they've made a possible loss of £2M on the normal matchday price/season ticket price, their new owner is funding massive losses, with little matchday income next season I can see it going tits up. As for Bradford they've released 13 players this summer, probably answers the viability question of cheap ST vs long term revenue over a season for players etc...

In hindsight i'm glad we're charging the going rate, ok TTA are willing to fund losses but to also bung us a few quid for signings. Surely Hudds and Bradford cannot sustain the losses they will make/are making. For us to earn £950k in ST sales we'll need to sell approximately 2800 adult season tickets, which we will do, despite the indifference surrounding the club at the moment. TTA are right these hair brained schemes look good at the onset and certainly attract new fans but once the prices go back up, how many will stay?

I know Bradford just released 13 players but they're talking about bringing in 6 good quality ones in return.

I dont think they are suffering financially through their pricing. I'm pretty sure they're doing better than they would have been with 'normal' priced tickets and they report they're making a shed load extra through programmes, food and kits/scarves etc etc.

I dont know much about the Huddersfield situation and if its being done on a proper business model or is coming out of his pocket but next season will be interesting. I know that Port Vale and Swindon are also talking about doing similar deals. If these clubs do ok over the next few years then more and more teams will start doing the same.

Meanwhile it'll be about £25 to get into Boundary Park for the dwindling faithful.

You say that 2800 ST's is the target, I am sure as sure can be that a proper marketing campaign and cheap prices would get at least 5600 ST's.

I've had a rummage about on the internet and Bradford reckon they're going to turn a small profit this year for the first time in 8 years. Not bad for a non viable pricing plan. Plus that's coming from the starting position of having to shell out £1.2M on rent